The combination of a hot climate and less variation in seasonal temperatures leads to a faster life strategy, less focus on the future and less self-control -- all of which contribute to more aggression and violence, according to a new model that explains the link between climate and crime rates.
Seismic quietness occurs immediately before volcanoes erupt and can, thus, be used to forecast an impending eruption for restless volcanoes, say researchers.
The trans-Atlantic trip was one of the aircraft's toughest sections in its round-the-world flight.
A global matchmaking program which carries the hopes for the species’ survival, is responsible for Mian's birth.
An image of a “selfish selfie” has incurred the wrath of animal activists, which shows a group of young lifeguards and tourists posing with a shark.
Despite a push for greener fuel policy, the Latin megacity is still struggling to lower its pollutants.
A bear in Bradbury took a dip in a family swimming pool to beat the recod-breaking heat that swept through Southern California over the weekend.
International environmental organisation Greenpeace, in collaboration with acclaimed Italian composer and pianist, Ludovico Einaudi, held a special performance on a floating platform in the middle of the freezing waters of the Arctic Ocean as a visual reminder of what lies at stake.
Last year, approximately 200,000 Saiga's died in Betpak-Dala, Kazakhstan, in May, which became a cause of deep concern for conservationists.
During the shedding process, the complete outer layer of skin is shed in one complete layer, after which, the old and worn skin is replaced.
Shockingly, including Bihar's capital Gwalior, Allahabad and Raipur are among the top 10 polluted cities in the world.
In the footage, the puppy is seen mastering a new trick - standing and walking in the pool just like a human.
They are getting no food, no water, zero veterinary care and are forced to eat each other.
While the father fought to bring his son back, all he got were minor lacerations on his arm.
A team of researchers from Cornell University claim that genome editing in butterflies has helped to reveal that how did they get their eyespots.
These cubs were spotted in Dhakda in Kachida area of the park in zone 5 by some lucky tourists.
A colossal search is currently under way for the missing child.
The rare reproductive behavior of frogs was discovered by professor SD Biju and his team from Delhi University.
Koko, a female western lowland gorrila who has been learning sign language for the last 44 years, seems to be really good at it.
If this happens, then the resultant impact due to the rising temperatures will also affect our health, damage crops and deepen droughts.
The issue of 'trophied' animals and trophy hunting grabbed headlines after a US dentist paid over $50,000 to kill a lion called Cecil, who was being tracked by conservation scientists.
As per reports, the Bramble Cay melomys, a mammal native to the Great Barrier Reef, is nowhere to be found anymore.
It is believed that Bramble Cay Melomys were last seen in 2009.
There are about 550 identified dead zones worldwide.
This is not the first study to single out octopuses as a rare creature.
Too much of light pollution can have serious consequences for human, animals and our environment.
The video, although posted a year ago, tells an amazing story of a man called Mark, who trains animals for movies, and his amazing bond with the polar bear, whom he trained when she was a mere 8-weeks-old and the connection between them.
Environmentalists worldwide are struggling hard to develop effective tools which can re-purpose the extracted CO2.
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG- Part II
- Germany: Gunman killed after shooting inside cinema complex
- Anil Kumble appointed as the new head coach of Indian cricket team
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- DNA: Analysis of world's largest plane 'Stratolaunch'
- DNA: Today in History | June 23, 2016
- Did you know Shahid Kapoor is Saina Nehwal's biggest fan?
- Modi crosses Rubicon on military ties with US: CPI-M
- Amid IIFA fever, Hrithik Roshan spends quality time with sons – View pics
- Turkish nationalist's resignation adds to pressure on veteran leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna seeks copy of driver Shyamvar's confessional statement
- SVC seeks ATR from ADC over forest land encroachment in Poonch
- Subramanian Swamy's seeks details of Arvind Kejriwal's admission into IIT-K
- Mehbooba visits Sufi shrine near border
- Smoking damages sperm DNA, affects fertility: Experts
- Arrest warrant issued against solar scam accused Saritha Nair
- Sonia Gandhi not to host iftar party this year
- What does Brexit mean for India?
- Solar Impulse 2 makes successful landing in Spain after trans-Atlantic trip!
- Veteran Telegu actor Ramana Murthy dead
- Pakistan court indicts 6 LeJ men in 2009 Sri Lanka team attack case