Majority of the world seabird species have plastic in their gut and 99 per cent will have gobbled down plastic by 2050.
A mystery waits to be unravelled in Arunachal Pradesh! The baffling geographical location and rough terrain of this state has been a nightmare for air dwellers.
Nearly 90 percent of individual seabirds alive today have consumed some form of plastic and about 60 percent of them, including albatrosses, shearwaters and penguins, have plastic in their guts, estimates a new study.
"Seismic changes" in temperatures and sea levels could create waves of refugees forced to abandon traditional homes and fight for food and water, US Secretary of State John Kerry has said as he sought commitment from the international community to address the challenge posed by climate change.
NASA and the US Agency for International Development (USAID) have launched a joint project to strengthen regional environmental monitoring in five countries in the lower Mekong region of Southeast Asia.
The City of Joy is poised to become the first city in the country to have its public parks illuminated by an automated carbon-neutral solar lighting system, reducing the carbon footprint and electricity bills.
Addressing a Arctic climate change conference in Alaska, Barack Obama made an urgent plea to the world to identify the dangers of global warming.
In this amazing underwater video, watch how animals crave for love and attention!
US President Barack Obama warned on Monday that climate change is no longer a problem of the future, but rather a challenge for now and one that will define the next century.
South Delhi residents today moved the National Green Tribunal against the increasing commercial activities and encroachment in the "green belt" located along the Mehrauli Badarpur Highway in Saket.
Expressing concern over the recent spate of poaching of elephants in southern India, a global wildlife monitoring network has said organised inter-state poaching gangs were behind the killings of tuskers in the forests of Western Ghats.
Mount McKinley, the tallest of North America's mountains, is officially being renamed Denali, the White House has said, on the eve of President Barack Obama's historic visit to Alaska.
China has captured and released into the wild a black bear which had crossed over from Russia and caused a stir in a border town in the country's northeast Heilongjiang Province.
The National Green Tribunal has directed the Centre and various stakeholders to file their submissions on a proposal that there should be a complete prohibition on the use of plastic packaging in food and pharmaceutical formulations of any kind.
The Kerala Forest Department has warned of strong action against any kind of cruelty towards captive jumbos, in view of a recent Supreme Court order pointing out the need to curb cruelty toward elephants in the state.
More extensive and severe wildfires and a myriad other threats, including diseases and longer, more severe and hotter droughts are threatening to transform some of the world's temperate forests, a study says.
As the reality of global warming starts to hit home, people may ask: "How will it affect my livelihood?"
The National Zoo's panda parents, Mei Xiang and Tian Tian, have another son.
Rising temperatures due to climate change will increase the spread of deadly vector-borne diseases like malaria and dengue especially in the Himalayan region, experts said here on Friday while emphasising there was an urgent need to "strengthen" the country's health infrastructure.
Despite violation of animal rights, the Environment Ministry has failed to notify rules for the past five years to regulate the pet care market in India estimated at Rs 800 crore citing lack of enabling provisions in the law, the Law Commission said today.
The Dead Sea is shrinking day by day as its waters vanish at a rate of more than one meter a year! The sea, a unique body of water marked by mineral-rich, unusually salty water nearly 10 times saltier than the world's oceans is actually dying.
Ahead of the Paris meet on climate change, Power Minister Piyush Goyal on Friday said coal-based thermal power will remain the staple power source for India and denounced Western concerns over climate and environmental hazards.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu Friday said the government targets to plant five crore trees in the next five years through various plantation programmes.
Affirming support to Odisha in tackling climate change, the UK today said the Climate Change Innovation Programme (CCPI) taken up in six Indian states under a 12 million pound technical assistance would ensure low-carbon and climate resilient development in the state.
Keen to be part of 'Clean Ganga' initiative, Germany has offered to rejuvenate a segment of the river in Uttarakhand by using technology it had employed to clean the Rhine, considered one of the most important waterways in Europe.
Scientists have discovered a small 'hitchhiking' coral reef crustacean species in Indonesia, and named it after English composer and singer Sir Elton John.
A US biologist has spotted a rare species of nautiluses, the small, distant cousins of squid and cuttlefish, after a gap of 30 years.
The presence of vegetation in urban areas - along the roads, in the parks and in your neighbourhood - can limit city heat effect to a great extent, says a NASA study.
Nagaland's Principal Chief Conservator of Forests and Head of Forest Force (PCCF & HoFF), M Lokeswara Rao, on Wednesday received the first Tigerland India Biodiversity Conservation Award.
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Blood diamonds: Dawood Ibrahim's latest business interest
- PM Modi launches digital version of epic 'Ramcharitmanas'
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Sheena murder: Police recover suitcase, was Mikhail Indrani's next target?
- Senior IAS officer Rajiv Mehrishi to replace LC Goyal as Union Home Secretary
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Sheena murder case: Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev, driver taken to Raigad crime spot
- I hated my daughter Sheena Bora because she threatened to reveal my secrets: Indrani Mukerjea
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: How Indrani's four attempts to kill Mikhail failed
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie
- Who tipped off Mumbai police about Sheena Bora's murder?
- We can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Pakistan's defence minister
- Sheena Bora murder: Mumbai Police likely to conduct narco test on Indrani Mukerjea, her ex-husband Sanjeev
- Impressed with ISL, German giants Borussia Dortmund eyes India but looks for right opportunity and partner