Three killed in acid leak in China
Beijing: Three persons were killed when 2,000 cubic metres of sulphuric acid leaked from a storehouse in northeast China, officials said on Saturday.
The exact number of casualties is still being verified after the accident took place at about 3 pm yesterday in Fangshen Village near Chaoyang City in Liaoning Province, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted an official from the city's publicity bureau as saying.
The official said the acid leaked from a family-run storehouse and has contaminated nearby areas, making it difficult for the rescuers to approach, according to the report.
Two villagers were found dead at the site while another perished in hospital.