Making alcohol from biological material is not new, but till date most of the ethanol is made using sugar cane, corn or some such food material and is called first generation ethanol.
The roars of lions filled the cargo section of Johannesburg's OR Tambo International Airport as 33 lions rescued from South American circuses landed in South Africa on Sunday where they will be released into a bush sanctuary for big cats.
Various traces of the whistling dogs, such as droppings and footprints have also been spotted.
Loss of ocean oxygen would leave fish, crabs, squid, sea stars, and other marine life struggling to breathe.
KFC is introducing edible serving bowls in India by this week in a bid to make its products more eco-friendly.
In conclusion, the authors note that the beetle genus must have colonised New Britain at least four times in the past.
A new study has revealed the Earth is getting significant greening over the last 35 years and it is mainly due to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2).
Weighed down by a 3000-pound anchor and tight binding ropes set as traps by poachers, a humpback whale was spotted by crab fishermen in the middle of the sea, who immediately reported the matter to the Marine Mammal Center.
A resident by the name of Krissy Elder saw the bear and took a photograph, which she sent to the Pennsylvania Game Commission in the hopes that it could be rescued.
The findings showed “the glaciers in Greenland are more sensitive to climate change than previously thought.
It's really good to see that there are some companies who seriously watch their impact on environment and practice their Corporate Social Responsibly (CSR) in a judicious manner. And Bisleri is one such example.
A new public service announcement video, featuring the US voice talent from "The Angry Birds Movie" including Jason Sudeikis, Josh Gad, and Maya Rudolph, was also released to support the Paris Agreement, read a statement.
Mornings were the worst time, with PM 2.5 levels reaching as high as 108.16 µg/m3 at 7 am in Delhi.
Here are some informat about the event that takes place on April 22 each year.
Earth Day is being celebrated as an annual event on April 22 since 1970 to demonstrate support for environmental protection.
On this day, millions of people led by environmental activists take part in a range of activities from tree planting to picking up litter.
More than 165 UN member states are expected to attend a high-level signing ceremony for Paris climate agreement, including an estimated 60 heads of state and heads of government, a UN spokesman said here on Thursday.
As many as 170 countries are expected to sign the Paris Agreement on climate change tomorrow in a symbolic triumph for a landmark deal that once seemed unlikely but now appears on track to enter into force years ahead of schedule.
Every year, the event is celebrated under a different theme. The theme for 2016 is “Trees for the Earth”.
Researchers contributing to Australia’s National Coral Bleaching Taskforce found that only 7 percent of the reef has avoided coral bleaching.
Poaching, predation, weather and other natural and anthropogenic barriers prove devastating for birds.
The new model gives correct predictions for onset in more than 70 percent and for withdrawal in more than 80 percent of the considered years.
Katrl, the dolphin, gave birth after 3 hours of labor in the Abbott Oceanarium with more than 40 members of the animal care and veterinary teams standing by.
Ivory Coast has deployed teams of rangers to protect the country's last surviving dwarf elephants from extinction, the head of the national park service.
China will encourage ships flying its flag to take the Northwest Passage via the Arctic Ocean, a route opened up by global warming, to cut travel times between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, a state-run newspaper said on Wednesday.
Lemurs are primates that look something like a cat crossed with a squirrel and a dog, endemic to the island of Madagascar.
As Earth continues to warm and is influenced by phenomena such as El Nino, global temperature records are piling up.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Why UPA cancelled AgustaWestland in 2014?
- Why UPA cancelled AgustaWestland deal in 2014? - Part II
- Why UPA cancelled AgustaWestland deal in 2014? - Part III
- Why UPA cancelled AgustaWestland deal in 2014? - Part IV
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- NASA's Orion for Exploration Mission-1 lifted for pressure testing
- It's OUT! Anushka Sharma's 'dhobi pachaad' first look from 'Sultan'!
- Sanders outlines his list of Democratic Party reforms
- Revealed! How low testosterone raises diabetes risk
- Ranveer Singh, Varun Dhawan, Arjun Kapoor, Sidharth Malhotra, Shahid Kapoor, Karan Singh Grover – Kisme Kitni ‘ab’ hai
- Coal scam: Court orders framing of charges against Naveen Jindal
- Pyongyang sentences Korean-American for spying
- I don't diet, I'm just genetically blessed: Priyanka Chopra
- Visit NH44 to gorge on some flavoursome dishes from Kashmir to Kanyakumari
- Centre wants NEET to be conducted in single phase on July 24, approaches Supreme Court
- Gujarat govt relents, announces 10% quota for EBCs including Patidars; Congress calls it 'mere tokenism'
- Oh fresh! Check out how dramatic is the new 'Udta Punjab' poster
- TRAGIC! Not Shahid Afridi but this Pakistani pacer has lost his first child...
- Vijay Mallya says in forced exile, no plans to return to India
- Now, 'Find Time' for your meetings using Google Calendar