The second full moon of July will be visible on Friday.
India has demonstrated the capability of launching 1.4 ton class of satellites using Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) and 2 ton class of satellites using Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) Mk II to Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO).
In a first, a Swiss researcher has found a novel method to produce high-quality fibre from gelatine - a natural biomaterial derived from collagen which is obtained from various animal by-products.
A Philippines-based company has developed a lamp that can run for eight hours at a stretch on a glass of water and two tablespoons of salt.
In a first, US scientists have engineered an artificial ribosome - the protein synthesisers of the cell - or what the scientists call 'protein-making factory' that may enable the production of new drugs and next-generation biomaterial.
More than a century after slavery officially ended in Brazil, DNA tests are giving Afro-Brazilians the intriguing chance to find out who they are beyond mere skin color.
Google Wednesday paid a special homage to "missile man" A P J Abdul Kalam by displaying a black ribbon on its homepage.
An Indian-origin couple in the US has invented a travel jacket with a built-in neck pillow, eye mask, earphone holders and various pockets to keep your phone, tablet and even a mini-blanket.
A twin tower in China's Jiangxi Province now has the world's largest LED wall, exceeding that of the 828-metre-high Burj Khalifa in Dubai, the world's tallest tower, a media report said on Wednesday.
A 23-year-old Indian-origin student in the US has developed water-resistant socks and launched a successful kickstarter campaign that blew past its business goal within two days, a media report said.
For the first time in India, Chennai-based Central Institute of Brackishwater Aquaculture (CIBA) succeeded in artificially breeding milkfish (Chanos chanos), locally known as "Paal Kendai" or "Poo Meen". Milkfish has the ability to grow in brackish water, seawater and even adapts to freshwater conditions.
While the world is looking to deploy drones for delivering groceries to hot piping pizzas, several giants like Amazon and Google are busy developing a drone traffic control system to tackle a scenario when these unmanned aerial vehicles will swarm the skies.
Intel with Micron has introduced a new kind of non-volatile data storage device which is denser, tougher and faster than the modern memory.
Simple and inexpensive ultraviolet light technology can kill food-borne pathogens on the surface of certain fruits such as apples and pears, scientists, including those of Indian-origin, have found.
China has built the world's fastest charging electric buses, with a battery that takes barely 10 seconds to be fully charged.
China is building the world's largest radio telescope whose dish size will be equivalent to 30 football fields.
The chimpanzees in Uganda's Budongo forest have a new healthy recipe in hand. They have started to boost the minerals in their diet by eating clay which also helps them 'detox' and digest their food, says a new study.
It sounds like a science-fiction nightmare. But "killer robots" have the likes of British scientist Stephen Hawking and Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak fretting, and warning they could fuel ethnic cleansing and an arms race.
Former president APJ Abdul Kalam was concerned about people with disability and along with his team developed lightweight prosthetics from space-age material to enable disabled children to walk easily.
The mood was sombre at the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, the ISRO unit in the Kerala capital, as the staff on Tuesday paid tribute to former president APJ Abdul Kalam who died on Monday.
The dreaded Tyrannosaurus rex and its dinosaur cousins were successful predators partly due to unique teeth designed like steak knives that allowed them to tear through the flesh of their prey, a new study has found.
The Oxford English Dictionary has launched a search to find the first recorded use in English of the word 'email'.
Despite being an eminent scientist and holding a commanding position as India's president, APJ Abdul Kalam used to empathise with people from all sections of society and never displayed a shred of pomposity, say eminent nuclear physicists.
An early social behaviour called gaze shifting is linked to infants' ability to learn sounds of new languages, says a new study.
A NASA researcher has developed a wi-fi chip for wireless phones, computers and wearable devices that uses 100 times less power than traditional receivers.
Scientists have for the first time reconstructed part of the male chromosome in polar bears and have found out why the Y chromosome is so important.
In an open letter to the United Nations, more than 1,000 robotics experts and artificial intelligence researchers have asked for a ban on the development and use of autonomous weapons, better known as, ''killer robots''.
Writer's block may soon be a thing of the past, as scientists are developing a smartphone app that aims to measure and boost the mind's creative ability.
Why is a similar task done efficiently by one person and not-so-well by the other? Scientists now have the answer.
India's most loved president, renowned scientist and Bharat Ratna, APJ Abdul Kalam passed away after suffering a cardiac arrest while delivering a lecture to students at IIM-Shillong on Monday evening. He was 84.
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Special: 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's case history
- DNA: A shattered Rameswaram waits to pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- SC rejects Yakub Memon's plea against death warrant
- Three-storey building collapses in Thane, six dead
- President Pranab Mukherjee rejects Yakub Memon's mercy plea
- Heavy rains trigger floods, landslides in Gujarat and Rajasthan
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- Watch: Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- Dirty politics over a terrorist's execution; will this ever end?
- Yakub Memon files fresh mercy plea with President
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report
- APJ Abdul Kalam was just an ordinary scientist: Pakistan's AQ Khan
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Serena Williams, Sania Mirza top WTA rankings
- Yakub Memon lawyer says 'no comments' when asked about Supreme Court's order
- ISIS preparing to attack India, readying for 'final battle': Report
- Mysterious white balls seen flying over Japan- Watch
- Salman Khan backs Ranbir Kapoor over 'flops'?
- Delhi HC issues show cause notice to ACB Chief MK Meena on AAP govt's contempt plea
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh