Congress hails Amarinder Singh for waging war against 'VIP Culture'
Punjab: Hailing the decision of newly formed Punjab government to completely shun the VIP culture, the Congress has called on the entire nation to support this decision, adding that the grand old party will fulfill its promises made to people of the state, unlike BJP.
Speaking to ANI here, Congress spokesperson Madhu Yaskhi Goud said, "I congratulate Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh for taking such a great decision."
In its first cabinet meeting chaired by Capt Amarinder Singh, the newly formed Punjab government decided to completely shun the VIP culture by removing the red, yellow and blue beacons from their official vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why