China has captured and released into the wild a black bear which had crossed over from Russia and caused a stir in a border town in the country's northeast Heilongjiang Province.
The National Green Tribunal has directed the Centre and various stakeholders to file their submissions on a proposal that there should be a complete prohibition on the use of plastic packaging in food and pharmaceutical formulations of any kind.
The Kerala Forest Department has warned of strong action against any kind of cruelty towards captive jumbos, in view of a recent Supreme Court order pointing out the need to curb cruelty toward elephants in the state.
More extensive and severe wildfires and a myriad other threats, including diseases and longer, more severe and hotter droughts are threatening to transform some of the world's temperate forests, a study says.
As the reality of global warming starts to hit home, people may ask: "How will it affect my livelihood?"
The National Zoo's panda parents, Mei Xiang and Tian Tian, have another son.
Rising temperatures due to climate change will increase the spread of deadly vector-borne diseases like malaria and dengue especially in the Himalayan region, experts said here on Friday while emphasising there was an urgent need to "strengthen" the country's health infrastructure.
Despite violation of animal rights, the Environment Ministry has failed to notify rules for the past five years to regulate the pet care market in India estimated at Rs 800 crore citing lack of enabling provisions in the law, the Law Commission said today.
The Dead Sea is shrinking day by day as its waters vanish at a rate of more than one meter a year! The sea, a unique body of water marked by mineral-rich, unusually salty water nearly 10 times saltier than the world's oceans is actually dying.
Ahead of the Paris meet on climate change, Power Minister Piyush Goyal on Friday said coal-based thermal power will remain the staple power source for India and denounced Western concerns over climate and environmental hazards.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu Friday said the government targets to plant five crore trees in the next five years through various plantation programmes.
Affirming support to Odisha in tackling climate change, the UK today said the Climate Change Innovation Programme (CCPI) taken up in six Indian states under a 12 million pound technical assistance would ensure low-carbon and climate resilient development in the state.
Keen to be part of 'Clean Ganga' initiative, Germany has offered to rejuvenate a segment of the river in Uttarakhand by using technology it had employed to clean the Rhine, considered one of the most important waterways in Europe.
Scientists have discovered a small 'hitchhiking' coral reef crustacean species in Indonesia, and named it after English composer and singer Sir Elton John.
A US biologist has spotted a rare species of nautiluses, the small, distant cousins of squid and cuttlefish, after a gap of 30 years.
The presence of vegetation in urban areas - along the roads, in the parks and in your neighbourhood - can limit city heat effect to a great extent, says a NASA study.
Nagaland's Principal Chief Conservator of Forests and Head of Forest Force (PCCF & HoFF), M Lokeswara Rao, on Wednesday received the first Tigerland India Biodiversity Conservation Award.
Sea levels worldwide are rising faster than predicted as a result of climate change, according to NASA scientists.
Rajasthan government has decided to undertake water conservation programme using rain-water harvesting techniques for villages reeling under drinking water shortage.
The success of Delhi Metro Rail project is likely to be the model for cleaning up the Yamuna river in the national capital, where the central and Delhi governments would join hands to make the polluted river into a hub of tourism and navigation, and provide clean drinking to the residents.
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said today that countries must "accelerate the rhythm of negotiations" on capping global warming ahead of an international climate conference in Paris in December.
The central and Delhi governments on Wednesday agreed to jointly work to clean the Yamuna river, Delhi's Water Minister Kapil Mishra said.
The World Coconut Day-2015, themed 'Coconut for Family Nutrition, Health and Wellness', will be celebrated in the city on September 2.
A man was arrested with 113 rare tortoises while they were being smuggled to West Bengal from Jarwal road area here, police said Wednesday.
Metal poisoning caused the malformation observed in fossil remains of marine plankton from the late Silurian (415 million years ago) and may have contributed to their extinction and that of many other species, new research suggests.
Aged bears that spent most of their lives constrained behind rusty cages took their first steps of freedom after a Colorado prairie sanctuary and PETA stepped forward to rid them of their plight.
Leading share bourse National Stock Exchange (NSE) became India`s first stock exchange to invest in wind power with a 6.25 MW project, said Suzlon Group on Tuesday.
Looking at the chimpanzee population in Uganda, researchers have found that our primate cousins can survive even in human-dominated habitats and not just in national parks and other protected areas, a new study says.
To track the movement of tigers and encroachers in protected forest areas, a drone would soon be flying in the Sundarban delta.
In a first, a unique remotely piloted aircraft from NASA is set to take off this week to improve track and intensity forecasts of hurricanes as part of the new generation weather forecast observations tools.
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Centre assures help to Gita Press, Gorakhpur
- Operation Hafiz Saeed: 'Phantom' ban in Pakistan
- 'Delhi Police... One Touch Away' app launched!
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Gita Press denies reports of shutting down
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Watch: Top 10 Headlines @7 am
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- When drunk driver Shyam Rai revealed all about Sheena Bora murder
- Nashik Kumbh: Poor turnout at first Shahi Snan
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Manual scavengers to tie rakhi to PM Narendra Modi today
- Ajay Devgn backs 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2'!
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried
- US asks its citizens to defer all non-essential travel to Pakistan
- Malaysians gather in capital to demand reform, PM`s ouster