Police have arrested a college student in Punjab`s Jalandhar city for allegedly getting his girlfriend raped by two of his friends in order to avoid marrying her.
The arms and ammunition recovered during the Pathankot terror attack on January 2 last year would be produced by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) before a special court here on the next date of hearing.
The Srinagar-bound Indian Airlines plane with 107 passengers and six crew members was hijacked and taken to Lahore in September 1981.
A Punjab court has acquitted a bus driver and his three accomplices of charges of molesting a 13 -year-old Dalit girl and pushing her off a moving bus leading to her death in Moga in 2015, citing "lack of evidence" after the victim's mother turned hostile.
Recently, a video has went viral in which a woman is being beaten up by her brother-in-law and his friends in Punjab's Patiala, allegedly for giving birth to a girl and over dowry demands.
The ED chargesheet was submitted in the court of a special judge in Mohali, adjoining Chandigarh, on Wednesday.
Senior lawyer and AAP legislator HS Phoolka on Tuesday resigned as the Leader of Opposition in the Punjab Assembly to be able to continue to fight cases of the 1984 anti-Sikh riots victims in courts.
"If water is not used judiciously and saved optimally, then water emergency is written on the wall in the times to come," Power and Irrigation minister Rana Gurjeet Singh said while talking to reporters at the residence of Harjit Singh Parmar here last night.
The mercury in most places in Haryana and Punjab remained below 30 degrees Celsius on Thursday as widespread rain kept the region cool.
National Democratic Alliance's (NDA) presidential candidate Ram Nath Kovind met the legislators of Haryana and Punjab on Thursday to seek support in next month's Presidential election.
He had said the move would benefit a total of 10.25 lakh farmers, including 8.75 lakh farmers up to 5 acres.
The Punjab Council of Ministers had, on June 19, approved the proposal to amend the state excise act.
The guidelines have been issued showing respect to the national anthem under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
"They have reduced the assembly to a battleground due to their inter and intra party power struggles," he said.
In December last year, the Supreme Court passed a ruling forbidding sale of liquor within 500 metres of highways, provoking outcry from several states.
Upset over the treatment meted out to legislators by assembly staff on Thursday, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and Shiromani Akali Dal members on Friday walked out of the Punjab assembly on the last day of the budget session.
The marshals, including a woman, alleged that one of them ended up with a fractured arm.
Main opposition Aam Aadmi Party and ally Lok Insaaf Party (LIP) MLAs were physically removed out of the Punjab assembly here on Thursday by the Marshals after they created a ruckus.
Pandemonium prevailed inside the Punjab assembly on Thursday after a Sikh legislator from the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) alleged that his turban was taken off as marshalls pushed his party legislators out of the house.
Two .32 bore pistols, four magazines and cartridges have been recovered from their possession.
In a shocking incident, thieves stole nearly Rs 3,000 from the Jallianwala Bagh Martyrs' Well, where hundreds jumped to escape firing by British troops in 1919.
A poverty-stricken 21-year-old man allegedly laced burgers with poison killing his four siblings before taking his own life here.
The third international Yoga Day was celebrated with great enthusiasm across the twin states of Haryana and Punjab.
Two persons were arrested here after 36 boxes of illegal liquor seized from a deserted place on the outskirts of the city, police said on Tuesday.
Ahead of the state budget, the Punjab Council of Ministers (CoM), led by Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh, on Monday gave its nod to remove hotels, restaurants and clubs from the restrictions on serving of liquor within 500 meters of highways.
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh on Monday announced total waiver of entire crop loans for small and marginal farmers in Punjab.
Blaming the 10 years of SAD "misrule" for the current state of the farmers in Punjab, the chief minister pointed out that 7,000 cultivators committed suicide during the previous government's tenure.
In 1961, 9.25 acres of land was acquired to increase the capacity of the water works at Abohar and people from whom the land was acquired were given adequate compensation.
Fire Prevention Act would also be enacted by the department: Navjot Singh Sidhu
Chaos erupted in the Punjab assembly on Thursday after the opposition Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and Shiromani Akali Dal insisted on separate adjournment motions leading to clashes.
- Watch: How floods cause complete mayhem in several parts of the country
- Watch: Ram Nath Kovind sworn in as India's 14th President
- This is going to be new house of Pranab Mukherjee
- DNA: All you need to know about Ram Nath Kovind, India's 14th President
- Watch: President Pranab Mukherjee's farewell address to nation
- NIA prepares 110-page dossier on 48 gang leaders of J&K stone pelters
- Egypt: Tank crushes car in attempt to stop bomb blast in North Sinai
- PM Narendra to undertake aerial survey of flood-hit areas in Gujarat
- 1962 Indo-China war memorial in Gurugram vandalised
- DNA: Analysis of 'terror funding' by Hurriyat leaders
- Watch - Volcano like eruption from Bokaro coal mine due to excessive rain
- Gujarat floods: Death toll reaches 83; PM announces Rs 500 crore aid
- DNA: Today In History, July 25, 2017
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA: All you need to know about the President's Bodyguard
- Abu Dhabi hospital confirms Eman Ahmed's weight loss, says she's 65 kilos lighter!
- Ram Nath Kovind all set to swear-in as 14th President of India: Here's the list of guests and ceremony details
- Lizard found in biryani served to passenger travelling in Poorva Express
- India's Tour of Sri Lanka: Yuvraj Singh trolls Shikhar Dhawan for not wearing shoes
- BJP's Keshav Prasad Maurya likely to resign from position of Deputy CM amid rumours of Mayawati contesting from Phulpur
- National song Vande Mataram now mandatory in all schools, universities, offices across Tamil Nadu
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: How India evicted Pakistani intruders from the icy heights
- Indian daughters, Pakistani daughters-in-law always welcome: Sushma Swaraj's lovely tweet wins hearts
- Kevin Pietersen's question to Team India's new head coach Ravi Shastri leaves Twitterati in splits
- Dhinchak Pooja's new song 'Baapu Dede Thoda Cash' is so bad that it's actually good! - Watch
- WATCH: Mithali Raj and Co receive rousing reception at Mumbai airport, on return from England
- Amid Doklam stand-off, Army Vice Chief warns 'China bound to be a future threat to India'
- RBI stops printing of Rs 2000 note; accelerates production of Rs 200 notes – Know how it will affect you
- Team India skipper Mithali Raj to be gifted BMW, confirms V Chamundeswaranath
- Taimur pushes mommy Kareena Kapoor Khan – Watch Video to know why he does so