Fisherman assured of inquiry into actor Salman Khan's threats
Mumbai: Bollywood star Salman Khan has landed in the thick of another controversy with a suburban fisherman's family alleging that he has threatened them.
The fisherman had alleged that Khan and his bodyguards asked them to shift their boats and fishing nets, since these blocked the sea view from the Bollywood star's Bandra West suburban residence.
The fisherman, Lawrence Falcon (65) and his family, along with various citizens associations today met Additional Police Commissioner Vishwas Nangre Patil, who after hearing them, assured that a DCP would conduct an inquiry into the matter, a police officer said.
On Sunday, the fisherman's family, which stays at suburban Bandra West, had demanded filing of an FIR against Khan and his bodyguards.
Three complaints had already been filed at the suburban Bandra police station in September 2011 as well as in May and December last year, but instead of registering FIRs against the actor and his bodyguards, the police allegedly registered only non-cognisable offences, the victim claimed.
"The officer promised us a thorough inquiry on the role of Khan, his father, his bodyguards and the police. The officer said that the report will be ready in 15 days," Anil Joseph, chairperson of the Perry Road Residents' Association, who is helping the fisherman's family, told PTI.
Khan had bought two cottages 'Belle View' and 'Benar' at Bandra West's Chimbai area in 2011 and had barricades put up around them.
The fisherman's family, which parks their boats and puts up fishing nets on the beach, alleged that Khan's bodyguards began harassing them soon after he purchased the property.
Falcon also alleged that plastic sheets used to cover their boats began disappearing. He claimed one of the family members was assaulted by the actor's bodyguards.
Nangre was unavailable for comment.