Doctor dies taking preservative solution



Aizawl: A doctor died Wednesday after mistakenly drinking a solution meant for injection to preserve the body of his grandmother for burial, hospital sources said.

Dr Innocent Chawnghmingmawia died at 5:30 AM in the Aizawl Hospital and Research Centre after mistakenly drinking a solution (Formalin) from a bottle kept near the body of his 105-year-old grandmother Elizabeth Suakzingi who died at 10 PM last night, they said.

The 47-year-old doctor was rushed to the hospital where he died.

PTI