A huge posse of personnel was deployed and barricades were put up at the main entry points from Haryana from where the INLD workers are expected to enter Punjab to dig the Sutlej-Yamuna Link canal.
Adampur in Punjab reeled under biting cold at 5.2 degrees Celsius as minimum temperature hovered a few notches below normal at most places in the state and neighbouring Haryana today.
Activists of Haryana's Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) will on Thursday begin their march from Ambala and enter Punjab to “dig” the Sutlej-Yamuna Link Canal.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday made it clear that its verdict allowing construction of the Sutlej-Yamuna link (SYL) canal has to be executed and asked Haryana and Punjab to maintain law and order "at any cost" in view of a proposed protest by a political outfit tomorrow over the inter-state water row.
Former Punjab chief minister Capt Amarinder Singh has said his government in 2004 had passed the state law terminating the Punjab's water sharing pact with neighbouring states without consulting the Congress president Sonia Gandhi and had acutely upset her.
From a village shop owner to a crorepati, the journey perhaps was pre-determined by his luck. With an assurance of winning a prize money of Rs 400, he set out to purchase a ticket of the New Year Bumper lottery run by the Punjab government from Sirsa in December 2016.
The minimum temperature at most places in Punjab and Haryana dropped today.
Vipin Shukla soon got involved with his colleague's wife, Anuradha Patel, and impregnated her.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday will hear the Sutlej Yamuna Link(SYL) Canal issue involving the states of Punjab and Haryana.
With Haryana`s Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) adamant on starting digging of the controversial Sutlej-Yamuna Link (SYL) canal on Punjab-Haryana border on February 23, Punjab Congress President Amarinder Singh on Tuesday demanded army deployment.
Two bombshells were on Monday recovered from a park here leading to panic in the area, police said.
An army jawan today allegedly killed the fiance of his former girlfriend and seriously injured her at a bus stand here, police said.
Aam Aadmi Party today rubbished the accusations that its members had links with gangsters and terrorists and made as it accused the Congress for "patronising" dreaded gangsters including the key accused of Nabha jail break.
Four persons, including three members of a family, were killed on Friday when their car collided with a Punjab Roadways bus at Gharuan, about 10 km from here.
In a freak accident, 11 members of a family were killed when a coal-laden truck overturned and fell on their vehicle in Punjab's Ferozepur district, 210 km from here, on Thursday evening.
Reacting to the arrest of Nabha jailbreak mastermind from the alleged house of an AAP worker, Punjab Congress president Amarinder Singh today sought a probe into what he called Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal's "nexus" with militants and gangsters in the state.
A day after the Aam Admi Party alleged breach of security of EVMs in Punjab, the Election Commission on Wednesday decided to send a team to state to review the security arrangements.
Punjab unit of BJP today slammed the Aam Aadmi Party for allegedly harbouring criminals and militants in the state in the wake of recent arrest of the mastermind behind the Nabha jailbreak.
AAP on Tuesday urged Punjab Chief Electoral Officer to completely restrict any sort of activity within the compound where EVMs are stored in the state.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday accused officials in Punjab of trying to move EVMs from a strong room in Punjab where polling was held on February 4. Officials denied the charge.
Adampur was the coldest place in Punjab today, recording minimum temperature of 4.7 degrees Celsius, even as cold weather conditions prevailed in most parts of the state and neighbouring Haryana
In its first meeting after the February 4 voting for assembly elections in the state, Punjab`s ruling Shiromani Akali Dal said certain "elements" were indulging in "a deep-rooted and dangerous conspiracy" to weaken the Sikh community in the state.
The ruling Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD), seeking a third consecutive term in Punjab, today asked the party candidates who contested the February 4 Assembly polls to submit reports on the performance of the rank and file in the high-stakes election.
Two gangsters allegedly involved in several cases of murder and three of their accomplices were nabbed today after an early morning shootout with police in Makhu block of this district.
The BSF has recovered five kg of heroin from the tyre of a bullock cart near the India-Pakistan border in Punjab's Ferozepur sector, an official said on Saturday.
A complaint has been filed in a local court seeking action against police officials.
Cold conditions continued to prevail in Punjab and Haryana even as minimum temperatures today hovered around normal in most parts of both the states.
Repolling was on Thursday held at 48 polling stations under Amritsar Lok Sabha constitutency and five assembly segments of Punjab, with no untoward incident being reported from anywhere.
Re-polling is currently underway at 48 polling stations under Amritsar Lok Sabha constituency and five assembly segments of Punjab on Thursday.
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- UP polls: Voting for fourth phase of Assembly elections today
- DNA: India sees 50% jump in millionaire exodus in 2016
- Watch - Akshay Kumar's pillow talk with his fans on fitness
- BMC election results 2017: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers to resign
- DNA: Today in History | February 22, 2017
- DNA: BJP President Amit Shah's Exclusive interview
- LPG Gas Cylinder blasts in a restaurant in Delhi's Vikash Puri area killed 2 firemen, 2 injured
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP
- Shiv Sena retains Thane Municipal Corporation, wins 67 seats
- Maharashtra civil polls: BJP bags 32 seats in Ulhasnagar, Shiv Sena 25
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: After being snubbed at IPL 2017 auction, Irfan Pathan named skipper of Baroda
- Shobhaa De gets sharp response from the cop whom she mocked on Twitter
- Amravati Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results: BJP wins big, NCP fails to open account
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details
- UP Polls: Bookies, gamblers bet huge on BJP's win after PM ups the ante
- BJP comes to power in Pune corporation for first time, dislodges NCP