Caught up in a water war with neighbouring Haryana, the Punjab government has sought a report on the water flowing from the state to Pakistan.
A wanted gangster involved in the sensational Nabha jailbreak in November 2016 has been arrested.
DGP Hardeep Dhillon, who is currently holding the charge of Internal Vigilance Cell (IVC) and Human Rights, has been given the additional charge of Welfare.
Navjot Singh Sidhu made the announcement on Sunday following his visit to the Othian village where wheat crop spread over 300 acres was destroyed in a devastating fire.
Gurdaspur: Punjab minister Navjot Singh Sidhu today suspended a sub-divisional officer of water supply and sewerage board here on charges of dereliction of duty.
Canada's Indian-origin Defence Minister Harjit Singh Sajjan was on Thursday accorded a warm reception at his ancestral village of Bambeli, 15 km from here.
Harjit Singh Sajjan is a Sikh whose native village, Bambeli, falls in Hoshiarpur district of Punjab.
Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh on Wednesday said that english should be taught at primary level along with Punjabi as the main language in government schools to help their students compete with those studying in private schools.
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh on Wednesday ordered a crackdown on illegal sex determination centres in Punjab.
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh last week called Canadian Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan a "Khalistani sympathiser".
The Punjab government on Saturday announced the setting up of an Expert Group to assess the quantum of agricultural debt and suggests ways and means for its waiver.
Terming it as "inconclusive", the Punjab government on Friday rejected the report of the Justice Zora Singh Commission and ordered a fresh Commission of Inquiry, headed by Justice (retd) Ranjit Singh to investigate all cases of sacrilege in the state.
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh on Friday banned the inclusion of names of government functionaries on foundation stones and inaugural plaques.
Punjab Congress today asked Canadian Defence Minister Harjit Singh Sajjan to clarify his stand on Khalistan, a day after Chief Minister Amarinder Singh said he would not meet him as he is a "Khalistani sympathiser".
Attari-Wagah joint check post on Indo-Pak border witnessed a lively and colourful Thursday evening as hundreds of people gathered on the Indian side of the border for the annual harvest festival celebrations of Baisakhi.
Amarinder Singh's poll campaign in Canada was stalled last year in the run-up to the Punjab Assembly Elections.
Former Union minister M Veerappa Moily on Wednesday found himself isolated in the Congress over his remark that going back to ballot paper would be a regressive step.
A day after Chandigarh Police booked 66 students on sedition charges after violence on the Panjab University campus here over fee hike, university authorities on Wednesday sought the dropping of the serious charge.
In a major set back to the investors of Tata Camelot Housing project, Delhi High Court on Wednesday held that the project cannot be allowed as it was well within the catchment area of Sukhna Lake in Chandigarh.
Around 50 people, including students, police personnel and even journalists, were injured as students, protesting a massive fee hike for various courses, clashed with police on the Punjab University campus here on Tuesday.
Six 'birs' of the Guru Granth Sahib were found partially burnt at a gurudwara in a village in Muktsar after a plastic fan kept close to them caught fire.
26-year-old Vikram was shot dead allegedly by two masked armed robbers at a convenience store of a gas station on April 6.
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh on Saturday said he is committed to farm loan waiver and his government would soon find ways and means to bail out the debt-ridden farmers-- with or without the Centre's aid.
Winners saw their average vote share decline by as much as 8 per cent in the recently concluded assembly polls in Goa and Punjab, compared to the 2012 elections, says a report.
Three school children and the driver of their school bus were killed on Friday morning when a speeding jeep collided head-on with their vehicle in Hoshiarpur district of Punjab, police said.
The central government has released an amount of Rs 17,994.21 crore towards Cash Credit Limit (CCL) for Punjab's Rabi (wheat) procurement, a state government spokesman said here on Thursday.
Sarwan Singh Phillaur was the Jails Minister in the previous Shiromani Akali Dal-BJP government.
With the apex court banning the sale of liquor within 500 metres of highways, the affected hotel, bar and restaurant owners in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh are pinning hopes on the respective state governments to save their trade.
The issue of liquor being sold on national and state highways was first brought to the Supreme Court's notice by this Chandigarh-based man.
- MCD Election Results 2017: BJP wins big, thanks Delhiites for faith in party
- Chhattisgarh: 25 CRPF soldiers martyred in Naxal attack in Sukma
- Delhi MCD Election Results 2017: Confident of BJP's win in civic polls, says Manoj Tiwari
- Discussion - The big issues of Delhi MCD elections 2017
- It's people's mandate, accept it gracefully: Sheila Dikshit on MCD election results
- Ground report: How Naxals attacked CRPF battallion in Sukma!
- Kashmir violence: Students boycott classes, throw stones on security forces
- MCD Election Results 2017: Role of Muslims in BJP's victory in Delhi
- Reason behind AAP losing MCD elections - Watch
- Watch: Triple talaq victim, national-level player Shumaila tells her harrowing tale to Zee News
- DNA: Comparison between Army and CRPF's preparation for different operations
- Anna Hazare slams Arvind Kejriwal, says there's difference between his action and words
- MCD Election Results 2017: BJP headed for landslide win in Delhi
- Rajiv Rai Bhatnagar appointed new DG CRPF
- Exclusive: CRPF DIG reveals how soldiers are trained rigorously to fight against Naxals
- Check bse.odisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic; Odisha BSE HSC Class 10 Results 2017, BSE Odisha Results 2017, Odisha Matric Results 2017 declared
- MCD election results 2017: As it happened
- Baba Ramdev says 'I am safe and healthy, don't believe in any rumours'
- MCD polls: 34 MLAs want Arvind Kejriwal's resignation as Delhi CM if AAP loses?
- Arvind Kejriwal threatens to launch 'movement` if MCD exit poll results, predicting BJP victory, come true
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Amla juice found unsafe; Armed forces' stores suspend sale
- HPBOSE 12th Result 2017, HP Board 12th Result 2017, Himachal Pradesh Class 12 Results 2017 expected to be announced today; check hpbose.org
- Why should I remove it, Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah on red beacon
- BJP wins NDMC Election by bagging 65 seats; AAP gets 22, Congress 13
- Harbhajan Singh accuses Jet Airways pilot of racism; airline apologises, derosters accused
- Spat between world's heaviest woman Eman's kin & doctors gets murkier, mother releases new video
- Bandh in Tamil Nadu today in support of drought-hit farmers; DMK, Congress back shutdown
- Monkey fever claims woman's life in Goa - What you need to know about this condition
- IPL 10: AB de Villiers' heartfelt message to RCB ahead of SRH clash - Watch Video
- 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' frenzy – Planning to book tickets? You might have to go through all this