The roars of lions filled the cargo section of Johannesburg's OR Tambo International Airport as 33 lions rescued from South American circuses landed in South Africa on Sunday where they will be released into a bush sanctuary for big cats.
Various traces of the whistling dogs, such as droppings and footprints have also been spotted.
Loss of ocean oxygen would leave fish, crabs, squid, sea stars, and other marine life struggling to breathe.
KFC is introducing edible serving bowls in India by this week in a bid to make its products more eco-friendly.
In conclusion, the authors note that the beetle genus must have colonised New Britain at least four times in the past.
A new study has revealed the Earth is getting significant greening over the last 35 years and it is mainly due to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2).
Weighed down by a 3000-pound anchor and tight binding ropes set as traps by poachers, a humpback whale was spotted by crab fishermen in the middle of the sea, who immediately reported the matter to the Marine Mammal Center.
A resident by the name of Krissy Elder saw the bear and took a photograph, which she sent to the Pennsylvania Game Commission in the hopes that it could be rescued.
The findings showed “the glaciers in Greenland are more sensitive to climate change than previously thought.
It's really good to see that there are some companies who seriously watch their impact on environment and practice their Corporate Social Responsibly (CSR) in a judicious manner. And Bisleri is one such example.
A new public service announcement video, featuring the US voice talent from "The Angry Birds Movie" including Jason Sudeikis, Josh Gad, and Maya Rudolph, was also released to support the Paris Agreement, read a statement.
Mornings were the worst time, with PM 2.5 levels reaching as high as 108.16 µg/m3 at 7 am in Delhi.
Here are some informat about the event that takes place on April 22 each year.
Earth Day is being celebrated as an annual event on April 22 since 1970 to demonstrate support for environmental protection.
On this day, millions of people led by environmental activists take part in a range of activities from tree planting to picking up litter.
More than 165 UN member states are expected to attend a high-level signing ceremony for Paris climate agreement, including an estimated 60 heads of state and heads of government, a UN spokesman said here on Thursday.
As many as 170 countries are expected to sign the Paris Agreement on climate change tomorrow in a symbolic triumph for a landmark deal that once seemed unlikely but now appears on track to enter into force years ahead of schedule.
Every year, the event is celebrated under a different theme. The theme for 2016 is “Trees for the Earth”.
Researchers contributing to Australia’s National Coral Bleaching Taskforce found that only 7 percent of the reef has avoided coral bleaching.
Poaching, predation, weather and other natural and anthropogenic barriers prove devastating for birds.
The new model gives correct predictions for onset in more than 70 percent and for withdrawal in more than 80 percent of the considered years.
Katrl, the dolphin, gave birth after 3 hours of labor in the Abbott Oceanarium with more than 40 members of the animal care and veterinary teams standing by.
Ivory Coast has deployed teams of rangers to protect the country's last surviving dwarf elephants from extinction, the head of the national park service.
China will encourage ships flying its flag to take the Northwest Passage via the Arctic Ocean, a route opened up by global warming, to cut travel times between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, a state-run newspaper said on Wednesday.
Lemurs are primates that look something like a cat crossed with a squirrel and a dog, endemic to the island of Madagascar.
As Earth continues to warm and is influenced by phenomena such as El Nino, global temperature records are piling up.
The Paris Agreement to try to cap global warming at 1.5 degrees Celsius was a stunning political victory for poor countries threatened by climate change.
World's largest marine heritage is under threat. For the first time ever, coral population in Sydney Harbour is showing signs of bleaching due to warm waters, according to the scientists.
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- DNA: What the MTCR membership actually means for India?
- DNA: What the MTCR membership actually means for India?
- DNA: Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today
- Akshay Kumar looks dapper in the brand new poster of ‘Rustom’
- BJP has reduced foreign policy to ''event management exercise'': JD(U)
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan behind Steven Spielberg's 'The BFG' release delay?
- 11-year-old blood cancer patient seeks help from PM Narendra Modi, CM Akhilesh Yadav
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 up for grabs in first flash sale today
- With Facebook's new Slideshow feature, convert your photos into mini-movies!- Watch
- Ringing Bells starts delivery of Freedom 251 smartphone from today
- Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani's latest video is CUTE! Watch here
- Lenovo K4 Note gets a price cut; available at Rs 10,999
- RSS trying to ''appease'' Muslims: Shiv Sena