The government's decision to clamp down on porn sites across the country has not gone down well with Twitterati, with the ban becoming a top talking trend on Monday.
If the US implements retaliatory measures against China in cyber space, it "will have to shoulder responsibility for escalating confrontation", said a commentary by Xinhua news agency, warning that any form of political or economic retaliation will be met with corresponding counter-measures.
Amazon has released a developer preview of the Alexa Voice Service (AVS).
The government has asked telecom operators and internet service providers (ISPs) to block more than 800 porn websites, according to sources.
Technology giant Google will make paid apps available for as low as Rs 10 through its app store, Google Play to help expand the paid apps user base in India.
While we love to read the popular and spunky news on Twitter, it turns out that traditional media sources don't even cover half of it.
The popular social networking site Facebook Inc Chief Executive, Mark Zuckerberg has announced that he and his wife, Priscilla Chan, are expecting a baby girl.
Twitter on Friday said that it has added four more Indian languages - Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi and Tamil - taking the count of supported languages to six.
Within days of the Windows 10 launch, Twitter has unveiled a native app for the operating system.
Facebook has completed the production of its first full-scale solar-powered internet drone that will deliver wireless internet with lasers from the sky in parts of the developing world where internet availability is still a dream.
A note left by a disgruntled intern for his former boss has gone viral on the internet, a media report said on Thursday.
Facebook's real name policy has been challenged by a German regulator which ruled that the policy is violative of the right to privacy and urged the social networking site to allow people to use pseudonyms.
Making birthday greetings on Facebook even more impersonal, the social networking giant has rolled out a feature that allows a user to wish "Happy Birthday" just by texting '1' from a smartphone.
Photo-sharing app Instagram has banned the hashtag #goddess because "inappropriate" images were allegedly shared, media reports said.
Smartphone users in the country spend an average 169 minutes (about three hours) per day on their devices, a report by mobile advertising company Vserv said Wednesday.
According to an online survey conducted by KRC Research, many smartphone users around the world have admitted to take their phones almost everywhere they go, even while they sleep!
Microsoft on Wednesday rolled out its new Windows 10 operating system.
Facebook has designed a training course for improving diversity in the workplace and is willing to share this with others as long as it helps eliminate biases in the hiring process.
Facebook has announced that it is making it easier for any mobile operator to sign up to internet.org to offer free internet access to basic online services marking the one-year anniversary.
A year after Facebook introduced Internet.Org, the company is making it easier for any mobile operator to sign up to offer free Internet access to basic online services and hopes to add more 4.5 billion users.
mobile- security.html">Zimperium Mobile Security researchers have announced the discovery of a new weakness in Android that allows attackers to take control by using the multimedia messaging system.
Twitter has released an update for iOS that makes them interactive and convenient to enable quicker responses.
Blog-publishing platform Medium has changed its rules and now prohibits acts of public shaming, revenge porn and posting private information on others intended to harass them.
Live video streaming app Periscope has released an update to its iOS app that allows the users to control which users they receive notifications from and uses iOS' Handoff so they can start watching a stream on one device and seamlessly transition to a different one later.
As the world awaits the Wednesday launch of Windows 10 operating system by Microsoft, with which its Indian-born chief executive Satya Nadella wants to power a billion devices in a few years, its potential efficacy in India has evoked mixed response among analysts.
In a bid to rope in more mobile operators into the Internet.org project, Facebook has announced a dedicated portal that provides a go-to resource for the operators seeking to connect with Facebook and offer the service, media reports said.
Although former President A P J Abdul Kalam is no more, but his Twitter account will continue to be active in a new form.
Internet-based digital distribution platform Stream has been hit by a major security flaw.
Undeterred by the criticism from Net neutrality activists in India, social networking giant Facebook Monday said it will expand its Internet.Org programme to offer free basic Internet services to the unconnected.
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Landslide hits Manipur after heavy rain
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP
- 15 reports from 15 cities
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- Shravan - The month of Lord Shiva
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP-Part 2
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Fast and Facts @ 4pm
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- Parliament logjam continues as Opposition creates uproar
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Pak releases 163 Indian fishermen
- Porn banned in India? RGV criticises the move
- Don't lose the first Test of an away series: Sunil Gavaskar
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament logjam: BJP, Congress spar bitterly ahead of all-party meet on Monday
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Zee Media Exclusive – Dr Abdul Kalam wanted to be remembered as a teacher, says his close aide
- Gurdaspur attack terrorists wore 'Made in Pak' gloves: Report
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan