Affirming support to Odisha in tackling climate change, the UK today said the Climate Change Innovation Programme (CCPI) taken up in six Indian states under a 12 million pound technical assistance would ensure low-carbon and climate resilient development in the state.
Keen to be part of 'Clean Ganga' initiative, Germany has offered to rejuvenate a segment of the river in Uttarakhand by using technology it had employed to clean the Rhine, considered one of the most important waterways in Europe.
Scientists have discovered a small 'hitchhiking' coral reef crustacean species in Indonesia, and named it after English composer and singer Sir Elton John.
A US biologist has spotted a rare species of nautiluses, the small, distant cousins of squid and cuttlefish, after a gap of 30 years.
The presence of vegetation in urban areas - along the roads, in the parks and in your neighbourhood - can limit city heat effect to a great extent, says a NASA study.
Nagaland's Principal Chief Conservator of Forests and Head of Forest Force (PCCF & HoFF), M Lokeswara Rao, on Wednesday received the first Tigerland India Biodiversity Conservation Award.
Sea levels worldwide are rising faster than predicted as a result of climate change, according to NASA scientists.
Rajasthan government has decided to undertake water conservation programme using rain-water harvesting techniques for villages reeling under drinking water shortage.
The success of Delhi Metro Rail project is likely to be the model for cleaning up the Yamuna river in the national capital, where the central and Delhi governments would join hands to make the polluted river into a hub of tourism and navigation, and provide clean drinking to the residents.
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said today that countries must "accelerate the rhythm of negotiations" on capping global warming ahead of an international climate conference in Paris in December.
The central and Delhi governments on Wednesday agreed to jointly work to clean the Yamuna river, Delhi's Water Minister Kapil Mishra said.
The World Coconut Day-2015, themed 'Coconut for Family Nutrition, Health and Wellness', will be celebrated in the city on September 2.
A man was arrested with 113 rare tortoises while they were being smuggled to West Bengal from Jarwal road area here, police said Wednesday.
Metal poisoning caused the malformation observed in fossil remains of marine plankton from the late Silurian (415 million years ago) and may have contributed to their extinction and that of many other species, new research suggests.
Aged bears that spent most of their lives constrained behind rusty cages took their first steps of freedom after a Colorado prairie sanctuary and PETA stepped forward to rid them of their plight.
Leading share bourse National Stock Exchange (NSE) became India`s first stock exchange to invest in wind power with a 6.25 MW project, said Suzlon Group on Tuesday.
Looking at the chimpanzee population in Uganda, researchers have found that our primate cousins can survive even in human-dominated habitats and not just in national parks and other protected areas, a new study says.
To track the movement of tigers and encroachers in protected forest areas, a drone would soon be flying in the Sundarban delta.
In a first, a unique remotely piloted aircraft from NASA is set to take off this week to improve track and intensity forecasts of hurricanes as part of the new generation weather forecast observations tools.
The US space agency NASA has released a new satellite image that shows bits and pieces of ice floating about in the Greenland Sea.
The twin cubs born to the Smithsonian National Zoo's giant panda Mei Xiang were said on Monday to be "doing well" after a night that had zoo keepers on edge.
There are calls for a review of crocodile management in the Kimberley region of Australia with some locals saying culling needs to be done around towns before there is another fatality, the media reported on Monday.
The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has approved a proposed master plan to develop 50 solar cities, including three in the national capital region.
Madhya Pradesh will house world's largest 750 Mega Watts(MW) solar power station in Rewa district, state's energy minister Rajendra Shukla said today.
Voicing concern over the looming threat to the flora and fauna due to operation of helicopters in the eco-sensitive zone at Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary in Uttarakhand, an NGO has approached the National Green Tribunal seeking closure of such services.
Just as it did at the close of the last Ice Age 11,000 years ago, rise in greenhouse gases will eradicate many of the world's glaciers by the end of the century, warns a new study.
Forest cover in the national capital increased from six per cent in 1999 to 20.8 percent in 2013 mainly due to plantation activity carried out in non-forest areas, the city government has told the Delhi High Court.
The US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has released a high-resolution satellite image of Typhoon Ineng which is almost the size of the entire island of Luzon, Philippines.
Greenhouse gases were the driving force behind global glacier retreat at the end of the last Ice Age, echoing current climate change, according to a study published today.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today said the targets of reducing greenhouse gases will remain difficult dreams in the absence of affordable technology and adequate finance as he made a strong pitch for concrete and effective outcome at the upcoming global conference on climate change.
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Media bigwig Indrani Mukerjea held for sister's murder
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Mumbai Police admits 'Sheena Vohra murder case is resolved'
- Quota row: Hardik Patel calls for Gujarat bandh
- Odisha: Three jawans killed in Maoist ambush in Malkangiri
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sanjay Dutt gets 30-day parole for daughter's surgery
- DNA: Why do the 'affluent' Patel community want reservation?
- Sheena Bora murder: The story till now
- Quota row: Patel agitation turns violent, clashes in Ahmedabad & Surat
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Video of Hizbul Mujahideen militant threatening cops surfaces in Srinagar
- Five reasons to watch Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’
- This is how India plans to tackle Dawood Ibrahim and Hafiz Saeed
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief
- Pakistani hunk Fawad Khan to play homosexual on screen?
- Revealed! How Indrani Mukherjea murdered daughter Sheena Bora
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Murdered Sheena Bora was Indrani Mukherjea's daughter, not sister!