Japan annaounces its plan to increase aid for new climate framework ahead of the UN climate conference in Paris next week.
Based on data for the first 10 months of the year, 2015 will be the warmest year on record, says the World Meteorological Organization.
Park employees spotted a first wolf in 2013, but the animal was just passing through.
Pope Francis said the world was facing a "grave environmental crisis" as he arrived in Kenya today on a landmark Africa trip just days before a crucial UN summit aimed at curbing climate change.
The year 2015 is shaping up to be the hottest on record, the UN's weather agency said today, a week ahead of a crucial climate change summit in Paris.
Leaders from 195 countries are meeting in Paris later this month, seeking to achieve a legally binding and universal agreement on climate.
The United Nations Climate Change Conference, widely known as Conference of Parties (CoP 21), will take place from November 30 to December 11 in Paris.
Climate change means more droughts, floods, heatwaves and other severe weather conditions.
Scientists have warned of high air pollution levels in Delhi in the coming days.
Countries do not agree how often reviews should be done, or whether there should be an obligation to automatically ramp up efforts.
The plan will be presented at COP21, the 12-day UN climate summit that opens Monday in Paris.
Fearing the consequences of climate change, the UN children's agency has warned that nearly 690 million of the world's 2.3 billion children living in areas most exposed to climate change face higher rates of death, poverty and disease from global warming.
India has made it clear to the West that it will be firm in its negotiations on climate change but will not be cowed down by aggressive postures taken by anyone, including the United States.
Anguished over the way in which its order to transplant trees to widen a South Delhi road was being implemented, the National Green Tribunal today held officials of the Public Works Department and other agencies responsible and warned of deducting their salaries.
A total 147 heads of state and government so far will attend a climate summit due to start in Paris next week, the French government said today.
The five countries hit by the highest number of disasters are the US, China, India, the Philippines, and Indonesia.
The Environment Ministry is in receipt of information about delay in processing of cases at the level of SEIAA and SEAC.
The scientits performed the research at the Zallah Oasis, a promising site for unearthing fossils from the Oligocene period, roughly 30 million years ago.
The stunning image was captured by the Visible Infrared Imaging Radiometer Suite (VIIRS) instrument aboard NASA-NOAA's Suomi NPP satellite on November 16, 2015.
The current level in Delhi triggers emergency measures, such as shutting down schools.
The most urgent task is for world governments to agree on curbing greenhouse gas emissions.
Preoccupied by the global terror threat, heads of state and government will have their work cut out for them at the 12-day climate summit.
The cleaning of solid waste like clothes, parts of dead bodies from the surface of the mainstream of Ganga will begin in January next year, the Centre said today.
Still reeling from the worst terrorist attacks in French history, Paris will host nearly 140 world leaders gathering next week to spearhead a climate pact tasked with keeping Earth liveable for humanity.
Perturbed over the "miserable condition" existing on railway platforms in the national capital, the National Green Tribunal today appointed a local commissioner to inspect the New Delhi Railway Station.
Antarctic penguins live in a bitterly cold place, where the air temperature can drop to -40 degrees Celsius and the winds can hurtle at speeds of 40 meters per second.
As many as 40 per cent of the dead animals were males and 60 per cent were females, the figures released by Thrissur based Heritage Animal Task Force said.
Ramganga is one of the major tributaries of river Ganga which originates from Uttarakhand.
Patrolling has been intensified in areas under Gupteswar forest range in Odisha's Koraput district to prevent timber smuggling.
Abrupt ocean warming at the end of the last ice age was linked to the sudden onset of low-oxygen, hypoxic, conditions that led to vast marine dead zones in the North Pacific, new research has found.
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark- Part 2
- DNA: List of World's 'most racially intolerant' countries
- DNA: Reality check on how Muslims are treated around the world
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- Exclusive sneak peek into Russia's high-tech war room!
- DNA: 12 years on, Nadimarg Kashmiri Pandits massacre still rankles
- Why did Aamir Khan talk about 'intolerance' before Parliament Session?
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- India is a great country but it has a lot to learn from Singapore: PM Modi
- BJP's Kailash Vijayvargiya verbally attacks Aamir Khan
- RJD-JD(U) legislators forcibly occupy govt bungalows in Bihar
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- 3rd Test: India vs South Africa - Preview
- Swaragini: Swara kidnaps Ragini for ruining her image?
- BJP slams Aamir Khan, says no other country better than India for Muslims
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Isolated incidents can’t be taken as sign of intolerance, tweets Ram Gopal Varma
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan faces backlash on Twitter
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split