The illicit exploitation of oceans undermines the peace and security of small island countries, Maldives Foreign Minister Dunya Maumoon told the UN on Saturday.
Poachers have killed yet another one-horned rhino at the Kaziranga National Park in Assam but failed to take away the horn, an official said on Saturday.
Every year, 2nd - 8th October is observed as Wildlife week throughout the world.
As melting glaciers erode the land, global warming could alter the shape of the planet, says a new study.
As millions across the world paid homage to Mahatma Gandhi on his 146th birth anniversary, India's top diplomat in the US said that the country's commitment on climate change is based on the Mahatma's three guiding principles of 'ahimsa, satyagraha and sarvodaya'.
A nutrient-rich, balanced diet is beneficial to corals during stressful thermal events, a new study has found.
UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday evening stressed the need for ecological balance and harmony with nature.
Typhoon Mujigae, the 22nd typhoon of the year, is expected to hit China's eastern coastal region of Hainan or the western Guangdong province on Sunday, Chinese Met department has warned.
Barapitha, a tribal hamlet in the outskirts of the state capital, today became Odisha's first solar village.
A 2,350-km long 'Swachh Ganga' river rafting expedition of border guarding force ITBP was today flagged off by Union Minister Uma Bharti from the banks of the holy river in Uttarakhand.
India's pledge on Friday to reduce carbon emissions up to 35 percent by 2030 evoked wide appreciation, with some terming the climate action plan as "aggressive" and "superior" to the ones proposed by the developed nations.
Highlights of India's climate action plan, known as Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs), announced by Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar here on Friday.
A Bengaluru based cab company has launched an incentive scheme for its drivers to promote cleanliness in their vehicles in keeping with the spirit of Swachh Bharat Diwas (Clean India Day) on October 2.
As the 196 parties of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change get set for their 21st annual meet, called Conference of Parties, in Paris from November 30 to December 11, they had to submit their Intended Nationally Determined Contributions to help draft a new pact on climate change.
India's Climate Action Plan submitted to the United Nations was "comprehensive, ambitious and progressive" which will help reduce emission intensity to a large extent, Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar said on Friday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said that Jharkhand could show the path to the world for a clean environment as the state was opting for solar power to generate electricity even though it had vast reserves of coal.
The UN financial mechanism Green Climate Fund (GCF) should play stronger role in helping developing countries trim global warming, French President Francois Hollande has said.
Submitting its 'climate action plan', India has pledged to cut its carbon emission intensity by 33-35 percent and increase the share of renewable energy by a massive 40 percent in its total energy mix by 2030.
Earth is on track for average warming of 2.7 degrees Celsius by 2100, higher than the UN target, said an analysis today of country pledges for curbing climate-altering greenhouse gas emissions.
The Madurai Bench of the Madras High Court today said government should ensure that any exotic variety of trees or plants that endangered the local 'shola forests' in Kodaikanal hills were systematically removed to protect the forests.
The Supreme Court said it will hear on October 5 a plea seeking imposition of pollution compensatory charge on light and heavy commercial vehicles entering Delhi as the worsening air pollution in the national capital would further deteriorate in the coming winter.
The current water stored at 91 major reservoirs, monitored by Central Water Commission (CWC), across India is less than last year's average storage and is also lower than the average storage in last 10 years.
The Bombay High Court today asked the Maharashtra government to either take measures to put an end to illegal dumping of garbage in the waste disposal grounds in Mumbai or stop new constructions.
Delhi government today said that 'Car Free Day', an initiative to encourage people to use public transport in the national capital will be observed on October 22 from 7 AM to 12 noon on the stretch falling between the Red Fort and India Gate.
The National Green Tribunal has directed East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC) to submit details of the number of cars and the parking space available around a housing society in East Delhi.
Scientists have discovered a new species of gecko (rock-dwelling lizard) in Chhattisgarh's Kanker district, a discovery that will aid in documenting India's biodiversity and boost conservation, a researcher said on Thursday.
Carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from cars registered in Europe in 2014 were 40 per cent higher on average than their manufacturers claimed, said a report prompting calls Wednesday for an investigation.
Iceland announced today that 155 fin whales and 29 minke whales were killed in its hunting season this year, in defiance of calls to end the practice.
Advocating bringing in positivity before the Paris conference on climate change, Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar on Wednesday called for discussions on issues like lifestyle and climate justice.
The National Green Tribunal has slammed Assam government for delay in preparing a project report on measures to curb growing wildlife casualties due to vehicular movement on the national highway passing through the Kaziranga National Park.
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Morning Superfast @7am
- PM Narendra Modi pays tribute to Mahatma Gandhi at Rajghat
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Up to 10 feared dead in Oregon college shooting
- Watch: Bollywood Breaking @2.30pm
- Sheena Bora murder prime accused Indrani Mukerjea admitted to hospital
- Mahatma Gandhi: Know six things you didn't know about him
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Preview
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: What's the 'bliing' factor?
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Did Lalu Prasad Yadav mean PM Narendra Modi assassinated Mahatma Gandhi?
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- ‘Singh is Bliing’ tweet review