The air along the coasts is full of hazardous nanoparticles and almost half of the measured particles stem from sea traffic emissions, says a study.
Oxygen on Earth emerged in whiffs from a kind of blue-green algae in shallow oceans around 2.5 billion years ago, helping the origin of life with enough oxygen around to inhale, shows significant research from Canadian and US scientists.
A new study has linked low-oxygen 'dead zones' in North Pacific to the past ocean warming.
As many as 129 people were killed and 350 others injured in the terror attacks in Paris on November 13.
World Toilet College, being built with an intention to share knowledge about toilets, will come up in Rishikesh.
About 99 per cent travellers in the country said there is a need for more toilets across tourism destinations and spots in the country, says a survey.
Young people warn that failure to achieve an agreement in Paris will not only have a disastrous impact on environmental issues but will also undermine key social problems.
According to a study, the world's second most populous nation has 60.4 per cent of its people without access to safe and private toilets.
Chimpanzees will no longer be used for US government research and the remaining 50 chimps in federal custody will be sent to a sanctuary for retirement, health authorities said on Thursday.
UN officially recognized November 19 as World Toilet Day to motivate and mobilize millions around the world on issues of sanitation.
Global experts on Wednesday called for better coordination between the central and state governments in India to collectively tackle the problem of air pollution.
Pollution is taking a heavy toll in Gurgaon, one of Delhi's satellite cities. A survey has shockingly revealed that most of its officials suffer from poor lungs, affecting their breath.
A sustainability-oriented approach is required to address critical threats to India's water security, experts suggested here on Wednesday.
The National Green Tribunal today warned the authorities of the Okhla waste-to-energy plant of shutting it down if it did not urgently install equipment to segregate solid waste and continued to burn them, causing pollution.
India's rooftop solar capacity has seen a 66 per cent growth over the last year to 525 MW, with Tamil Nadu outperforming other states, says a report by consultancy firm Bridge to India.
Glacier on the Tibetan plateau has been retreating since the 20th century due to rising temperature, and at a faster speed since 1990s, a report on the environmental change in the region said on Wednesday.
Here comes good news for penguin lovers. Shrinking glaciers are leading to the birth of more Adelie penguins in the East Antarctica region, researchers report.
Flagging a cause for concern, a recent AIIMS study has found elements of antibiotics in water samples collected from Yamuna river, which experts said can impact the aquatic ecosystem and may lead to drug resistance in microbes.
The fishery scientists, teachers, students and the public will take lessons from the traditional fisher folk in Kerala on the indigenous traditional knowledge (ITK) owned by the latter at a special function to be held by Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies (KUFOS) as part of the World Fisheries Day celebration on Nov 20 and 21.
President Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday stressed the need to preserve natural resources and advocated new approaches to manage the risks of climate change and loss of bio-diversity.
To push its solar programme forward, the West Bengal government will install a 110-foot-high solar dome here for catching maximum daylight, a minister said on Tuesday.
Another giant panda bred in captivity will be released into the wild in China's Sichuan province on Thursday, officials said on Tuesday.
Union Minister of State Prakash Javadekar on Tuesday said a "special cell" would soon be set up to ensure forest and environment are protected while sustainable development also takes place in eight north-eastern states.
"Very poor" solid waste management, including dumping of dung, en route to the Vaishno Devi shrine and in Jammu and Katra towns has led the National Green Tribunal to ask top officials of the shrine board and civic bodies to appear before it next month.
The study examined nahcolite crystals found in Green River Formation in Colorado, US. The crystals were formed 50 million years ago during a hothouse climate.
Leaders of the world's top economies today vowed to seek a deal to curb climate change at an upcoming UN conference in Paris, according to a draft statement drawn up in tough, all-night talks.
In a video which has gone viral on social media shows these cute penguins at Odense Zoo in Denmark trying to escape the captivity of zoo.
The National Green Tribunal today pulled up Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand governments over rising pollution in river Ganga's tributary Ramganga and asked them to apprise it about the steps taken to prevent discharge of effluents in the water body.
Admitting presence of a tiger and a tigress in the jungle areas adjoining Bhopal, senior forest and wildlife officials today said that they are taking all possible steps to prevent man-animal conflict.
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- ISI agent arrested by STF in Uttar Pradesh
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Prashant Bhushan ridicules Arvind Kejriwal's Janlokpal
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Syed Ahmed Bukhari takes a jibe at Azam Khan
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Is Arvind Kejriwal deceiving people by diluting the clauses of Jan Lokpal?
- The 'struggle' of Kashimiri Pandits
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Turkey: Prominent human rights activist killed in attack
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Sunny Leone's 'Baby Doll' in 'Mastizaade'?
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- See inside: Gorgeous Kajol, Kareena, Alia on Vogue cover!
- No protest against Modi, he is our PM: Jamia's media co-ordinator on convocation row
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list