Lambasting civic bodies for not cleaning drains in the national capital, National Green Tribunal (NGT) Monday warned Delhi chief secretary and the senior-most civic officials of coercive action like attachment of salary if they do not comply with its order on the matter.
Over 90 important reservoirs in the country have equalled the water storage levels of the corresponding period of last year, the Water Resources Ministry Monday said.
Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) said on Monday it has so far translocated 14 black rhinos from two national parks to boost populations of the iconic species.
Around 12 states are expected to launch online platform for green clearances by next month to ensure transparency and faster approval of projects, a top Environment Ministry official said.
A rare pure white sparrow has been spotted in Australia, leaving ornithologists all aflutter on Monday.
Just like humans, birds too can choose the best quality peanuts without even opening their shells, says a recent research.
Japanese regulatory authorities and the Tokyo Electric Power Company (Tepco), owner of the Fukushima nuclear plant, failed to implement adequate safeguards at the plant before the 2011 tsunami despite being aware of the risks, the International Atomic Energy Agency has said.
A 50-year-old man was mauled by a tiger in Kurai forest area near here Monday.
A sudden increase in ice loss in a previously stable region of Antarctica is causing small changes in the gravity field of the Earth, says a team of scientists.
Experts have warned about the possible extinction of a rare bird species, the northern bald ibis, in Syria after its ancient city Palmyra has been captured by the Islamic State.
Since most of the foods that birds eat have shells, it's hard to know what seeds and nuts are good, but this study shows that birds have their own way to determine the quality of the food inside of the shell.
Although India is set to become water scarce country by 2025 due to demand-supply mis-match, the water sector is expected to see investment of USD 13 billion from overseas players in the next few years, a new study has said.
With tiger experts raising doubts about the presence of big cats in Buxa Tiger Reserve (BTR) in north Bengal, authorities have decided to improve habitat, prey base and ensure protection in the reserve before considering their relocation in it.
The Environment Ministry is mulling stringent penalties including financial and criminal action for violators by bringing amendments to the Environment Protection Act and creating a "reign of enforcement".
As part of its animal exchange programme, Delhi zoo is all set to get a group of four-horned antelopes and water monitor lizards from Odisha's Nandankanan Zoological Park.
From Paris to Ouagadougou, thousands of people took to the streets today to protest against the American biotechnology giant Monsanto and its genetically modified crops and pesticides.
A leopard was beaten to death by locals when it strayed into a village from Kuldhia forest in Myurbhanj district Saturday.
A 22-year-old tiger died of cardiac arrest at the Shivaram Karanth Nisargadhama Wildlife Park at nearby Pilikula, park sources said.
The city's Alipore zoo, India's oldest formally stated zoological park, will soon get a nature interpretation centre (NIC) to help visitors, especially children, get closer to nature.
The Goa government on Saturday went ahead with its tourism proposal amid protests by fishermen community and conducted trial of sea plane landing on Mandovi river in the heart of the state.
Administrators at Ecuador's Galapagos National Park said 207 giant turtles will be released next month on the island of Santa Fe, where the native tortoises died out more than 150 years ago.
The supreme Court Friday issued notice to Himachal government on the plea by the tourist taxi operators operating between Manali and Rohtang challenging the National Green Tribunal (NGT) order restricting their operation to just 1,000 taxis per day coupled with an environmental compensation charge.
A tiger mauled a five-year-old child to death in a national park in Bihar's West Champaran district, a forest official said on Friday.
India has asked the developed world to bear the "burden of the cross" for pumping carbon dioxide into the air for the past 150 years as a poor man in India cannot be told to pay more for a cleaner planet.
To keep a check on air pollution, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia Friday asked three Municipal corporations and other local bodies to make their helpline number public by Monday, so that people can register complaints pertaining to burning of material in open.
Poor in India as well as in the world face the negative fallout of depletion of natural resources and sustainable development rests on a "viable and sound" natural resource base, Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar said on Friday.
Migratory birds are able to avoid collision with man-made structures, thanks to a well informed leader who guides the flock towards smooth flight, scientists have found.
China on Friday kicked off birthday celebrations for the country's oldest panda who will turn 35 years old in November, the age-equivalent of a 100-year-old human.
A group of scientists has observed a sudden increase of ice loss in a previously stable region of Antarctica.
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490