Rana K P Singh sworn in as Protem Speaker of Punjab Assembly
Chandigarh: Rana Kanwar Pal Singh, Congress MLA from Anandpur Sahib Assembly constituency, was today sworn in as Protem Speaker of the Punjab Assembly here.
Governor V P Singh Badnore administered the oath to Rana at the Raj Bhawan here, an official spokesman said.
After joining office at the Vidhan Sabha, Rana said he was reviewing the arrangements for the forthcoming Vidhan Sabha session starting from March 24.
He said the MLAs would be administered oath in the Vidhan Sabha on March 27.
The 59-year-old former Punjab Youth Congress president had won from Anandpur Sahib for the third time in the recently held state Assembly polls.
Rana is a law graduate from Dehradun University. He was practising at Rupnagar district courts before joining politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!