UN heritage body UNESCO has recommended that the Great Barrier Reef, the world's largest marine park off the Australian coast, should not be included in the World Heritage danger list, even as conservationists describe the outlook for the reef as "poor", a media report said on Friday.
The National Green Tribunal Friday granted partial relief to taxi and luxury coach operators plying in the Manali-Rohtang Pass areas of Himachal Pradesh by staying environment compensation tax on the vehicles, but refused to relax the 1,000 vehicle limit to the scenic pass.
Australian scientists say they are closer to developing anti-venom for one of the world's deadliest toxins, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation reported on Friday.
Of late, experts have raised concerns about poor air quality in the national capital. And now, prevailing high temperatures in Delhi have caused a steep rise in ozone levels.
Women, especially those living in rural areas, can play a crucial role in tackling climate change "by changing the way they cook, gather wood or maintain household", French Ambassador to India Francois Richier said Thursday.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik Thursday released a report on the Odisha Government's Action Plan on climate change to be implemented in the next five years.
US President Barack Obama warned Thursday that climate change was making natural disasters worse, as he toured the National Hurricane Center ahead of the annual storm season.
The National Green Tribunal (NGT) Thursday refrained from providing any immediate relief on a plea to relax its directives limiting the playing of diesel and petrol vehicles in Rohtang Pass, saying it would examine Himachal Pradesh government's stand on how it would address the grievances of tourist vehicle operators.
Yamuna has failed to show any improvement in its pollution level in the past one year despite gradual reduction in pollution load contributed by major drains in Delhi, says an Environment Ministry report.
France Wednesday unveiled a list of companies which will sponsor the year-end UN climate talks in Paris, sparking accusations of corporate "greenwashing" from campaigners.
Thanks to the Montreal Protocol, the ozone layer is in much better shape now than it would have been without the United Nations (UN) treaty, a new study says.
Taxi operators on Wednesday rushed to the National Green Tribunal seeking reconsideration of its directions limiting the entry of all diesel and petrol tourist vehicles in Himachal Pradesh's Rohtang Pass till August 14 to 1,000 per day.
Don't use universality and shared responsibilities for the environment as pretexts to kick away the ladder of development for the poor or to avoid responsibility for the global ecological havoc, India told the developed nations Tuesday in a telling message.
Over 70 percent of the glacier volume in the Mount Everest region in the Himalayas could be lost in 85 years if greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise, a new paper suggests.
The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has banned civic garbage burning in the holy town of Vrindavan in Uttar Pradesh.
The National Green Tribunal Tuesday allowed the closed down tanneries situated on the banks of river Ganga at Kanpur to operate on a trial basis for 19 days in June during which their effluent levels will be checked by a team of experts.
Despite "extremely complex" issues, the political mood for reaching a global climate deal this year is stronger than ever, says French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius.
The Ganga-Bramhaputra Basin together store around 960 cubic km of water, researchers have claimed in a first of its kind study after mapping the rivers, and said it will help understand signatures of droughts and floods to better manage water resources in the region.
The Centre will launch Urban Forest Programme on June 5 under which saplings will be planted across the country with the participation of people.
A new study has brought panther chameleon into limelight in Madagascar which is actually composed of eleven different species.
When it comes to protecting coral reefs from rising seawater temperature, climate engineering could be a better method than conventional carbon dioxide (CO2) mitigation strategies, new research says.
Bad weather has caused the organizers of Solar Impulse 2, an airplane powered solely by alternative energy, to postpone on Tuesday the seventh leg of its round-the-world journey, during which it has to cover most of the Pacific Ocean, Efe news agency reported.
The Supreme Court Tuesday refused to stay the operation of NGT directions limiting the entry of all diesel and petrol tourist vehicles in Rohtang Pass in Himachal Pradesh till August 14 to 1,000 per day.
In a dramatic 'bird versus tiger' brawl, a red-crowned crane was seen fearlessly fighting off against two attacking tigers at a zoo in China.
As many as 48 tigers have been found to be inhabiting outside the protected areas in forests of Chandrapur district in Maharashtra, taking their number to 120 in the zone which is home to Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve (TATR).
Indian railway has informed the National Green Tribunal that it will not be possible to provide 'Roll-On, Roll-Off' (RO-RO) services with the existing infrastructure and it is not feasible in Delhi as almost the entire rail network in the region is electrified.
The Wolf volcano is erupting on Isabela Island in the Galapagos Islands, home to the world's only population of pink land iguanas, the management of Galapagos National Park said.
Terming the reduced water level in Yamuna as the "main" concern, Union Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti Monday said the government wants to develop it in a way that farmers get adequate water for irrigation while continuous flow in the river is maintained.
The National Green Tribunal Monday asked Centre to learn from China in curbing vehicular pollution in the Delhi-NCR, as it extended till July 13 the stay on its order banning plying of over 10-year-old diesel motor vehicles.
UN chief Ban Ki-Moon Monday called for "global action" this year to limit climate change as international weather experts began a quadrennial congress in Geneva.
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE 10th Result 2015: CBSE (cbse.ac.in & cbseresults.ac.in) Class 10 (X Board) Result shortly