Four workers die after inhaling poisonous gas in well
Noida: Four workers died after inhaling poisonous gas in a well in Sector 128 Asgarpur Jehangirpur area of Gautam Buddha Nagar district on Friday.
The incident occurred at an illegal stone crushing site and a case has been registered against its owner at Noida at Sector 39 police station, police said.
"FIR against crusher owner and manager has been lodged at Sector 39 police station," District Magistrate Kumar Ravikant Singh said.
Tipu, a worker at the site, went into the well to repair a pump but fell unconscious inside.
After some time, another worker, Gulfam, went inside the well to inquire but he too did not return.
Later, two other workers Sadanand Mandal and Santosh Mandal stepped below through wooden stairs to rescue them.
However, they too fell unconscious due to poisonous gas emanating from the well, police said.
All of them were later rescued with the help of police and were rushed to nearby JS hospital at Sector 132, where they were declared brought dead by the doctors.
Tipu and Gulfam were residents of Samastipur in Bihar and the other two, Sadananad and Santosh, were residents Katihar in the state.
SSP Preetinder Singh, City Magistrate Sanjay Chauhan and other officials too reached the site.
The workers were scheduled to leave for their homes on June 26 and had also booked railway tickets.