Fire in hospital's ICU in Tamil Nadu



Ramanathapuram: A fire broke out at the Intensive Care unit (Burn injuries) of the District Government Headquarters hospital here on Friday but none was injured, officials said.

Electrical short circuit in the airconditioner unit of the ward caused the fire, they said. As the fire spread fast, patients in the ward were shifted immediately.

Major damage to the equipment in the unit has been averted due to the timely intervention of the fire department personnel who doused the blaze in a short span, they added.

PTI