In local areas with strong magnetism, the solar wind flow is restricted on the surface at the same time as adjacent areas receive an increased flow.
The image was taken in visible light with the Cassini spacecraft narrow-angle camera on July 29, 2015.
NASA listed all the research equipments that Cygnus will carry to the ISS.
The weakening intensity of the Earth's magnetic field may actually be coming down to normal rather than approaching a reversal, a new study says.
Some of the first large organisms on the Earth formed ecosystems that were much more complex than previously thought, an analysis of the feeding habits of a 555-million-year-old organism revealed.
In a bid to resume NASA's commercial supply efforts to the orbiting international laboratory, the first flight of Orbital ATK's enhanced Cygnus spacecraft will carry more than 7,000 pounds of equipment and experiments to the International Space Station (ISS).
Last year when Italy sent an espresso machine up to the International Space Station (ISS), researchers wondered how astronauts would sip their double shot espresso in a zero-gravity situation in space.
The three satellites launched this year for China's indigenous navigation satellite system are sending twice as many signals as their predecessors, said the system designer after completing tests on the new units.
NASA scientists are utilising Black Friday to talk about black holes. Using the hashtag #BlackHoleFriday, Nasa’s Twitter account, @NASA, is posting interesting facts and pictures on black holes.
NASA’s Spitzer Space Telescope suggest that the unusual light signals coming from a star called KIC 8462852 are likely coming from dusty comet fragments swarming around it.
Scientists for the first time caught a glimpse of a black hole swallowing a star and shooting out a high-speed flare of matter at the centre of a nearby galaxy.
The James Webb Space Telescope will be the premier astronomical observatory of the next decade.
Expedition 45 Commander Scott Kelly and Flight Engineer Kjell Lindgren of NASA send Thanksgiving greetings back to Earth.
The US space agency is planning to launch two sounding rockets over Norway this winter to study how particles move in a region near the North Pole where Earth's magnetic field is directly connected to the solar wind.
The resulting rubble from Phobos - rocks of various sizes and a lot of dust - would continue to orbit Mars and quickly distribute themselves around the planet in a ring.
Scientists suggest that 3.8 billion years ago, Mars might have had a moderately dense atmosphere.
Max represents the Mars Generation - the young people who will help propel NASA on a journey to the Red Planet.
The launch of the H-IIA rocket was originally scheduled at 3:23 pm (0623 GMT), but was delayed by roughly 30 minutes.
Mitra, a distinguished alumnus of Mumbai University, said NASA's observation of giant X-ray flares from black hole can be most naturally explained by this MECO paradigm.
Below are a few things that happens when astronauts go to the International Space Station.
LkCa15 is a young star with a transition disk around it, a cosmic whirling dervish, a birthplace for planets.
The EarthKAM program allows students to request photographs of specific Earth features, which are taken by a special camera mounted on the space station when it passes over those features.
A new study has identified a "dead" galaxy that seems to be densely packed with dark matter.
Stressing that the country's pride resides in its glorious heritage, Indian Space Research Organisation Chairman A S Kiran Kumar on Saturday said its ancient texts which could yield vital knowledge, if verified, studied and researched properly, should not be disregarded.
In a significant step toward expanding research opportunities aboard the International Space Station (ISS) and reducing its dependence on Russian launch facilities, NASA has ordered California based-company SpaceX to launch astronauts from US soil.
The US space agency NASA released a series of 10 close-ups of Pluto that depicts an entire day on the dwarf planet. A day of Pluto is equivalent to 6.4 Earth days.
A research has been published that can challenge the underlying principles of physics.
According to NASA, the reason for the peculiar shape of NGC 3610 stems from its formation history.
NASA researchers are spending at least the next six months poring over data from a test that involved sending volcanic ash through an airplane engine.
It consists of the spacecraft’s main heat shield that faces into the atmosphere on re-entry to slow the spaceship down and also the grid of tiles known as the back shell.
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- SC asks Govinda to apologise for slapping a fan in 2008
- Parliamentary debate over alleged intolerance in India commences
- Aamir Khan should learn from Baba Sahib Ambedkar, says Mayawati
- DNA: Heart-wrenching story of Major Dhruv Yadav's family
- Global Warming - a war to be fought
- Exclusive: Piyush Goyal optimistic of reaching a deal at Paris climate summit
- Kanpur: Minor girl raped in moving train, attendant arrested
- Intolerance debate continues in Parliament
- Paris Summit: Protecting our planet & nature is a priority for India, says PM Modi
- DNA: Meet Noor Jahan, who was praised by PM Modi in 'Mann ki Baat''
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India
- Bigg Boss: Rimi Sen to get evicted?
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Watch: Purification in Maharashtra's Shani temple after woman breaks tradition
- Spirituality: Chant this Mantra dedicated to Lord Shiva on Monday
- Javed Miandad at it again, says India can't be trusted