A unique initiative to help students forge a lifelong bonding with nature by growing saplings at the school nursery and creating a green canopy was launched here today, covering 1000 schools in the first phase.
The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has banned the use of plastic bottles around the banks of Uttarakhand here to check the menace of pollution in and around the river Ganges, an official said on Monday.
This is unbelievable! In a viral video which has surfaced on social media sites, watch this amazing footage of how a wild buffalo manages to throw a lion up in the air to save a fellow buffalo.
A decomposed carcass of a tiger on Sunday was found in Kurai Range of the Pench Tiger Reserve near here, an official said.
A rival big cat has reportedly killed one of the eight cubs of Cecil, the much-loved Zimbabwean lion who was killed last month by an American dentist.
Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar will on Monday launch the School Nursery Yojana that aims to bring students closer to nature by involving them in raising saplings in nurseries created in school.
To tackle degradation of the Yamuna, a Parliamentary panel has recommended strengthening of solid and liquid municipal waste management infrastructure in Agra and preventing bathing of animals in the river and other water bodies around Taj Mahal "immediately".
The city can now boast of being the home to a wetland sanctuary! The Maharashtra government on Thursday issued a notification declaring the northern part of Thane Creek as a flamingo sanctuary under Section 18 of the Wildlife (Protection Act), 1972.
The NDMC planted 15,000 saplings -- taken from 20 countries -- on Saturday, and said the number will go up to some 50,000 by the time the monsoon ends.
NASA scientists have found evidence pointing towards ancient flood volcanoes to be reason for altered climate.
Animals living on land proliferate more rapidly than their aquatic counterparts, says a new study.
The Botanical Survey of India (BSI) has developed the first open-access online database of India's floral diversity to document over 18,000 flowering plant species in an effort at boosting digitisation and conservation of endangered ones.
In response to rise in sea surface temperature, fish go deeper into water to escape the heat, says a new study.
Scientists claimed to have discovered the world's first known venomous frogs with spikes on their heads in Brazil.
Warm water sloshing from the western Pacific towards the Americas has strengthened El Niño in the past several months.
Large quakes in Nepal this year only partially relieved stress on a major Himalayan fault line, and chances for a big tremor are as high as before, researchers said Thursday.
Delhi government's 'City First Forest Programme', as part of which 12 lakh saplings would be planted across the national capital, will focus more on increasing green cover in the major urban centres rather than the outer areas.
The Delhi High Court today rapped the city government for the failure of its forest department to give details of the amount of wood consumed in crematoriums in the national capital and the number of trees that have been cut which were then supplied to them.
Travellers arriving in New Zealand will come under greater scrutiny from later this year as biosecurity officials step up screening for pests and diseases.
In a counterintuitive discovery, new research has found that ocean species that grow quickly and reproduce frequently -- such as sardines -- are more likely to experience dramatic plunges in population than larger, slower growing fish such as sharks or tuna.
The Madras High Court has directed the Forest Department to give priority to the restoration of Shola Forests in the Western Ghats, Kodaikanal and Palani.
The National Green Tribunal has directed the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) to convene a meeting of various stakeholders and propose a scheme for environment-friendly disposal of e-waste.
Flowers can infect visiting bees with parasites that are known to cause lethargy, dysentery, colony collapse and queen death in heavily infected bees, a new study has found.
With the mercury rising across the globe due to warming of the planet, mean temperature in India has increased by 0.6 degree Celsius over the last 110 years, the government today said.
China, the world's top polluter, will build a comprehensive network involving drones, satellites and remote sensors to detect land, sea and air pollution by 2020.
In a move to optimise the cost of solar power, researchers of the premier S N Bose Institute of Basic Sciences have come up with an idea to lessen over-dependence on silicon for creation of solar panels.
The National Green Tribunal today issued notice to 66 offenders who were caught dumping waste on railway tracks in the national capital and refused to pay Rs 5,000 fine as per orders of the green panel.
Behold the wonders of nature! It is very well known that snakes are known to lay eggs when it is about time to release their offspring.
The use of polythene bags is going on unabated in the pilgrimage town of Haridwar with traders and residents rampantly using them despite the ban order, the National Green Tribunal was told today.
The government has accorded approvals for use of around 1.25 lakh hectares of forest land for various development projects during the last three years, the Lok Sabha was informed today.
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- India's ceasefire violations threat to regional peace and security: Nawaz Sharif
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Sheena murder case: Indrani and Peter Mukerjea questioned at Khar Police Station
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Customer steals Harley Davidson bike on pretext of test drive
- 4 terrorists killed in encounter in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani Mukerjea admits to role in Sheena Bora murder
- Top 25 news @10am
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- This is how Indrani Mukerjea is spending her days in police lockup
- Sheena Bora murder case: Mikhail is my adopted son, says Indrani Mukerjea
- PM Narendra Modi gives 'Buddha mantra' for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- S Sreesanth praises Virat Kohli for backing 'suspended' Ishant Sharma
- Sri Lankan legend Kumar Sangakkara`s Twitter account hacked
- Watch: Is Sunny Leone's condom ad the reason behind rapes in India?