Newly inducted Punjab Cabinet Minister Manpreet Singh Badal today said priority of the Amarinder Singh-led Congress government will be to restore the "lost glory" of the state.
“No point in creating multiple power centers in Punjab,” says Amarinder.
After steering the Congress to a stupendous victory, Captain Amarinder Singh was sworn in as the Punjab Chief Minister on Thursday.
A massive search operation continued in and around the Pathankot airbase for the second day on Wednesday following intelligence inputs about suspected anti-national elements in the area, police said.
Top Congress leaders, including party Vice President Rahul Gandhi and former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, are expected to attend the swearing-in of Amarinder Singh as Punjab Chief Minister here on Thursday.
A LEAKED VIDEO of AAP is crashing the internet!
Senior AAP leader HS Phoolka was on Wednesday elected the Leader of the Opposition in the Punjab assembly.
Union Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal today advised Arvind Kejriwal to go for 'vipassana' instead of casting aspersions on the reliability of EVMs.
Amritsar is just 40 km from the border with Pakistan.
The Pathankot airbase was on Tuesday put on high alert following inputs about some "suspicious activities", a police official said.
Stating that Punjab was in financial doldrums, Chief Minister-designate Amarinder Singh today decided to go in for a simple swearing-in ceremony as an austerity measure.
Despite renewed chill in the weather due to rain in the past week and snowfall in neighbouring Himachal Pradesh, there was no let-up in the Holi festive spirit on Monday in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh.
Amarinder Singh on Sunday called for a "bigger role" for regional leaders.
Punjab Governor V.P. Singh Badnore on Sunday dissolved the Punjab assembly following a resolution passed by the outgoing state cabinet.
A day after he led the Congress to a sweeping victory in the Punjab assembly polls, state Congress president Amarinder Singh on Sunday called for a "bigger role" for regional leaders.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) won 20 seats in the Punjab assembly, came second in 26 constituencies while over two dozen AAP candidates lost their security deposit.
Captain Amarinder Singh is all set to take oath as the Chief Minister of Punjab on March 16.
Captain Amarinder Singh, who is all set to take over as the Chief Minister after the Congress` splendid win in Punjab, today said that his government would not indulge in vendetta politics.
The AAP's loss in Punjab and Goa is a major setback for the young party's national ambitions and it will now have to start all over again from Delhi to stay relevant in future elections, experts say.
It was a battlefield of a different kind where a former Army Captain defeated a former Army General.
Almost after a decade, the Congress party on Saturday swept back to power in Punjab with veteran party leader Amarinder Singh all set to return as Chief Minister of the state.
At least 10 sitting Ministers in the outgoing Akali Dal-BJP Punjab government lost their seats in the assembly elections.
Congress-led by Captain Amarinder Singh has emerged as the big winner in Punjab Assembly Elections.
Congress was heading towards forming the government in Punjab. With his party receiving a drubbing, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal said he would be submitting his resignation to the Governor on Sunday.
Prakash Singh Badal, will battle out for his seat as poll counting has begun to elect the MLA from Lambi in the 2017 Punjab elections. Here are the live updates:-
Counting of votes in Punjab Assembly Polls 2017 began on Saturday. Counting of Votes at Jalalabad constituency is underway where Sukhbir Singh Badal is contesting on SAD-BJP ticket. Here are the live updates:-
Punjab Congress Chief Amarinder Singh is battling the Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on his home turf as counting for selecting MLA of Lambi in the Punjab Assembly Polls 2017 began on Saturday. Here are the live updates:-
Punjab's oldest district Patiala participated with zeal in Punjab assembly elections 2017. The city of Jalandhar is divided into two constituencies namely Patiala and Patiala (Rural).
Punjab's cotton producing belt Bathinda district participated with zeal in Punjab assembly elections 2017. The city of Bathinda is divided into two constituencies namely Bathinda Rural (SC) and Bathinda Urban.
The counting process for Punjab Assembly elections 2017 began on Saturday morning. The counting to elect Majitha MLA is underway. Here are all the LIVE updates:-
- Will launch 'shuttle diplomacy' for Pakistan, Afghanistan: China
- JD(U) was far 'more comfortable' with BJP: KC Tyagi
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- DNA: PM Narendra Modi addresses Indian community in Netherlands
- US confirms sale of predator Guardian drones to India
- Watch! Here are 20 key points of Modi-Trump meet
- DNA: Know why China is worried about India-US friendship
- China blocks Kailash Mansarovar yatra entry via Nathu La
- Exclusive: In conversation with Arun Jaitley, Finance Minister
- Presidential Election: Meira Kumar thanks Opposition parties for support
- Yogi Adityanath completes 100 days as Uttar Pradesh CM
- Indo-US drone deal cleared: Will it give India an edge over China, Pakistan?
- DNA: US designates Pak-based Hizbul chief Syed Salahuddin as global terrorist
- DNA: Know the importance of cinnamon in fighting obesity, diabetes
- Cabinet approves disinvestment of Air India: Arun Jaitley
- Union Cabinet approves recommendations of 7th Pay Commission on allowances
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- WATCH: MS Dhoni turns 'bat saving mode' on as rain comes pouring at Port of Spain in 1st IND vs WI ODI
- Saw Byculla Jail officials mercilessly thrashing woman prisoner, Indrani Mukerjea tells Mumbai court
- Azam Khan's another shocker: `Lady terrorists chopped off parts of Indian Army soldiers to take revenge for rape` - Watch
- Dutch PM's Hindi tweet to Narendra Modi has evoked funny reactions on Twitter – know why
- JD(U) slams Congress for 'unwarranted' attack on Nitish Kumar, calls BJP 'natural ally'
- India's 6th 'eye in the sky', ISRO's Cartosat -2 series satellite, sends first images back to Earth
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to take up proposal on allowances today, will govt employees get HRA higher than Mathur panel?
- 'India-US alliance to check China's rise will be catastrophic'
- Sachin Tendulkar steps in to convince 'apprehensive' Ravi Shastri for India coach job: Report
- 'Pakistan banks sent funds to UAE to finance 9/11, 26/11 terror attacks'
- Rahul Dravid to end his association with the Indian Premier League: Report
- Meghalaya woman, donning khasi attire, asked to leave Delhi Golf Club for wearing 'maid's dress'