As many as 12,314 birds of various species were found during the day-long summer bird count exercise at Pong Dam, to monitor the number of birds present in the Wildlife Sanctuary.
Comparing the threat of climate change with that of nuclear war, a group of over 30 Nobel laureates have called upon the nations of the world to take decisive action to limit future global emissions.
Telangana on Friday launched a massive programme to plant 230 crore saplings over the next three years.
The remote Japanese island of Nishinoshima is continuing to grow a year-and-a-half after a volcano erupted on it and will continue to grow, according to a study broadcast on Friday by public radio and television broadcaster NHK.
The Solar Impulse 2 aircraft completed an historic flight on Friday after circling the globe without so much as a drop of fuel, then touching down seemingly effortlessly in Hawaii.
The solar-powered plane, Solar Impulse 2 (SI2), has arrived early on Friday morning in Honolulu, the capital city of the US's island state of Hawaii, and will land at dawn.
The solar-powered plane Solar Impulse 2 broke the endurance record of 72 hours of non-stop flight over the Pacific on its round-the-world journey and is due to touch down in Hawaii on Friday.
Indian scientists have created an environmentally-friendly material from renewable natural marine resources that could eventually replace the fossil fuel-derived plastics commonly used in a variety of applications.
Interspersed with "sky islands" and large valleys, the unique topography of Western Ghats is aiding evolution of new species of songbirds, a recent study shows.
Solar Impulse 2 (Si2), the solar-powered plane on a round-the world trip bid, is closing in on Hawaii after a record-breaking flight which has tested its exhausted pilot to the limit in “difficult” conditions.
Thousands of cities, provinces and states from around the world urged national governments on Thursday to deliver a "robust, binding, equitable and universal" planet-saving climate pact in December.
A solar-powered aircraft flying from Japan to Hawaii on the most perilous leg of a round-the-globe bid has beaten the record for the longest solo flight, organizers said on Thursday.
A six-year-old male rhino was killed in a fight with another male rhino in Dudhwa Tiger Reserve (DTR).
With most brick kilns in the Kashmir Valley not implementing the measures specified for minimizing pollution levels, the areas where they operate are virtually facing an environmental catastrophe, affected citizens and at least one prominent doctor have said.
To measure the effect of climate change on the flora and fauna of Sundarbans, the Zoological Survey of India has set up monitoring bases inside the mangrove forests.
A man was attacked by a shark on Australia`s east coast Thursday, close to where a Japanese surfer was killed earlier this year, rescue officials said.
Imperiled polar bears will see a population crash in most parts of the Arctic Ocean if global greenhouse gas emissions continue at current rates, causing accelerated melting of the sea ice the bruins depend on for survival, US scientists said on Wednesday.
Solar Impulse 2 (Si2), the sun-powered plane, is entering the critical phase of its flight, the Pacific Ocean crossing from Japan to Hawaii.
A blistering heatwave sweeping through Europe today brought blackouts to France and fears of heat stroke for Wimbledon tennis fans, but meant a range of interesting ice creams for the continent's zoo animals.
In the run up to UN climate change conference in Paris later this year, a green body today urged India to work with developing nations and push for a "fair and equitable" global deal which saves the world from catastrophic climate impacts.
Five NGOs have come together to raise 20 million pounds for securing 100 elephant corridors in India by 2025 to curb increasing fragmentation of forests as well as human-elephant conflict, it was announced on Wednesday.
Local environmentalists on Wednesday again voiced their opposition to the Uttar Pradesh government`s move to reduce the eco-sensitive zone limit around Sur Sarovar or Keetham Lake from ten km to just 250 metres.
China`s pledges ahead of a major climate change conference in Paris lack ambition and are easily achievable, experts said Wednesday, adding Beijing could offer more.
Solar Impulse 2 (Si2), the solar-powered aircraft on a round-the-world flight, passed the halfway point of the perilous Pacific Ocean crossing from Japan to Hawaii on Wednesday.
The hungry baby crocodiles wriggle in Jose Antonio Villeda`s hand. One by one, he squeezes open their jaws and uses a plastic tube to prod pieces of fish down their gullets.
In the homeland of pesto, a group of diving enthusiasts have come up with a way of growing basil beneath the sea that could revolutionise crop production in arid coastal areas around the world.
Ahead of the key Paris climate change summit this year, the US and Brazil today agreed on an ambitious agenda to mitigate the challenges posed by climate change, as they underlined the need for a deal that reflects the principle of common but differentiated responsibilities.
Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has said that negotiations on a new climate pact to keep global warming from reaching dangerous levels are moving at a "snail's pace" and must be speeded up.
China, the world`s top CO2 polluter, promised Tuesday to peak emissions within about 15 years, in a move widely hailed as a boost for the global effort to curb planet warming.
Concerned over the growing waste menace, including plastic scrap, the government intends to impose fines on street vendors for providing substandard plastic carry bags among a slew of other stringent measures to tackle the issue.
- Hema Malini injured in Dausa car crash
- 1,400 teachers with fake degrees resign in Bihar
- Telangana CM gets Rs 5 crore bullet-proof luxury bus
- Court clerk clears Rajasthan Judicial Service, becomes judge!
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- AIB: Swatchh Bharat-Clean India reality check
- Telephone exchange case: CBI interrogates Dayanidhi Maran third time
- Why Bal Bharti School cancelled admission of 60 students?
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Now, another AAP MLA in fake degree row
- SECC will provide important input for policy makers: Arun Jaitley
- Aapke Sitare, July 2: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Aapke Sitare, July 3: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Nationwide mobile number portability from today!
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube
- Kerala student with 100% marks denied admission in Delhi University, approaches HC
- No intention to surround India in 'string of pearl' bases: China
- This dog in Madhya Pradesh got an Aadhaar card for itself
- Govt releases first Socio-Economic and Caste Census in 8 decades
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- MPs won't get hike in salary and allowances, govt not willing to accept proposals
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Copa America 2015: Argentina, Chile poised for classic finale