Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar will hold a meeting Tuesday to review the progress of physical demarcation of Ecologically Sensitive Area (ESA) in Western Ghats region and will also discuss further course of action for its protection and conservation.
An almost dead two-year-old leopard found in a swamp at nearby Kannerimandanai has regained consciousness after treatment by two veterinarians.
A group of scientists spotted a rare albino humpback whale, possibly the mythical, rarely-sighted whale `Migaloo`, off the coast of New Zealand, official sources said on Monday.
Lashing out at Himachal Pradesh government for allowing a "traffic chaos" atop the eco- sensitive Rohtang Pass, the National Green Tribunal Monday issued show cause notice to it asking why should not a complete ban be imposed on tourism activities in and around that area.
Kerala government Monday said it would convene a meeting of Forest ministers of southern states next month to tackle the increasing incidents of elephant poaching for ivory in forests in these states.
Using their legs as sails and their silk as an anchor, some spiders can travel across water like ships, new research says.
China, the world's largest carbon emitter, has put up advertisements at public places depicting the environmental issues in Indian cities like Mumbai to warn its people about the impact of climate change and encourage them to plan future around low carbon development.
Our oceans need an immediate and substantial reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. Otherwise, there will be far-reaching and irreversible impacts on marine ecosystems, says a study.
Scientists have found that directly looking into the extracted "soup" of bees' DNA could help conservationists understand and even reverse their decline.
The mesmerising story of Asiatic lions, once on the brink of extinction but who now spill over the borders of Gir Sanctuary and have found a way to become an integral part of the Gujarat's farming community, has been captured on film.
As many as 12,314 birds of various species were found during the day-long summer bird count exercise at Pong Dam, to monitor the number of birds present in the Wildlife Sanctuary.
Comparing the threat of climate change with that of nuclear war, a group of over 30 Nobel laureates have called upon the nations of the world to take decisive action to limit future global emissions.
Telangana on Friday launched a massive programme to plant 230 crore saplings over the next three years.
The remote Japanese island of Nishinoshima is continuing to grow a year-and-a-half after a volcano erupted on it and will continue to grow, according to a study broadcast on Friday by public radio and television broadcaster NHK.
The Solar Impulse 2 aircraft completed an historic flight on Friday after circling the globe without so much as a drop of fuel, then touching down seemingly effortlessly in Hawaii.
The solar-powered plane, Solar Impulse 2 (SI2), has arrived early on Friday morning in Honolulu, the capital city of the US's island state of Hawaii, and will land at dawn.
The solar-powered plane Solar Impulse 2 broke the endurance record of 72 hours of non-stop flight over the Pacific on its round-the-world journey and is due to touch down in Hawaii on Friday.
Indian scientists have created an environmentally-friendly material from renewable natural marine resources that could eventually replace the fossil fuel-derived plastics commonly used in a variety of applications.
Interspersed with "sky islands" and large valleys, the unique topography of Western Ghats is aiding evolution of new species of songbirds, a recent study shows.
Solar Impulse 2 (Si2), the solar-powered plane on a round-the world trip bid, is closing in on Hawaii after a record-breaking flight which has tested its exhausted pilot to the limit in “difficult” conditions.
Thousands of cities, provinces and states from around the world urged national governments on Thursday to deliver a "robust, binding, equitable and universal" planet-saving climate pact in December.
A solar-powered aircraft flying from Japan to Hawaii on the most perilous leg of a round-the-globe bid has beaten the record for the longest solo flight, organizers said on Thursday.
A six-year-old male rhino was killed in a fight with another male rhino in Dudhwa Tiger Reserve (DTR).
With most brick kilns in the Kashmir Valley not implementing the measures specified for minimizing pollution levels, the areas where they operate are virtually facing an environmental catastrophe, affected citizens and at least one prominent doctor have said.
To measure the effect of climate change on the flora and fauna of Sundarbans, the Zoological Survey of India has set up monitoring bases inside the mangrove forests.
A man was attacked by a shark on Australia`s east coast Thursday, close to where a Japanese surfer was killed earlier this year, rescue officials said.
Imperiled polar bears will see a population crash in most parts of the Arctic Ocean if global greenhouse gas emissions continue at current rates, causing accelerated melting of the sea ice the bruins depend on for survival, US scientists said on Wednesday.
Solar Impulse 2 (Si2), the sun-powered plane, is entering the critical phase of its flight, the Pacific Ocean crossing from Japan to Hawaii.
A blistering heatwave sweeping through Europe today brought blackouts to France and fears of heat stroke for Wimbledon tennis fans, but meant a range of interesting ice creams for the continent's zoo animals.
In the run up to UN climate change conference in Paris later this year, a green body today urged India to work with developing nations and push for a "fair and equitable" global deal which saves the world from catastrophic climate impacts.
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- What is the truth behind Journalist Akshay Singh's death?
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Vyapam scam: CBI probe only if courts intervene, says Rajnath Singh
- Arvind Kejriwal wants referendum on statehood for Delhi
- The mystery behind the deaths of Vyapam Scam continues- Part II
- ED issues summons to Lalit Modi in money laundering case
- Uddhav Thakeray hits out at BJP, says corruption visible everywhere
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- OROP protest stays, meeting with Parrikar likely
- Dalai Lama birthday celebrations draw support, protests in US
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh
- Bombs at mosque, restaurant in central Nigerian city kill 51
- Vyapam scam: Vijayvargiya stokes controversy, says “Is a journalist bigger than me?"
- Pallavi Joshi resigns from FTII, lends support to students
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends