Technology giant Google will make paid apps available for as low as Rs 10 through its app store, Google Play to help expand the paid apps user base in India.
While we love to read the popular and spunky news on Twitter, it turns out that traditional media sources don't even cover half of it.
The popular social networking site Facebook Inc Chief Executive, Mark Zuckerberg has announced that he and his wife, Priscilla Chan, are expecting a baby girl.
Twitter on Friday said that it has added four more Indian languages - Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi and Tamil - taking the count of supported languages to six.
Within days of the Windows 10 launch, Twitter has unveiled a native app for the operating system.
Facebook has completed the production of its first full-scale solar-powered internet drone that will deliver wireless internet with lasers from the sky in parts of the developing world where internet availability is still a dream.
A note left by a disgruntled intern for his former boss has gone viral on the internet, a media report said on Thursday.
Facebook's real name policy has been challenged by a German regulator which ruled that the policy is violative of the right to privacy and urged the social networking site to allow people to use pseudonyms.
Making birthday greetings on Facebook even more impersonal, the social networking giant has rolled out a feature that allows a user to wish "Happy Birthday" just by texting '1' from a smartphone.
Photo-sharing app Instagram has banned the hashtag #goddess because "inappropriate" images were allegedly shared, media reports said.
Smartphone users in the country spend an average 169 minutes (about three hours) per day on their devices, a report by mobile advertising company Vserv said Wednesday.
According to an online survey conducted by KRC Research, many smartphone users around the world have admitted to take their phones almost everywhere they go, even while they sleep!
Microsoft on Wednesday rolled out its new Windows 10 operating system.
Facebook has designed a training course for improving diversity in the workplace and is willing to share this with others as long as it helps eliminate biases in the hiring process.
Facebook has announced that it is making it easier for any mobile operator to sign up to internet.org to offer free internet access to basic online services marking the one-year anniversary.
A year after Facebook introduced Internet.Org, the company is making it easier for any mobile operator to sign up to offer free Internet access to basic online services and hopes to add more 4.5 billion users.
mobile- security.html">Zimperium Mobile Security researchers have announced the discovery of a new weakness in Android that allows attackers to take control by using the multimedia messaging system.
Twitter has released an update for iOS that makes them interactive and convenient to enable quicker responses.
Blog-publishing platform Medium has changed its rules and now prohibits acts of public shaming, revenge porn and posting private information on others intended to harass them.
Live video streaming app Periscope has released an update to its iOS app that allows the users to control which users they receive notifications from and uses iOS' Handoff so they can start watching a stream on one device and seamlessly transition to a different one later.
As the world awaits the Wednesday launch of Windows 10 operating system by Microsoft, with which its Indian-born chief executive Satya Nadella wants to power a billion devices in a few years, its potential efficacy in India has evoked mixed response among analysts.
In a bid to rope in more mobile operators into the Internet.org project, Facebook has announced a dedicated portal that provides a go-to resource for the operators seeking to connect with Facebook and offer the service, media reports said.
Although former President A P J Abdul Kalam is no more, but his Twitter account will continue to be active in a new form.
Internet-based digital distribution platform Stream has been hit by a major security flaw.
Undeterred by the criticism from Net neutrality activists in India, social networking giant Facebook Monday said it will expand its Internet.Org programme to offer free basic Internet services to the unconnected.
Researchers are studying issues such as what type of information and propaganda from terror organisations go viral on the social media, how that information spreads and what kind of people/ groups participate in its spread.
If someone has been shamelessly tweeting your jokes or observations as their own without giving you due credit, that would stop now.
While social media was designed to bring people together, it can sometimes drive them apart -- more Chinese people are switching their status from married to single and social media could be responsible, say experts.
When an amateur researcher posted a picture of a plant on Facebook, little did he realise that it could be a new plant species in the world "discovered on Facebook".
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Vote bank politics on Yakub Memon's death?
- Two of four Indians kidnapped in Libya by ISIS released
- Kanwar Yatra: High alert sounded in western UP after IB alert
- AIB: Save the girl child- stop female foeticide
- Gurdaspur attack: Terrorists trained at Thailand-Myanmar border
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Onion prices shoot up to 200 per cent, touch Rs 50/kg
- US woman alleges molestation by cab driver in Delhi
- Vote bank politics on Yakub Memon's death? Part-2
- Top Bollywood Breaking news
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!
- Rahul Gandhi meets protesting FTII students, says RSS promoting mediocrity
- Yakub Memon hanging: J&K MLA reveals he met Tiger Memon in PoK
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Mira Rajput to sizzle with Shahid Kapoor on ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded’?
- 'I spat in your coffee everyday' – Intern's note to boss goes viral
- Gurdaspur attack: ISI trained terrorists at Thailand-Myanmar border for 10 days
- Those present at Yakub Memon's funeral are 'potential terrorists': Tripura Governor Tathagata Roy
- Jammu bandh over AIIMS turns violent, police use force to disperse protesters; Oppn targets BJP
- Yakub Memon's hanging 'legal murder'; will have consequences for India: Chhota Shakeel