Declaring 101 rivers into waterways through a single legislation is a welcome step but many rain-fed rivers do not have adequate water which should be taken care of at the time of feasibility report, said a parliamentary panel in its report tabled in Rajya Sabha Wednesday.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has praised the tiger conservation efforts undertaken at the Panna Tiger Reserve, while chairing the 12th meeting of the State Wildlife Board here, it was officially announced here Wednesday.
The Border Security Force (BSF) on Wednesday planted around four lakh saplings along the border to mark Independence Day.
Farmers of cardamom-growing villages in Kerala's Idukki district will be educated on the judicious use of pesticides, the authorities said on Wednesday.
A zoo in Nanning city of China recently adopted a two-headed cobra. The rare creature has already survived 15 days but the zoo said it may need to call in specialists to keep it alive.
Despite massive conservation efforts undertaken by government to save India's tigers, tiger deaths have persisted in the country.
Police in Macedonia recovered Tuesday a young baboon stolen a day earlier from a zoo by a couple whose daughter was smitten with the animal.
Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) on Monday refuted the recent study by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) on compressed natural gas (CNG) vehicles.
Several environmentalists in Braj Mandal area have welcomed the National Green Tribunal's order banning tree felling and new constructions along the Yamuna flood-plains in the eco-sensitive Taj Trapezium Zone.
Chinese factories are discharging more than 2.8 billion tonnes of waste water besides seven lakh tonnes of other pollutants annually into Bohai Sea in the north and northeast China, severely damaging local environment, a report said.
The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has directed the Uttar Pradesh government to ensure that no unauthorised construction activities are permitted and no trees cut in the eco-sensitive zone near the Taj Mahal.
The Australian government has announced its emissions reduction target, signalling a reduction of 26-28 percent in carbon emissions by 2030.
Sustained effort is required to protect wildlife in India which is presently screaming for help and attention says author and wildlife expert Valmik Thapar in his new book.
To the excitement of watchers and passerbys, a rare white humpback whale was sighted north of Australia's Gold Coast.
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan will now use his charisma to protect tigers. The 72-year-old actor has accepted the Maharashtra government's invitation to become a brand ambassador for its ambitious Tiger Conservation projects, Finance and Forests Minister Sudhir Mungantiwar said here on Monday.
Progress slashing unhealthy ozone in the western United States has been largely undone by pollution wafting across the Pacific from China, according to a study published today.
Automobile service stations operating in the capital and discharging toxic pollutants like grease and oil into the Yamuna have come under the radar of the National Green Tribunal which has sought a status report on their functioning.
A unique initiative to help students forge a lifelong bonding with nature by growing saplings at the school nursery and creating a green canopy was launched here today, covering 1000 schools in the first phase.
The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has banned the use of plastic bottles around the banks of Uttarakhand here to check the menace of pollution in and around the river Ganges, an official said on Monday.
This is unbelievable! In a viral video which has surfaced on social media sites, watch this amazing footage of how a wild buffalo manages to throw a lion up in the air to save a fellow buffalo.
A decomposed carcass of a tiger on Sunday was found in Kurai Range of the Pench Tiger Reserve near here, an official said.
A rival big cat has reportedly killed one of the eight cubs of Cecil, the much-loved Zimbabwean lion who was killed last month by an American dentist.
Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar will on Monday launch the School Nursery Yojana that aims to bring students closer to nature by involving them in raising saplings in nurseries created in school.
To tackle degradation of the Yamuna, a Parliamentary panel has recommended strengthening of solid and liquid municipal waste management infrastructure in Agra and preventing bathing of animals in the river and other water bodies around Taj Mahal "immediately".
The city can now boast of being the home to a wetland sanctuary! The Maharashtra government on Thursday issued a notification declaring the northern part of Thane Creek as a flamingo sanctuary under Section 18 of the Wildlife (Protection Act), 1972.
The NDMC planted 15,000 saplings -- taken from 20 countries -- on Saturday, and said the number will go up to some 50,000 by the time the monsoon ends.
NASA scientists have found evidence pointing towards ancient flood volcanoes to be reason for altered climate.
Animals living on land proliferate more rapidly than their aquatic counterparts, says a new study.
The Botanical Survey of India (BSI) has developed the first open-access online database of India's floral diversity to document over 18,000 flowering plant species in an effort at boosting digitisation and conservation of endangered ones.
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder: The story till now
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Mumbai Police admits 'Sheena Vohra murder case is resolved'
- Caught on camera: UP woman assaults paralysed mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Why do the 'affluent' Patel community want reservation?
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Arvind Kejriwal welcomed with slogans of "Kejriwal go back" in Bihar
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- How Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora's murder mystery unfolded – Read
- Muslims not doing 'enough' to fight Islamic State: Jordan's Queen Rania
- Patel quota row: Army called as Gujarat comes to standstill; 7 killed, dozens injured
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: The unanswered questions
- Check out Shah Rukh Khan’s message to Sooraj Pancholi, Athiya Shetty
- Watch: Pragya of ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ makes everyone dance to her tunes!