A delegation from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) will attend the highly anticipated climate summit scheduled to be held in Paris from November 30 to December 11.
Rising lake levels in China threaten migratory birds
Power and New and Renewable Energy Minister Piyush Goyal on Friday said the government plans to set up a $1 billion private equity fund for the renewable energy sector that would be initially seeded by state-run companies.
Ahead of global climate summit in Paris starting next week, Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar on Friday expressed hope that the world would be able to come out with a "good climate agreement" to combat global warming.
The runaway loss of ice from Antarctica as a result of global climate change could last for centuries, said a study on Friday.
Japan's Cabinet on Friday approved a plan for measures towards reducing global warming.
Japan reduced greenhouse gas emissions in fiscal 2014 for the first time in five years, the environment ministry announced on Friday.
A panda who rose to fame as the mascot of the 11th Asian Games held in 1990, will celebrate her 35th birthday - the equivalent of over 100 human years - on Saturday in Fuzhou, capital of China's Fujian province.
A new research has found that increased carbon dioxide enhances plankton growth as opposite of what was expected.
The Beijing Environmental Protection Bureau has started soliciting public opinion about its sixth-phase emissions standard, the world's strictest, due to be implemented starting December 1, 2017.
Global warming will be faster than expected from anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions alone, the researchers noted.
Accordting to a new study, pledges made in the lead-up to next week's major Paris climate change conference can avert severe climate change, but only if the words are turned into long-term action.
Ahead of the UN Climate Change Conference in Paris next week, Power Minister Piyush Goyal said on Thursday that too many restrictions on carbon emission would curb India's competitive strength.
A South African court on Thursday lifted a ban on domestic trade of rhino horns in a case brought by rhino breeders, Xinhua reported.
The fossil, previously known at Bathygnathus borealis, was collected in 1845, and was named Bathygnathus borealis by palaeontologist Joseph Leidy.
Japan annaounces its plan to increase aid for new climate framework ahead of the UN climate conference in Paris next week.
Based on data for the first 10 months of the year, 2015 will be the warmest year on record, says the World Meteorological Organization.
Park employees spotted a first wolf in 2013, but the animal was just passing through.
Pope Francis said the world was facing a "grave environmental crisis" as he arrived in Kenya today on a landmark Africa trip just days before a crucial UN summit aimed at curbing climate change.
The year 2015 is shaping up to be the hottest on record, the UN's weather agency said today, a week ahead of a crucial climate change summit in Paris.
Leaders from 195 countries are meeting in Paris later this month, seeking to achieve a legally binding and universal agreement on climate.
The United Nations Climate Change Conference, widely known as Conference of Parties (CoP 21), will take place from November 30 to December 11 in Paris.
Climate change means more droughts, floods, heatwaves and other severe weather conditions.
Scientists have warned of high air pollution levels in Delhi in the coming days.
Countries do not agree how often reviews should be done, or whether there should be an obligation to automatically ramp up efforts.
The plan will be presented at COP21, the 12-day UN climate summit that opens Monday in Paris.
Fearing the consequences of climate change, the UN children's agency has warned that nearly 690 million of the world's 2.3 billion children living in areas most exposed to climate change face higher rates of death, poverty and disease from global warming.
India has made it clear to the West that it will be firm in its negotiations on climate change but will not be cowed down by aggressive postures taken by anyone, including the United States.
Anguished over the way in which its order to transplant trees to widen a South Delhi road was being implemented, the National Green Tribunal today held officials of the Public Works Department and other agencies responsible and warned of deducting their salaries.
A total 147 heads of state and government so far will attend a climate summit due to start in Paris next week, the French government said today.
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks: Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Exclusive: Heart-rending conditions of Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Ambedkar never thought about leaving India despite criticism: Rajnath's jibe at Aamir
- Panel discussion on India-Pakistan cricket series
- GST deadlock: PM Modi invites Sonia Gandhi, Manmohan Singh for tea
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Simon Harmer overshadows Imran Tahir on Day 1 in 3rd Test
- Watch: How NASA astronauts are celebrating Thanksgiving in space!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- Shah Rukh Khan strikes a pose with ‘bestest’ friend Divya – See pic
- Online intolerance: Kerala journo faces threats for writing about madrasa child abuse
- After brilliant century, Arjun Tendulkar claims four-wicket haul in U-16 match
- New poster: 'Har Har Mahadev', says Ranveer in 'Bajirao Mastani'!
- Wear burqa in Switzerland and face a $9,835 fine
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!