North Korea cuts hotline with South Korea
Seoul: North Korea has snapped a hotline with South Korea, authorities said here Monday.
North Korea has reportedly severed an inter-Korean communication hotline following its threat to do so last week, the unification ministry said here.
The ministry said North Koera seems to have cut the emergency link set up to deal with any contingency along the demilitarized zone of Panmunjom, which separates the two Koreas, Yonhap News Agency reported.
Tensions have been running high since North Korea conducted its third nuclear test Feb 12, and the UN agreed to impose tougher sanctions on the country for its renewed provocations.