A woman intruder from Pakistan was shot dead by BSF troopers in the early hours of Monday in Punjab`s frontier district of Gurdaspur, a senior officer said.
Pathankot terror attack martyr Kulwant Singh's younger brother and his wife were allegedly thrashed by a travel agent and his accomplices over a monetary dispute, prompting Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh to order strict action against the culprits.
Four alleged drug peddlers, including a woman, were arrested from different locations in Punjab's Moga district and 13 grams of heroin was seized from their possession, the police said today.
Police today raided a house in village Katiawali and recovered 23,000 litres of illicit liquor stored in drums.
Hardip Singh and his wife, Kulwinder Kaur, were beaten up outside a shop in an area falling under Bhaini Mian Khan Police Station on May 13.
A cross-border infiltration bid was successfully foiled by the Border Security Force (BSF) troops here, who gunned down a Pakistani intruder.
"India is going to open 40 new consulate sub-offices in countries where NRIs have settled in large numbers," the Anandpur Sahib MP said in a statement here.
The injured were rushed to hospitals in Rampura Phul and Bathinda, police said.
Vikas Garg, special secretary, health and family welfare has been posted as special secretary agriculture, an official spokesman said here.
The Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) declared the PSEB Result 2017, PSEB 12th Class Result 2017 on Saturday.
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh on Friday pushed for a consensual resolution of the SYL dispute by calling for coordination of the states with the Centre.
A woman, who had set herself on fire outside the office of an Akali councillor at Krishna Colony here last week, succumbed to her injuries at PGIMER Chandigarh where she was undergoing treatment.
In more trouble for Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), its former Punjab unit convenor Gurpreet Singh Ghuggi announced his decision to quit the party on Wednesday.
A congress worker was roughed by a group of men allegedly in an another case of political rivalry in Ludhiana district of Punjab.
Facing flak for its order directing female teachers not to wear "jeans, tops, and bright suits", the Punjab government on Tuesday withdrew the directive while suspending two employees of the education department in this regard.
The announcement had an immediate reaction with state AAP legislator Sukhpal Singh Khaira announcing his resignation from the posts of party chief whip and spokesman.
Shiromani Akali Dal president Sukhbir Singh Badal had taken a dig at Amarinder Singh for not being able to find time to visit Amritsar to offer prayers at the Golden Temple.
Chief Minister Amarinder Singh on Sunday announced jobs for the son and the daughter of JCO Paramjeet Singh, killed by Pakistani forces at the LoC recently, during a visit to the family's home here.
Several people were left injured in a clash that took place between two rival groups in Ludhiana district of Punjab on Saturday.
Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh on Thursday said Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi had the potential to become the Prime Minister of the country.
As part of its restructuring, the Congress on Thursday initiated changes in some state units appointing new presidents for Uttarakhand and Punjab, and a general secretary in-charge for Rajasthan.
A high alert has been sounded in Punjab's Pathankot district after two suspicious bags were spotted near military base, said reports on Thursday.
A massive search operation has been launched by the Punjab Police to track down three persons who have gone missing after abandoning a robbed SUV at a village here.
The Punjab Police along with other security agencies began a massive search operation in some areas of Pathankot and Gurdaspur districts on Wednesday after four to six suspicious men were sighted in the area.
Paramjit Kaur, the wife of late Subedar Paramjit Singh, on Tuesday demanded the Indian government to bring her husband's severed head only then he will be cremated.
The new Congress president should be appointed through consensus, Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh said on Sunday.
A major fire broke out at a yarn factory in Gopal Nagar locality of Basti Jodhewal here on Saturday, officials said.
The Supreme Court today said it was not averse to talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Chief Ministers of Punjab and Haryana to resolve Satluj-Yamuna Link canal issue but dignity of the court and the verdict should be "considered and respected".
The BJP's Punjab unit has extended support to the Amarinder Singh government on the critical Sutlej Yamuna Link canal issue, as well as other significant matters in Punjab.
- Track repair was being carried out without station master's permission - Watch report
- Watch: First official briefing after Muzaffarnagar train accident
- Can Indian trains provide safer journeys to passengers in future?
- President Ram Nath Kovind presents National Flag to Ladakh's Scout Battalion
- SC grants bail to Lt Col Purohit in Malegaon blast case
- PM Modi meets 13 Chief Ministers of BJP governed states
- Chandigarh roads flood with monsoon water, 112 mm rains in 3 hours
- Public, private sector should work together in healthcare sector, says FM Arun Jaitley
- Mira Bhayandar Municipal Corporation (MBMC) poll results 2017: As it happened
- Solar Eclipse 2017: Will Surya Grahan be visible in India?
- WATCH: Lightning quick MS Dhoni produces yet another impressive stumping, sends Lasith Malinga packing
- Survival is a distant dream for Assam man who has to go through life with 59-inch stomach
- This man’s funny pose and hilarious Twitter reactions will leave you in splits
- Beijing is back with a new anti-India video, wants to 'strengthen trust and manage disputes'
- Total solar eclipse all set to woo sky gazers tonight: All you need to know!
- AIADMK merger: As it happened
- Toilet: Ek Prem Katha – Akshay Kumar starrer packs a solid punch at the Box Office
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Here's what happened when Archana Puran Singh replaced Navjot Singh Sidhu
- Doklam standoff will not result in India-China war, says government
- Defence firms eye billion-dollar chance for 'Made in India'
- Doctor's attempt to inject hospital superintendent with HIV+ blood over personal grudge foiled
- WATCH: Jinder Mahal survives nasty crash to defend WWE Championship title
- PM Narendra Modi's austerity drive for ministers, asks them to avoid 5-star hotels, PSUs vehicles