Intel with Micron has introduced a new kind of non-volatile data storage device which is denser, tougher and faster than the modern memory.
Simple and inexpensive ultraviolet light technology can kill food-borne pathogens on the surface of certain fruits such as apples and pears, scientists, including those of Indian-origin, have found.
China has built the world's fastest charging electric buses, with a battery that takes barely 10 seconds to be fully charged.
China is building the world's largest radio telescope whose dish size will be equivalent to 30 football fields.
The chimpanzees in Uganda's Budongo forest have a new healthy recipe in hand. They have started to boost the minerals in their diet by eating clay which also helps them 'detox' and digest their food, says a new study.
It sounds like a science-fiction nightmare. But "killer robots" have the likes of British scientist Stephen Hawking and Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak fretting, and warning they could fuel ethnic cleansing and an arms race.
Former president APJ Abdul Kalam was concerned about people with disability and along with his team developed lightweight prosthetics from space-age material to enable disabled children to walk easily.
The mood was sombre at the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, the ISRO unit in the Kerala capital, as the staff on Tuesday paid tribute to former president APJ Abdul Kalam who died on Monday.
The dreaded Tyrannosaurus rex and its dinosaur cousins were successful predators partly due to unique teeth designed like steak knives that allowed them to tear through the flesh of their prey, a new study has found.
The Oxford English Dictionary has launched a search to find the first recorded use in English of the word 'email'.
Despite being an eminent scientist and holding a commanding position as India's president, APJ Abdul Kalam used to empathise with people from all sections of society and never displayed a shred of pomposity, say eminent nuclear physicists.
An early social behaviour called gaze shifting is linked to infants' ability to learn sounds of new languages, says a new study.
A NASA researcher has developed a wi-fi chip for wireless phones, computers and wearable devices that uses 100 times less power than traditional receivers.
Scientists have for the first time reconstructed part of the male chromosome in polar bears and have found out why the Y chromosome is so important.
In an open letter to the United Nations, more than 1,000 robotics experts and artificial intelligence researchers have asked for a ban on the development and use of autonomous weapons, better known as, ''killer robots''.
Writer's block may soon be a thing of the past, as scientists are developing a smartphone app that aims to measure and boost the mind's creative ability.
Why is a similar task done efficiently by one person and not-so-well by the other? Scientists now have the answer.
India's most loved president, renowned scientist and Bharat Ratna, APJ Abdul Kalam passed away after suffering a cardiac arrest while delivering a lecture to students at IIM-Shillong on Monday evening. He was 84.
Indian scientists on Monday mourned the death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam as a big loss to both the scientific community and the country at large.
There is not going to be a replacement for such a great person as former president A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, as he was a "karmayogi", a former colleague at ISRO said on Monday.
The sudden demise of former president APJ Abdul Kalam was a tremendous loss to the country, Indian space agency chief AS Krishna Kumar said on Monday.
It's a relief for the gamers as China has finally decided to scrap its 15-year ban on video game consoles and companies like Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft will now be allowed to manufacture and sell consoles anywhere in the country.
In a research conducted on the pulse rising movies of Alfred Hitchcock, scientists have revealed how suspense affects audience's brain.
Samsung has developed a new monitor called SE370 with built-in wireless charging for mobile phones.
An ultra-fast light-emitting device that can flip on-and- off 90 billion times a second and could form the basis of optical computing has been developed.
Now you can ask anything on Physics directly to the Eminent physicist Stephen Hawking on the online forum Reddit!
Scientists, including those from NASA, have developed a 'Wi-Fi microchip' for wearable devices that transmits information faster and uses less power than traditional receivers.
Is something attacking your vegetable garden or are your sycamore trees turning yellow-green? A new website may help!
Mexican Federal Police discovered an air-conditioned farm for cultivation of genetically modified marijuana in the state of Jalisco.
Researchers are set to send thousands of microscopic worms on a mission to the International Space Station (ISS) in an experiment aimed at increasing our understanding of what makes the body build and lose muscle.
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- Former President APJ Abdul Kalam passes away
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Will India ever give befitting reply?
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- VVIPs, people pay last respects to Dr Kalam at his Delhi residence
- Lata Mangeshkar mourns former President APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- The life and times of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam!
- India mourns the death of former President APJ Adbul Kalam
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Arvind Kejriwal meets LK Advani at his residence
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- APJ Abdul Kalam ill – All That We Know At The Moment
- How a domestic help turned into the world's richest – crazy story of a Kanpur woman!
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30
- How APJ Abdul Kalam changed India: 10 most inspirational quotes
- APJ Abdul Kalam: This was his last moment...