South Delhi residents today moved the National Green Tribunal against the increasing commercial activities and encroachment in the "green belt" located along the Mehrauli Badarpur Highway in Saket.
Expressing concern over the recent spate of poaching of elephants in southern India, a global wildlife monitoring network has said organised inter-state poaching gangs were behind the killings of tuskers in the forests of Western Ghats.
Mount McKinley, the tallest of North America's mountains, is officially being renamed Denali, the White House has said, on the eve of President Barack Obama's historic visit to Alaska.
China has captured and released into the wild a black bear which had crossed over from Russia and caused a stir in a border town in the country's northeast Heilongjiang Province.
The National Green Tribunal has directed the Centre and various stakeholders to file their submissions on a proposal that there should be a complete prohibition on the use of plastic packaging in food and pharmaceutical formulations of any kind.
The Kerala Forest Department has warned of strong action against any kind of cruelty towards captive jumbos, in view of a recent Supreme Court order pointing out the need to curb cruelty toward elephants in the state.
More extensive and severe wildfires and a myriad other threats, including diseases and longer, more severe and hotter droughts are threatening to transform some of the world's temperate forests, a study says.
As the reality of global warming starts to hit home, people may ask: "How will it affect my livelihood?"
The National Zoo's panda parents, Mei Xiang and Tian Tian, have another son.
Rising temperatures due to climate change will increase the spread of deadly vector-borne diseases like malaria and dengue especially in the Himalayan region, experts said here on Friday while emphasising there was an urgent need to "strengthen" the country's health infrastructure.
Despite violation of animal rights, the Environment Ministry has failed to notify rules for the past five years to regulate the pet care market in India estimated at Rs 800 crore citing lack of enabling provisions in the law, the Law Commission said today.
The Dead Sea is shrinking day by day as its waters vanish at a rate of more than one meter a year! The sea, a unique body of water marked by mineral-rich, unusually salty water nearly 10 times saltier than the world's oceans is actually dying.
Ahead of the Paris meet on climate change, Power Minister Piyush Goyal on Friday said coal-based thermal power will remain the staple power source for India and denounced Western concerns over climate and environmental hazards.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu Friday said the government targets to plant five crore trees in the next five years through various plantation programmes.
Affirming support to Odisha in tackling climate change, the UK today said the Climate Change Innovation Programme (CCPI) taken up in six Indian states under a 12 million pound technical assistance would ensure low-carbon and climate resilient development in the state.
Keen to be part of 'Clean Ganga' initiative, Germany has offered to rejuvenate a segment of the river in Uttarakhand by using technology it had employed to clean the Rhine, considered one of the most important waterways in Europe.
Scientists have discovered a small 'hitchhiking' coral reef crustacean species in Indonesia, and named it after English composer and singer Sir Elton John.
A US biologist has spotted a rare species of nautiluses, the small, distant cousins of squid and cuttlefish, after a gap of 30 years.
The presence of vegetation in urban areas - along the roads, in the parks and in your neighbourhood - can limit city heat effect to a great extent, says a NASA study.
Nagaland's Principal Chief Conservator of Forests and Head of Forest Force (PCCF & HoFF), M Lokeswara Rao, on Wednesday received the first Tigerland India Biodiversity Conservation Award.
Sea levels worldwide are rising faster than predicted as a result of climate change, according to NASA scientists.
Rajasthan government has decided to undertake water conservation programme using rain-water harvesting techniques for villages reeling under drinking water shortage.
The success of Delhi Metro Rail project is likely to be the model for cleaning up the Yamuna river in the national capital, where the central and Delhi governments would join hands to make the polluted river into a hub of tourism and navigation, and provide clean drinking to the residents.
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said today that countries must "accelerate the rhythm of negotiations" on capping global warming ahead of an international climate conference in Paris in December.
The central and Delhi governments on Wednesday agreed to jointly work to clean the Yamuna river, Delhi's Water Minister Kapil Mishra said.
The World Coconut Day-2015, themed 'Coconut for Family Nutrition, Health and Wellness', will be celebrated in the city on September 2.
A man was arrested with 113 rare tortoises while they were being smuggled to West Bengal from Jarwal road area here, police said Wednesday.
Metal poisoning caused the malformation observed in fossil remains of marine plankton from the late Silurian (415 million years ago) and may have contributed to their extinction and that of many other species, new research suggests.
Aged bears that spent most of their lives constrained behind rusty cages took their first steps of freedom after a Colorado prairie sanctuary and PETA stepped forward to rid them of their plight.
Leading share bourse National Stock Exchange (NSE) became India`s first stock exchange to invest in wind power with a 6.25 MW project, said Suzlon Group on Tuesday.
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Blood diamonds: Dawood Ibrahim's latest business interest
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case
- Top 25 news @12pm
- Lalu Prasad Yadav hits out at Modi in Swabhiman rally
- Watch: Tender News Bulletin @8.20pm
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi? - Part II
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30 pm
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack
- Dawood Ibrahim’s latest business interest is `blood diamonds`
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!
- Indrani Mukerjea is my daughter, not step daughter: Upendra Kumar Bora
- Love-sex-murder case: Man chops off lover into pieces to end extra-marital affair
- Richest terrorist group Islamic State, is now minting gold coins?
- Vinod Kambli locks maid in room for three days for asking wages, FIR registered
- PM Modi's 'Mann ki Baat': As it happened on August 30
- I feel people have more views than me: Arjun Rampal on divorce rumours
- Kabir Khan got the 'best gift' from Salman Khan