A panda who rose to fame as the mascot of the 11th Asian Games held in 1990, will celebrate her 35th birthday - the equivalent of over 100 human years - on Saturday in Fuzhou, capital of China's Fujian province.
A new research has found that increased carbon dioxide enhances plankton growth as opposite of what was expected.
The Beijing Environmental Protection Bureau has started soliciting public opinion about its sixth-phase emissions standard, the world's strictest, due to be implemented starting December 1, 2017.
Global warming will be faster than expected from anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions alone, the researchers noted.
Accordting to a new study, pledges made in the lead-up to next week's major Paris climate change conference can avert severe climate change, but only if the words are turned into long-term action.
Ahead of the UN Climate Change Conference in Paris next week, Power Minister Piyush Goyal said on Thursday that too many restrictions on carbon emission would curb India's competitive strength.
A South African court on Thursday lifted a ban on domestic trade of rhino horns in a case brought by rhino breeders, Xinhua reported.
The fossil, previously known at Bathygnathus borealis, was collected in 1845, and was named Bathygnathus borealis by palaeontologist Joseph Leidy.
Japan annaounces its plan to increase aid for new climate framework ahead of the UN climate conference in Paris next week.
Based on data for the first 10 months of the year, 2015 will be the warmest year on record, says the World Meteorological Organization.
Park employees spotted a first wolf in 2013, but the animal was just passing through.
Pope Francis said the world was facing a "grave environmental crisis" as he arrived in Kenya today on a landmark Africa trip just days before a crucial UN summit aimed at curbing climate change.
The year 2015 is shaping up to be the hottest on record, the UN's weather agency said today, a week ahead of a crucial climate change summit in Paris.
Leaders from 195 countries are meeting in Paris later this month, seeking to achieve a legally binding and universal agreement on climate.
The United Nations Climate Change Conference, widely known as Conference of Parties (CoP 21), will take place from November 30 to December 11 in Paris.
Climate change means more droughts, floods, heatwaves and other severe weather conditions.
Scientists have warned of high air pollution levels in Delhi in the coming days.
Countries do not agree how often reviews should be done, or whether there should be an obligation to automatically ramp up efforts.
The plan will be presented at COP21, the 12-day UN climate summit that opens Monday in Paris.
Fearing the consequences of climate change, the UN children's agency has warned that nearly 690 million of the world's 2.3 billion children living in areas most exposed to climate change face higher rates of death, poverty and disease from global warming.
India has made it clear to the West that it will be firm in its negotiations on climate change but will not be cowed down by aggressive postures taken by anyone, including the United States.
Anguished over the way in which its order to transplant trees to widen a South Delhi road was being implemented, the National Green Tribunal today held officials of the Public Works Department and other agencies responsible and warned of deducting their salaries.
A total 147 heads of state and government so far will attend a climate summit due to start in Paris next week, the French government said today.
The five countries hit by the highest number of disasters are the US, China, India, the Philippines, and Indonesia.
The Environment Ministry is in receipt of information about delay in processing of cases at the level of SEIAA and SEAC.
The scientits performed the research at the Zallah Oasis, a promising site for unearthing fossils from the Oligocene period, roughly 30 million years ago.
The stunning image was captured by the Visible Infrared Imaging Radiometer Suite (VIIRS) instrument aboard NASA-NOAA's Suomi NPP satellite on November 16, 2015.
The current level in Delhi triggers emergency measures, such as shutting down schools.
The most urgent task is for world governments to agree on curbing greenhouse gas emissions.
Preoccupied by the global terror threat, heads of state and government will have their work cut out for them at the 12-day climate summit.
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Chicago: Video of American cop shooting black teen sparks protests
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- ISIS 'poster girl' beaten to death after trying to escape Syria
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks: Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Simon Harmer overshadows Imran Tahir on Day 1 in 3rd Test
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- Nepal to seek details on shooting, SSB says smugglers on Indian soil
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Seventh anniversary of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks today
- MSF hospital strike 'caused primarily by human error', says US