This warning has come through by way of a new book, 'How to Make a Spaceship', written by journalist Julian Guthrie, which contains an afterword by the physicist.
A new species of a ground-dwelling lizard has been discovered in Goregaon's Aarey Colony and Thane's Badlapur forested belts, 130 years after the last such gecko was discovered, and has been named after a Bengaluru-based scientist Varad Giri.
It is moving north with a slight clockwise rotation.
In the film, Hawking performs a hypothetical flyby of Gliese 832c, a potentially habitable exoplanet located 16 light years away.
High level of oxygen in ancient oceans were crucial for the emergence of skeletal animals 550 million years ago, a new study suggests. The study is the first to distinguish between bodies of water with low and high levels of oxygen.
China began operations of the world's largest radio telescope on Sunday in the mountainous region of Guizhou province.
A method to measure the limit to which human skin can be stretched has been developed by US researchers, which could help to grow new skin for burn victims.
Using a membrane extract from spinach leaves, Israeli researchers have developed a bio-photo-electro-chemical (BPEC) cell device that produces electricity and hydrogen from water using sunlight.
President Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday congratulated the scientists and engineers involved in the successful test firing of 'Barak-8', a surface-to-air missile.
Rocks formed by the grinding together of other rocks during earthquakes are rich in trapped hydrogen and similar seismic activity on Mars may produce enough hydrogen to support life, a study says.
A human skeleton found during the ongoing excavation of the famous Antikythera Shipwreck -- the largest ancient shipwreck ever discovered -- could provide an insight into the lives of people who lived 2100 years ago, say researchers.
China on Thursday launched its Tiangong-2 space lab into space paving the way for a permanent space station it plans to build around 2022.
A total of 1,913 of the 2,018 rhino horns stored in various treasuries of Assam have been examined so far by a panel which completed the checking of Barpeta treasury on Wednesday.
An Indo-American imaging scientist and inventor at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) has been conferred with the prestigious Lemelson-MIT Prize for his path-breaking inventions to improve lives globally.
Dinesh Bharadia, an Indian-born researcher at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) has won the prestigious 'Marconi Young Scholar' award in the US.
And to prove this point, every year since 1970s, NASA publishes a list of space technologies that have been amalgamated into everyday usage.
The radar was tested in mid-August, Russia Today quoted Chinese state-run Xinhua news agency as saying.
An examination of the ornamental fish market in southern China has led to the discovery of a new species and even a new genus of freshwater crab, researchers have reported.
The researchers, Debraj De and Sajal K. Das, along with their teammates created a wearable device for the wrist that can track a person's movements, ambient environment, bio-signals and much more.
A new species of snake discovered in Madagascar by a team of researchers has been named "ghost snake" for its pale grey colour and elusiveness.
Scientists are set to name a new fish after US President Barack Obama honouring his decision to create a new protected area off the Hawaiian coast.
These storms produce very strong winds that cause the ocean to swell, generating powerful waves.
Thanks to two 14-year olds in the US, we will probably be able to eat ice creams from cones without a mess!
The coatings may not only lead to everyday self-healing clothes, but also help create garments that are tailored for protection against chemical and biological warfare agents and that can repair themselves.
A team of engineers has used light to print 3D structures that "remember" their original shapes even after being stretched, twisted and bent at extreme angles
Exposure to a chemical used in many consumer products, including water bottles, can induce behavioural changes in turtles, reprogramming male turtle brains to exhibit behaviour common in females.
The silvery skin of fish like herrings, sardines, mackerel and tuna act like mirrors, reflecting their watery surroundings to better blend in and the effect serves as a kind of underwater invisibility cloak that helps them hide even from animals with super sight, new research has found.
We probably do it every day but scientists have only now discovered a distinct new way in which we move our eyes.
'Clean Air India Movement (CLAIM)', said to be India's largest anti-pollution campaign, on Tuesday bagged the 'Energy and Environment Foundation Global Award 2016' for efforts to tackle the problem of air toxicity.
Scientists have developed a tiny bioinspired soft robot capable of mimicking caterpillar gaits in natural scale, that can climb slopes, squeeze through narrow slits and transport loads. The 15-millimetre long soft robot harvests energy from green light and is controlled by spatially modulated laser beam.
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- India may not invite Pakistan for BRICS summit
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996 Part II
- Pakistan media praises Sushma Swaraj's speech in UNGA
- DNA: Today in History, 27th September, 2016
- India pulls out of SAARC summit in Islamabad
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA: Analyzing the reality of stone pelters and separatist in Kashmir Part-II
- Delhi Health Minister Satyandra Jain under income tax scanner
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok
- Big blow to Pakistan as SAARC Summit in Islamabad likely to be cancelled after India, 3 other countries boycott
- Trouble for Subramanian Swamy, Delhi Police obtain sanction to prosecute BJP leader for inflammatory article
- From Srinagar to Bikaner – Indian Air Force flexes its muscles along the western front
- SHAMEFUL! 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans shouted during Congress rally organised for Uri martyrs? WATCH
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Pakistani father teaches little girl how to fire AK47, makes her threaten PM Narendra Modi; video crashes internet - WATCH
- India vs New Zealand: Gautam Gambhir to replace injured Lokesh Rahul for 2nd Test at Eden Gardens?
- SHOCKING! Tannishtha Chatterjee walks out of 'Comedy Nights Bachao' over racist jokes
- Must watch video! This is how young Indian envoy silenced Pakistan at the United Nations
- 'Pakistan can’t take Narendra Modi’s restraint for granted for long'