Six of family injured in fire caused by gas leakage in MP



Indore: Six persons of family, including three children, were injured in fire at their house caused by leakage from a cooking gas cylinder here, police said on Wednesday.

The fire broke when Mansharam's wife was cooking food in the kitchen at their one-room house in Pathar-Mundla locality last night.

Mansharam, his wife, mother and three minor children received burn injuries and were rushed to MY hospital, Bhanwarkua police said.

The neighbours helped in dousing the flames by pouring water.

In another incident, the house of a retired government official at Sarnath Colony here was set afire by some burglars who entered the premises early today.

The burglars escaped with some household goods, cash and electronic items after setting afire two rooms in the house.

A computer, some furniture, an air conditioner and some other goods were gutted in the blaze.

Fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the flames, police added.

PTI