Five people killed, three admitted due to food poisoning in Rajasthan

At least five people died and three others fell unconscious after eating halwa during an event in the Chavandia village in Rajasthan.

Five people killed, three admitted due to food poisoning in Rajasthan

Bhilwara: At least five people were killed and three others were admitted to a hospital in a critical condition due to food poisoning in Rajasthan's Bhutela town on Friday.

According to ANI, five people died and three others fell unconscious after eating halwa (sweet confections) during an event in the Chavandia village.

The deceased are yet to be identified, while the others have been admitted to Bhilwara's District Hospital where they are being treated.

Gangapur, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Govardhan Lal said, "A halwa was made on the arrival of guests from Chavandia village. Initially, all fell sick and followed with the death of five-year-old, Balur Manur."

"Currently, the number of deaths has increased to five," he added.

A case has been registered and the matter is being investigated.

More details are awaited.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close