France Wednesday unveiled a list of companies which will sponsor the year-end UN climate talks in Paris, sparking accusations of corporate "greenwashing" from campaigners.
Thanks to the Montreal Protocol, the ozone layer is in much better shape now than it would have been without the United Nations (UN) treaty, a new study says.
Taxi operators on Wednesday rushed to the National Green Tribunal seeking reconsideration of its directions limiting the entry of all diesel and petrol tourist vehicles in Himachal Pradesh's Rohtang Pass till August 14 to 1,000 per day.
Don't use universality and shared responsibilities for the environment as pretexts to kick away the ladder of development for the poor or to avoid responsibility for the global ecological havoc, India told the developed nations Tuesday in a telling message.
Over 70 percent of the glacier volume in the Mount Everest region in the Himalayas could be lost in 85 years if greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise, a new paper suggests.
The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has banned civic garbage burning in the holy town of Vrindavan in Uttar Pradesh.
The National Green Tribunal Tuesday allowed the closed down tanneries situated on the banks of river Ganga at Kanpur to operate on a trial basis for 19 days in June during which their effluent levels will be checked by a team of experts.
Despite "extremely complex" issues, the political mood for reaching a global climate deal this year is stronger than ever, says French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius.
The Ganga-Bramhaputra Basin together store around 960 cubic km of water, researchers have claimed in a first of its kind study after mapping the rivers, and said it will help understand signatures of droughts and floods to better manage water resources in the region.
The Centre will launch Urban Forest Programme on June 5 under which saplings will be planted across the country with the participation of people.
A new study has brought panther chameleon into limelight in Madagascar which is actually composed of eleven different species.
When it comes to protecting coral reefs from rising seawater temperature, climate engineering could be a better method than conventional carbon dioxide (CO2) mitigation strategies, new research says.
Bad weather has caused the organizers of Solar Impulse 2, an airplane powered solely by alternative energy, to postpone on Tuesday the seventh leg of its round-the-world journey, during which it has to cover most of the Pacific Ocean, Efe news agency reported.
The Supreme Court Tuesday refused to stay the operation of NGT directions limiting the entry of all diesel and petrol tourist vehicles in Rohtang Pass in Himachal Pradesh till August 14 to 1,000 per day.
In a dramatic 'bird versus tiger' brawl, a red-crowned crane was seen fearlessly fighting off against two attacking tigers at a zoo in China.
As many as 48 tigers have been found to be inhabiting outside the protected areas in forests of Chandrapur district in Maharashtra, taking their number to 120 in the zone which is home to Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve (TATR).
Indian railway has informed the National Green Tribunal that it will not be possible to provide 'Roll-On, Roll-Off' (RO-RO) services with the existing infrastructure and it is not feasible in Delhi as almost the entire rail network in the region is electrified.
The Wolf volcano is erupting on Isabela Island in the Galapagos Islands, home to the world's only population of pink land iguanas, the management of Galapagos National Park said.
Terming the reduced water level in Yamuna as the "main" concern, Union Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti Monday said the government wants to develop it in a way that farmers get adequate water for irrigation while continuous flow in the river is maintained.
The National Green Tribunal Monday asked Centre to learn from China in curbing vehicular pollution in the Delhi-NCR, as it extended till July 13 the stay on its order banning plying of over 10-year-old diesel motor vehicles.
UN chief Ban Ki-Moon Monday called for "global action" this year to limit climate change as international weather experts began a quadrennial congress in Geneva.
Lambasting civic bodies for not cleaning drains in the national capital, National Green Tribunal (NGT) Monday warned Delhi chief secretary and the senior-most civic officials of coercive action like attachment of salary if they do not comply with its order on the matter.
Over 90 important reservoirs in the country have equalled the water storage levels of the corresponding period of last year, the Water Resources Ministry Monday said.
Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) said on Monday it has so far translocated 14 black rhinos from two national parks to boost populations of the iconic species.
Around 12 states are expected to launch online platform for green clearances by next month to ensure transparency and faster approval of projects, a top Environment Ministry official said.
A rare pure white sparrow has been spotted in Australia, leaving ornithologists all aflutter on Monday.
Just like humans, birds too can choose the best quality peanuts without even opening their shells, says a recent research.
Japanese regulatory authorities and the Tokyo Electric Power Company (Tepco), owner of the Fukushima nuclear plant, failed to implement adequate safeguards at the plant before the 2011 tsunami despite being aware of the risks, the International Atomic Energy Agency has said.
A 50-year-old man was mauled by a tiger in Kurai forest area near here Monday.
A sudden increase in ice loss in a previously stable region of Antarctica is causing small changes in the gravity field of the Earth, says a team of scientists.
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28