Ziro Butterfly Meet has been started as a part of its initiative to create awareness among the local people about the rich biodiversity of the place and the need to conserve them.
The northeastern state of Arunachal Pradesh has launched a programme on conservation of the endangered Eastern Hoolock Gibbon.
A ‘sneezing’ monkey are among more than two hundred new species discovered in Eastern Himalayas.
For the first time since the Chernobyl accident, researchers have long-term census data that reveal thriving wildlife populations in the zone.
Scientists did a research to better understand how big volcanic eruptions, which can trigger a shortage of rainfall, can impact rivers.
HL Dattu, the Chief Justice of India said that his grandson wears a mask because of alarming pollution levels in Delhi.
Cacti are crucial links in the food chains of many animals, including humans.
The 20-page document published today is set to be "the basis for negotiation", the UN stressed in a written statement.
India and Germany acknowledged that climate change responses and solutions generate new opportunities and co-benefits by creating jobs, spurring economic development and improving air quality.
In the wake of drought risks, Thailand has asked their farmers to grow plants that require less water.
The company is also mulling an assembly plant in Gujarat to save on logistics cost.
Making it an environment friendly green building, the Delhi Secretariat shall become the first State Secretariat of the country running entirely on renewable and green energy.
Are environment concerns the reason for economic slowdown in China?
Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan is all set to make his first public appearance as the Tiger Ambassador of Maharashtra at the Sanjay Gandhi National Park ( SGNP) on Tuesday as part of Wildlife Week celebration.
Snakes have a genome that is associated with limb formation.
Legal luminaries have expressed concern over the deteriorating levels of air pollution in the city even as the Supreme Court gets ready to hear a plea by three parents, representing their vulnerable children, seeking a ban on firecrackers in Delhi during Dussehra and Diwali.
Are whales indiscriminate grazers that consume copious amounts of tiny krill throughout the day? No, says a new study which finds that whales forage efficiently to optimise their energy levels.
A typhoon bringing gales and packing winds up to 50 meters per second on Sunday hit the coastal Chinese city of Zhanjiang, authorities said.
Leading Kenyan wildlife conservation lobby groups on Saturday took part in the global march to galvanize support for protection of rhinos and elephants that are facing serious threats like poaching and depletion of their habitats.
Asian elephants play a vital role in the ecology of the forest and help spread green cover because of their eating and movement pattern, says a study by the researchers of the Indian Institute of Science and Princeton University.
In a significant step towards generating power from garbage under the Swachh Bharat Mission, six waste-to-energy plants with installed capacity of about 74 MW will be commissioned next year including two in the national capital.
The simplest and cheapest solution to arsenic contamination of groundwater has been found to be none other the red laterite soil that is abundant in many parts of India, scientists said.
The illicit exploitation of oceans undermines the peace and security of small island countries, Maldives Foreign Minister Dunya Maumoon told the UN on Saturday.
Poachers have killed yet another one-horned rhino at the Kaziranga National Park in Assam but failed to take away the horn, an official said on Saturday.
Every year, 2nd - 8th October is observed as Wildlife week throughout the world.
As melting glaciers erode the land, global warming could alter the shape of the planet, says a new study.
As millions across the world paid homage to Mahatma Gandhi on his 146th birth anniversary, India's top diplomat in the US said that the country's commitment on climate change is based on the Mahatma's three guiding principles of 'ahimsa, satyagraha and sarvodaya'.
A nutrient-rich, balanced diet is beneficial to corals during stressful thermal events, a new study has found.
UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday evening stressed the need for ecological balance and harmony with nature.
Typhoon Mujigae, the 22nd typhoon of the year, is expected to hit China's eastern coastal region of Hainan or the western Guangdong province on Sunday, Chinese Met department has warned.
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Bihar polls: Political opinion of Begusarai voters
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Watch: Fast N Facts @4:00 pm
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Exclusive interview with BJP chief Amit Shah
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Somnath Bharti's bail plea rejected after wife refuses mediation in SC
- Watch: Today's top headlines @4:30 pm
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples
- Nepal gets respite as over 100 cargo trucks enter from India carrying essential goods, petroleum products
- Smartphone may reveal your sexual preferences
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Why Salman Khan’s films are blockbusters
- Chris Cairns perjury trial starts Monday in London, Brendon McCullum to give evidence
- India vs South Africa: Do India need more aggressive bowlers?
- Pak NSA Sartaj Aziz refuses to acknowledge human rights violations in PoK