Mexico's Profepa environmental protection agency has seized 377 wild animals from zoos that violated regulations.
Stating that Tiger T-24 alias 'Ustad', which was shifted out after the alleged death of a forest guard in May, was not a "man-eater", wildlife experts have urged Rajasthan Government to relocate the tiger to its habitat in Ranthambore National Park (RNP) at Sawaimadhopur.
Wildlife researchers Wednesday announced here that a species of frog discovered in South Goa's Netravali forest sanctuary has been named after State Range Forest Officer Prakash Salelkar as 'Indirana Salelkari'.
Union Environment Ministry is likely to finalise the amendments to the six green laws by October this year after consultations with legal experts and stakeholders.
Delhi High Court Wednesday expressed serious concern over high levels of particulate matters in the air affecting the health of the people in the national capital and directed the city government to take steps to check unregulated building activities and plant trees.
A deer breeding centre at a nature reserve in northeast China is being used as a staple food chain for wild endangered Siberian tigers.
Nepali officials are holding talks with the famed Corbett Tiger Reserve (CTR) in Uttarakhand to adopt its 'electronic I' (EI) surveillance system as an anti-poaching measure, its director said here on Wednesday.
Rising sea levels caused by climate change threaten to wipe out Sundarbans, a large mangrove forest area shared by India and Bangladesh, and thus world's beautiful Bengal tigers, according to a leading conservation organisation.
The Patna High Court Wednesday ordered regular desilting of the Ganga, which had moved five km away from the Patna town, but was dredged back to the original place acting on a high court directive.
Efficient use of the available natural resource and minimizing the wastage should be the driving point of the upcoming Sustainable Development Goals, says a new report.
The land under the Chesapeake Bay - the largest estuary in the US - is sinking rapidly and Washington DC could drop by six or more inches in the next century, adding to the problems of sea-level rise, researchers from University of Vermont have warned.
Besides our oceans and plants, the world's deserts may be storing a large portion of carbon dioxide emitted by human activities, a new study suggests.
Ahead of the crucial UN climate change conference in Paris later this year, France Tuesday said that India will play a "leading" role in the summit.
Several civil society groups have batted for empowerment of the most marginalised sections to ensure success of the country's proposed climate action plan -- Intended Nationally Designated Contributions (INDCs).
Haryana government Tuesday told the National Green Tribunal that maintaining a minimum flow of at least 10 cumecs of water at Hathnikund barrage in Yamuna as directed by it would be difficult during lean season but the Tribunal remained unconvinced.
Aimed at making the US a clean energy super power, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has set ambitious target of having enough renewable energy in place to power every home in America within 10 years.
The Himachal Pradesh High Court on Monday refused to modify its interim directions to clear encroachments on forest land by fruit growers by October, adding that electricity and water connections of the encroachers should be disconnected.
Bangladesh has only 106 tigers in the Sundarbans, the world's largest mangrove forest, a sharp decline from 440 in 2004 due to unchecked poaching of the endangered animals, following an India-Bangladesh survey, a top forest official said Monday.
India Monday said investment flows -- which can have green benefits -- cannot be treated as climate finance, that should ideally come from public funding or there should be a subvention for industries to adopt climate-friendly technologies.
The White House Monday said that more than a dozen of America's biggest companies have pledged to tackle climate change, backing President Barack Obama ahead of a global summit.
Yet another crocodile, this time a dead one, was spotted at Goa's popular Miramar beach on Monday morning.
Behold the wonders of nature! Flowers are nature's most beautiful creations, but how will you feel seeing a 6.5 feet high flower towering above you ?
Six new spider species have been discovered in Kerala as a result of research conducted by Biodiversity Research Centre of Christ College, Irinjalakuda. These new species have been spotted at Harithavanam located near the banks of the Aluva Sivarathri manappuram.
Delhi Jal Board has started trial run of the 20 MGD Waste Water Treatment Plant at Pappankalan, which will benefit around nine lakh people apart from helping reduce pollution in the Yamuna river.
Forty million litres of sewerage water is wasted in the country every year due to lack of ground water management, an expert claimed Sunday.
A new study suggests that a current hiatus in the global warming may be temporary.
A parliamentary panel has expressed concern over pollution affecting the Taj Mahal and linked it to the polluted Yamuna river that flows along the monument in Agra.
In a different approach for rainfall forecast, scientists of Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) and Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) have used variations in sea temperatures to predict monsoon in the subcontinent.
Human disturbance is limiting elephant distribution in the Western Ghats, a new study revealed on Saturday.
People in Haryana's Faridabad city on Saturday planted over two lakh saplings in three hours, a feat entered into the Limca Book Of Records as a world record.
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- VVIPs, people pay last respects to Dr Kalam at his Delhi residence
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA: How prepared is our police force to face terror attacks in future?
- The life and times of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam!
- Special: Zee News pays tribute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Three-storey building collapses in Thane, six dead
- SC rejects Yakub Memon's plea against death warrant
- Special: 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's case history
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- The 'funny guy' in APJ Abdul Kalam's life
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon, hanged in Nagpur jail, to be cremated shortly
- Anushka Sharma faces Twitter backlash for posting APJ Abdul Kalam's name wrongly
- Gurdaspur terror attack: 14-second CCTV video footage of three terrorists recovered
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report
- Punjab terror attack: Is there a 'China' angle?
- APJ Abdul Kalam was just an ordinary scientist: Pakistan's AQ Khan
- APJ Abdul Kalam's last rites to be held in Rameswaram on July 30