The National Green Tribunal has pulled up Numaligarh Refinery Limited for cutting trees to construct a boundary wall for a golf course in the 'No- Development Zone' in Kaziranga National Park in Assam, saying its forest clearance was an "abuse of law".
India has said it would reduce carbon emissions relative to its GDP by 33 per cent to 35 per cent from 2005 levels by 2030.
The Delhi government told the court that it would issue a notification in this regard after a formal order was passed by the apex court.
Gangetic river dolphins are an endangered species and in order to preserve them, Bengal will soon acquire the country's first community reserve for the mammal.
China to build charging stations by 2020 to power electric cars.
The green panel also pulled up Gorakhpur Divisional Commissioner for not appearing before the bench despite the orders of the Tribunal.
Researchers found that male chimpanzees showed higher object manipulation rates than females.
The Antarctic ozone hole, located above the South Pole, expands during every Southern Hemisphere Antarctic spring.
Coral reefs will be subjected to stressful environment conditions due to the third global bleaching event driven by the change in climatic conditions.
The Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) on Wednesday said the climate action plan of the US was "unambitious and inequitous" as the country was not doing "anything extra" for climate change.
India does not need to shoulder the responsibility of carbon cuts going by the "polluters pay" principal, but has respect for environment and is doing its share, Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy Minister Piyush Goyal said on Wednesday.
National Green Tribunal directed all commercial vehicles entering Delhi to pay environmental compensation charge in addition to the toll tax.
Swedish government aims to become one of the world’s first nations to end its dependence on fossil fuels.
A Madras High Court bench here has closed a public interest litigation seeking a ban on keeping elephants in captivity in temples and houses after the state government submitted that the Supreme Court was seized of the matter.
Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar said on Tuesday that the government would come out with a new ranking system based on the performance of NGOs working in the field of environment, an official statement said.
Challenging MCD data on commercial vehicles entering the capital each day, a CSE study released on Tuesday said the civic body's figures were 70 percent less than the actual and could lead to gross underestimation of pollution level and weaken action to combat it.
The scientists caught the five specimens in overnight traps in the jungles and are yet to observe the live animal.
China has 428 natural reserves, covering over 96 million hectares. The population of endangered and rare species, such as golden monkeys, Asian elephants and dawn redwood trees, have been growing in these areas.
The green panel said it intended to take the issue of rejuvenation of Ganga stage-wise to clean up the 2,500 km stretch of the river spanning several northern and eastern states.
Livelihood of people depending on Karuvelam trees are more important and has to be considered.
CSE alleged that trucks were running on outdated technology, spewing "more smoke" to leave Delhi choked.
Ziro Butterfly Meet has been started as a part of its initiative to create awareness among the local people about the rich biodiversity of the place and the need to conserve them.
The northeastern state of Arunachal Pradesh has launched a programme on conservation of the endangered Eastern Hoolock Gibbon.
A ‘sneezing’ monkey are among more than two hundred new species discovered in Eastern Himalayas.
For the first time since the Chernobyl accident, researchers have long-term census data that reveal thriving wildlife populations in the zone.
Scientists did a research to better understand how big volcanic eruptions, which can trigger a shortage of rainfall, can impact rivers.
HL Dattu, the Chief Justice of India said that his grandson wears a mask because of alarming pollution levels in Delhi.
Cacti are crucial links in the food chains of many animals, including humans.
The 20-page document published today is set to be "the basis for negotiation", the UN stressed in a written statement.
India and Germany acknowledged that climate change responses and solutions generate new opportunities and co-benefits by creating jobs, spurring economic development and improving air quality.
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali's concert canceled following threats from Shiv Sena
- Watch: Fast N Facts
- Dadri lynching was a pre-planned conspiracy: Mulayam Singh
- Indian Air Force celebrates 83rd foundation day
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Compulsion to be Hindu in order to attend Garba festival?
- Bihar polls: PM Modi addresses rally in Munger
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Will look beyond India if blockade doesn't end: Nepal
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Ghulam Ali 'very hurt' with Mumbai concert cancellation, gets Delhi govt's invite for show
- 'If Rashid holds 1000 beef parties, we will thrash him thousand times'
- Bizarre! Saudi man sexually assaults maid, wife faces jail
- Russian warships fire cruise missiles as Moscow backs Syrian offensive
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Pakistan invokes Muslim Ummah to express concern over 'beef lynching' in Dadri
- 3rd T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for