With a recent NASA study confirming presence of water on Mars, Indian-origin scientist working with the US space agency Amitabh Ghosh on Friday said that a few other planets in our solar system too may have water, increasing the possibility of finding life there.
Asteroid 86666 (2000 FL10), which could be up to 2.6km wide, has the potential to end life on the planet but fortunately will narrowly miss Earth.
Mars Science Laboratory presents recent results of its quest to not just follow the water but to understand where it came from, and how long it lasted on the surface of Mars so long ago.
The Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) should be made India's primary navigation system, said a top scientist on Thursday.
The US space agency announced the breakthrough Pluto discovery on Thursday.
India has entered into the realm of satellite-based navigation with its two "pioneering" projects GAGAN and IRNSS.
51 Pegasi b was the first planet spotted around a “normal” star like our Sun.
The fast-moving, wave-like structures are unlike anything ever observed, or even predicted in a circumstellar disk, researchers noted.
NASA has already released stunning images of Pluto, which show a landscape of mountains, craters and gorges on the surface.
China launched four satellites on Wednesday for commercial remote-sensing services, an important step in the development of remote-sensing space technology.
China has successfully launched first of its kind of three cube satellites (CubeSats) which will help in tracking civil aircraft and ships and avoid tragedies like the missing flight MH370, official media said.
NASA has successfully completed key heat shield tests for the future exploration spacecrafts that will scout the Red Planet for signs of life.
Mathematicians at University of Southampton have now found a new way to measure the mass of pulsars.
The image of the dazzling nighttime panorama was captured by an astronaut aboard the International Space Station while looking north across Pakistan’s Indus River valley.
The film depicts Acidalia Planitia as smooth, but in reality images show a rough and hazardous terrain.
ISRO has stated that more analysis is required on the Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM).
NASA is funding Bruce Bugbee to help grow food in difficult space conditions.
As the powerful Hurricane Joaquin was slamming the Bahamas, NASA astronaut Scott Kelly captured a stunning photo of the storm on Friday morning from the International Space Station (ISS).
A 3D printed ice shelter designed for Mars, which aims to rely on the red planet's predicted liquid water and low temperatures, has won the first-place award of USD 25,000 in NASA's Mars habitat design competition.
In possibly one of the most well-known experiments, Mars500 had six men spend 520 days in a pressurized facility in Russia – the longest simulated space mission to date.
While you enjoy spectacular landscapes and a lone astronaut's fight for survival in Matt Damon-starrer Â“The Martian,Â” Mars Curiosity rover has sent a stunning Â“postcardÂ” after it drilled its eighth hole on the Red Planet.
Space experts were left astonished when they saw a video of Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) in the northern suburbs of Oregon and appeared to show a bright object drifting through the sunset.
NASA has released the highest resolution images of Pluto`s largest moon, Charon.
Water reserves found on the moon are the result of asteroids acting as "delivery vehicles" and not of falling comets as was previously thought, new research has found.
As NASA is planning to send humans on Mars by 2030, its researchers back on the Earth are experimenting with astronauts for whom readapting to gravity and walking through the obstacle course after a deep space travel will not be an easy task.
In its quest to explore Venus, near-earth objects and bizarre metal asteroids, the US space agency has zeroed on five key science investigations among 27 proposals through its ambitious Discovery programme.
Isolated Australian communities are a step closer to high-speed internet after the successful launch of one of two new satellites specifically designed for the country's National Broadband Network.
NASA's Dawn spacecraft continued to amaze, yet puzzle scientists with its tantalizing views and other data about the dwarf planet Ceres.
In a belated response, state-run Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on Wednesday said it would contest the damages an international arbitration court awarded to its commercial arm for cancelling a satellite contract in 2011 with a multimedia services provider.
Andhra Pradesh is looking at Rs.20,000 crore investments in the aerospace and defence manufacturing sector by 2020, Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu said here on Wednesday.
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali's concert canceled following threats from Shiv Sena
- Bihar polls: PM Modi addresses rally in Munger
- Thousands stuck in major jam on China's 50-lane expressway
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Dadri lynching was a pre-planned conspiracy: Mulayam Singh
- Indian Air Force celebrates 83rd foundation day
- Compulsion to be Hindu in order to attend Garba festival?
- DNA: Analysis of how Arvind Kejriwal used the Dadri incident in his favour
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Ghulam Ali 'very hurt' with Mumbai concert cancellation, gets Delhi govt's invite for show
- 'If Rashid holds 1000 beef parties, we will thrash him thousand times'
- Bizarre! Saudi man sexually assaults maid, wife faces jail
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- US in talks with Pakistan on limiting its nuclear weapons: Report
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- India vs South Africa: Three players MS Dhoni should include for 3rd T20I