Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh today expressed dismay over the "poor" results of class 10 exams conducted by the Punjab School Education Board (PSEB), in which over 40 per cent of the students failed.
In a joint operation, the Boder Security Force (BSF) and the Punjab Police on Sunday busted a terror module with links to Canada and Pakistan.
11 persons were killed and 15 others injured in two accidents in Punjab.
The minister made the announcement after holding meetings with the managements of Dayanand Medical College and Hospital (DMCH), Ludhiana and Christian Medical College (CMC), Ludhiana.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President Amit Shah on Saturday highlighted the Narendra Modi-led government`s major achievements in the last three years.
BJP President Amit Shah categorically said on Saturday that no AAP legislator in Punjab was in touch with his party.
In 2016, PSEB announced Matriculation Examination Result March 2016 result on May 25, 2016.
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh on Wednesday said he wanted to float his own party due to "differences within the Congress" two years ago, but never toyed with the idea of joining the BJP.
The Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) on Wednesday hit back at Navjot Singh Sidhu after the Punjab minister released a letter to media and asked him to refrain from playing "petty politics" by "misleading" the people.
Union Minister of Urban Development M Venkaiah Naidu and Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh here on Wednesday discussed the implementation of central schemes in the state.
The main opposition Congress, however, remained non-committal on backing Mukherjee, saying "It is for the ruling party to decide".
In a show of unity, AAP senior leaders including legislator and leader of opposition H.S. Phoolka, attended the meeting.
A woman intruder from Pakistan was shot dead by BSF troopers in the early hours of Monday in Punjab`s frontier district of Gurdaspur, a senior officer said.
Pathankot terror attack martyr Kulwant Singh's younger brother and his wife were allegedly thrashed by a travel agent and his accomplices over a monetary dispute, prompting Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh to order strict action against the culprits.
Four alleged drug peddlers, including a woman, were arrested from different locations in Punjab's Moga district and 13 grams of heroin was seized from their possession, the police said today.
Police today raided a house in village Katiawali and recovered 23,000 litres of illicit liquor stored in drums.
Hardip Singh and his wife, Kulwinder Kaur, were beaten up outside a shop in an area falling under Bhaini Mian Khan Police Station on May 13.
A cross-border infiltration bid was successfully foiled by the Border Security Force (BSF) troops here, who gunned down a Pakistani intruder.
"India is going to open 40 new consulate sub-offices in countries where NRIs have settled in large numbers," the Anandpur Sahib MP said in a statement here.
The injured were rushed to hospitals in Rampura Phul and Bathinda, police said.
Vikas Garg, special secretary, health and family welfare has been posted as special secretary agriculture, an official spokesman said here.
The Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) declared the PSEB Result 2017, PSEB 12th Class Result 2017 on Saturday.
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh on Friday pushed for a consensual resolution of the SYL dispute by calling for coordination of the states with the Centre.
A woman, who had set herself on fire outside the office of an Akali councillor at Krishna Colony here last week, succumbed to her injuries at PGIMER Chandigarh where she was undergoing treatment.
In more trouble for Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), its former Punjab unit convenor Gurpreet Singh Ghuggi announced his decision to quit the party on Wednesday.
A congress worker was roughed by a group of men allegedly in an another case of political rivalry in Ludhiana district of Punjab.
Facing flak for its order directing female teachers not to wear "jeans, tops, and bright suits", the Punjab government on Tuesday withdrew the directive while suspending two employees of the education department in this regard.
The announcement had an immediate reaction with state AAP legislator Sukhpal Singh Khaira announcing his resignation from the posts of party chief whip and spokesman.
Shiromani Akali Dal president Sukhbir Singh Badal had taken a dig at Amarinder Singh for not being able to find time to visit Amritsar to offer prayers at the Golden Temple.
Chief Minister Amarinder Singh on Sunday announced jobs for the son and the daughter of JCO Paramjeet Singh, killed by Pakistani forces at the LoC recently, during a visit to the family's home here.
- Delhi: Man dies after being trapped in lift in Narela
- BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha praises Arvind Kejriwal on Twitter
- Revealed - The truth behind Rajiv Gandhi's assassination
- Indian Army destroys Pakistani military posts to prevent infiltration
- Rajnath Singh chairs meet on Kashmir situation
- Delhi: BSP leader, family murdered by business partner
- Yeddyurappa ate hotel food at Dalit's home, accused of practicing 'untouchability'
- Terrifying moment - Video shows girl grabbed, dragged into water by sea lion
- PM Modi's address at the annual general meet of African Development Bank
- Kolkata: Police fire tear gas, lathicharge to control Left agitators
- Political backing has increased the scope of operations on LoC: General Bikram Singh
- Manchester attack: At least 19 dead, dozens injured after blast at Ariana Grande concert
- I will continue to expose Kejriwal, says Kapil Mishra
- First high-speed Mumbai-Goa Tejas Express makes first trip today
- Arun Jaitley files additional Rs 10 cr defamation suit against Kejriwal
- Instead of tying stone pelter on army jeep tie Arundhati Roy, tweets BJP MP Paresh Rawal; sparks row
- Pakistani posts destroyed by Indian Army in Naushera sector - Watch Video
- Manchester terror attack: As it happened
- WATCH: The last Mitchell Johnson over that sealed MI's IPL 2017 final fate against RPS
- Megresults.nic.in, mbose.in SSLC 10th Results 2017 MOBSE: Meghalaya board Tura Class 10th (X) SSLC Results 2017 to be announced today soon
- manresults.nic.in Manipur Examination Result 2017 declared: Check Manipur Class 12th Results 2017 /COHSEM 12th Result
- Sea lion grabs girl, drags her into water - WATCH what happens next!
- Prabhas’ ‘Baahubali 2’ becomes highest grosser Hindi movie! Check out Box Office report
- Pakistan dismisses India's claim of action on Pak posts along LoC, says "don't brag"
- bseh.org.in; HBSE Result 2017, HBSE 10th Results 2017, Haryana Board 10th result 2017 declared
- Brave Major Leetul Gogoi, who tied Kashmir 'stone-pelter' to jeep, gets award from Indian Army Chief
- Virat Kohli, Anil Kumble demand 150% hike for Grade A players; move may not favour MS Dhoni
- Ram Jethmalani calls Arun Jaitley 'crook', Finance Minister files Rs 10 cr defamation suit against Arvind Kejriwal
- This VIDEO of Indian Army destroying Pakistani posts will swell your chest with pride! MUST WATCH
- cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in; CBSE 12th Result 2017, CBSE Class 12 Results 2017, CBSE Class XII Result likely to be declared today