If things go according to plan, drones may soon come to the rescue of those caught in conflict with wild animals.
Seahorses, which have existed for 13 million years, could be the creatures of the past in three decades unless a drastic action is taken.
The carcass of a four-year-old leopard was found in a well at a forest-fringe village in Kannur district of Kerala.
Rohtang Pass is likely to become the world's highest mountain destination to run CNG buses at a height of 13,050 feet with the Himachal Pradesh government successfully completing two trial runs in this regard.
The government Friday said it has formulated a draft notification for mass emission standards for bio-diesel (B100) fueled vehicles, a move to promote bio-fuel friendly vehicles across the country.
Delhi Environment Minister Asim Ahmed Khan Friday inspected the upcoming Waste-to-Energy plant at Ghazipur and emphasised on the need to adopt latest technology to manage solid waste.
The rapid warming of the equatorial Indian Ocean region and cooling of atmosphere over the Eurasian continent centered around China would lead to frequent monsoon and drought years in the coming decades, according to scientists.
Invasive alien species like Lantana and Cuscutta pose a threat to the ecosystems and lead to loss of biodiversity of the country, the government Friday said.
Authorities in Ghaziabad have illegally cut down over 5,600 trees in the last eight years, an environmental activist claimed on Thursday.
The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has slapped a penalty of Rs. 15 lac on a former sarpanch and a gram sevak for felling 3000 trees in the forest area of a village.
Government today said that National Wildlife Board has cleared 81 projects in the past six months, of which nine fall under various tiger reserves and 27 are close to 10 km of wildlife sanctuaries.
Climate change is taking a toll on fishery resources with consequent ocean warming and rise in sea level, posing multiple threats to the marine ecosystem, Vice Chancellor of Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies (KUFOS), B Madhusoodana Kurup, said today.
Cleaning of river Ganga is expected to be completed by 2020, by which time desired results of initiatives taken up for the purpose will be visible, the government has said.
The National Green Tribunal today issued notice to around 3,000 illegal nurseries and private persons causing pollution on the floodplains of river Yamuna here.
Eco-sensitive zones may soon come up around the Sundarbans National Park in West Bengal, said a senior forest department official on Thursday.
Mexico's Profepa environmental protection agency has seized 377 wild animals from zoos that violated regulations.
Stating that Tiger T-24 alias 'Ustad', which was shifted out after the alleged death of a forest guard in May, was not a "man-eater", wildlife experts have urged Rajasthan Government to relocate the tiger to its habitat in Ranthambore National Park (RNP) at Sawaimadhopur.
Wildlife researchers Wednesday announced here that a species of frog discovered in South Goa's Netravali forest sanctuary has been named after State Range Forest Officer Prakash Salelkar as 'Indirana Salelkari'.
Union Environment Ministry is likely to finalise the amendments to the six green laws by October this year after consultations with legal experts and stakeholders.
Delhi High Court Wednesday expressed serious concern over high levels of particulate matters in the air affecting the health of the people in the national capital and directed the city government to take steps to check unregulated building activities and plant trees.
A deer breeding centre at a nature reserve in northeast China is being used as a staple food chain for wild endangered Siberian tigers.
Nepali officials are holding talks with the famed Corbett Tiger Reserve (CTR) in Uttarakhand to adopt its 'electronic I' (EI) surveillance system as an anti-poaching measure, its director said here on Wednesday.
Rising sea levels caused by climate change threaten to wipe out Sundarbans, a large mangrove forest area shared by India and Bangladesh, and thus world's beautiful Bengal tigers, according to a leading conservation organisation.
The Patna High Court Wednesday ordered regular desilting of the Ganga, which had moved five km away from the Patna town, but was dredged back to the original place acting on a high court directive.
Efficient use of the available natural resource and minimizing the wastage should be the driving point of the upcoming Sustainable Development Goals, says a new report.
The land under the Chesapeake Bay - the largest estuary in the US - is sinking rapidly and Washington DC could drop by six or more inches in the next century, adding to the problems of sea-level rise, researchers from University of Vermont have warned.
Besides our oceans and plants, the world's deserts may be storing a large portion of carbon dioxide emitted by human activities, a new study suggests.
Ahead of the crucial UN climate change conference in Paris later this year, France Tuesday said that India will play a "leading" role in the summit.
Several civil society groups have batted for empowerment of the most marginalised sections to ensure success of the country's proposed climate action plan -- Intended Nationally Designated Contributions (INDCs).
Haryana government Tuesday told the National Green Tribunal that maintaining a minimum flow of at least 10 cumecs of water at Hathnikund barrage in Yamuna as directed by it would be difficult during lean season but the Tribunal remained unconvinced.
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Vote bank politics on Yakub Memon's death?
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Two of four Indians kidnapped in Libya by ISIS released
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Kanwar Yatra: High alert sounded in western UP after IB alert
- AIB: Save the girl child- stop female foeticide
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- Gurdaspur attack: Terrorists trained at Thailand-Myanmar border
- Top Bollywood Breaking news
- Onion prices shoot up to 200 per cent, touch Rs 50/kg
- Vote bank politics on Yakub Memon's death? Part-2
- US woman alleges molestation by cab driver in Delhi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!
- Yakub Memon hanging: J&K MLA reveals he met Tiger Memon in PoK
- Rahul Gandhi meets protesting FTII students, says RSS promoting mediocrity
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years
- Those present at Yakub Memon's funeral are 'potential terrorists': Tripura Governor Tathagata Roy
- 'I spat in your coffee everyday' – Intern's note to boss goes viral
- Drishyam movie review: You only see what your eyes want to see!
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!