If you are travelling to Amsterdem this week, you might find a robot guiding you around at the busy Schiphol airport.
Scientists have developed a graphene-based microphone which is nearly 32 times more sensitive than microphones of standard nickel-based construction.
A team of scientists at Stanford University, that includes an Indian origin researcher, has discovered how to make the shiny upper metal contact 'invisible' to light, thereby funnelling light directly into the cell.
Countering established views about how human tools and technologies come to improve from generation to generation, a new study has found that teaching is not essential for people to learn to make effective tools.
A new study has found that teaching is not essential for people to learn to make effective tools.
Enhancing its pipeline security through an eye in the space, GAIL (India) Ltd on Thursday said it has joined hands with National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC), an arm of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), for the purpose.
The so-called aerogel is a thousand times lighter than conventional gold alloys.
Participants in the study who viewed video ads on larger smartphone screens were more likely to want to purchase a product.
The market for A2P messaging is continuing to grow worldwide and is estimated to be worth $60 billion by 2018.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Wednesday conferred the "Kalinga Samman 2014" on physicist and Padma awardee Trilochan Pradhan for popularising science among the common man.
Periods of high extinction on Earth, rather than evolutionary adaptations, may have been a key driver in the diversification of today’s dominant land vertebrates, including reptiles, birds, and mammals, suggests new research.
Researchers led by an Indian-origin scientist have developed a novel technology that harnesses electrical energy from blue-green algae that could be used to power cell phones and computers in future.
Penny Spikins from the University of York in the UK said that the speed and character of human dispersals changed significantly around 100,000 years ago.
The findings could be applied to develop swarm robotics for exploration and rescue operations.
Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar, who is the Chairman of Haryana Sarasvati Heritage Development Board (HSHDB), today said that in the first phase, excavation work of mythical Sarasvati river from its origin point to Kurukshetra in three districts will be completed soon and directions have been issued to complete the work at war footing.
World's first cyborg rose is finally here!
Research shows that while searching in a familiar area with limited choices, a run-and-scan strategy is more efficient than a tracking strategy.
Water in tailing ponds left to biodegrade naturally in the environment still contains these contaminants decades later.
Dark matter is an invisible, mysterious substance that makes up about 27 percent of all matter and energy in the universe.
Croatian archaeologists have announced that they had discovered a 3,500-year-old sunken town and a port in the Adriatic Sea near Zadar, a southern coastal city.
A mobile phone-based alert system for pregnant women in rural areas was launched here on Monday to help them stay healthy till delivery.
Researchers from Washington State University have established a categorical distinction between people who are heterosexual and those who are not.
Weather-related disasters have grown more frequent over the last 20 years, claiming more than 600,000 lives, the UN said today, issuing a further call for nations to strike a landmark deal on climate change.
Migration between different communities of bacteria is the key to the type of gene transfer that can lead to the spread of traits such as antibiotic resistance, said researchers from Oxford University.
Most people think that we perceive the five basic tastes -- sweet, sour, salty, bitter and umami (savoury) - with our tongue.
The brain cells suggest that human and other primates retain a visual pathway that traces back to the primitive systems of vertebrates like fish and frogs.
Here are a few tips for shooting stunning photos at Christmas.
Two entrepreneurial engineers from the Tec de Monterrey institute in Mexico have taken wearable technology beyond just emails and social networking, by creating a bracelet with a very specific purpose.
A researcher with Fluid Interfaces at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Media Lab, Coelho works at the cutting edge of wearable devices that may be smarter than the person wearing them.
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks: Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Panel Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's ignorance of PM Modi's schemes
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Exclusive: Heart-rending conditions of Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Simon Harmer overshadows Imran Tahir on Day 1 in 3rd Test
- Seventh anniversary of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks today
- Watch: How NASA astronauts are celebrating Thanksgiving in space!
- Shah Rukh Khan strikes a pose with ‘bestest’ friend Divya – See pic
- After brilliant century, Arjun Tendulkar claims four-wicket haul in U-16 match
- New poster: 'Har Har Mahadev', says Ranveer in 'Bajirao Mastani'!
- Online intolerance: Kerala journo faces threats for writing about madrasa child abuse
- Wear burqa in Switzerland and face a $9,835 fine
- US strike on hospital was frightening catalogue of errors: MSF