Last year when Italy sent an espresso machine up to the International Space Station (ISS), researchers wondered how astronauts would sip their double shot espresso in a zero-gravity situation in space.
The three satellites launched this year for China's indigenous navigation satellite system are sending twice as many signals as their predecessors, said the system designer after completing tests on the new units.
NASA scientists are utilising Black Friday to talk about black holes. Using the hashtag #BlackHoleFriday, Nasa’s Twitter account, @NASA, is posting interesting facts and pictures on black holes.
NASA’s Spitzer Space Telescope suggest that the unusual light signals coming from a star called KIC 8462852 are likely coming from dusty comet fragments swarming around it.
Scientists for the first time caught a glimpse of a black hole swallowing a star and shooting out a high-speed flare of matter at the centre of a nearby galaxy.
The James Webb Space Telescope will be the premier astronomical observatory of the next decade.
Expedition 45 Commander Scott Kelly and Flight Engineer Kjell Lindgren of NASA send Thanksgiving greetings back to Earth.
The US space agency is planning to launch two sounding rockets over Norway this winter to study how particles move in a region near the North Pole where Earth's magnetic field is directly connected to the solar wind.
The resulting rubble from Phobos - rocks of various sizes and a lot of dust - would continue to orbit Mars and quickly distribute themselves around the planet in a ring.
Scientists suggest that 3.8 billion years ago, Mars might have had a moderately dense atmosphere.
Max represents the Mars Generation - the young people who will help propel NASA on a journey to the Red Planet.
The launch of the H-IIA rocket was originally scheduled at 3:23 pm (0623 GMT), but was delayed by roughly 30 minutes.
Mitra, a distinguished alumnus of Mumbai University, said NASA's observation of giant X-ray flares from black hole can be most naturally explained by this MECO paradigm.
Below are a few things that happens when astronauts go to the International Space Station.
LkCa15 is a young star with a transition disk around it, a cosmic whirling dervish, a birthplace for planets.
The EarthKAM program allows students to request photographs of specific Earth features, which are taken by a special camera mounted on the space station when it passes over those features.
A new study has identified a "dead" galaxy that seems to be densely packed with dark matter.
Stressing that the country's pride resides in its glorious heritage, Indian Space Research Organisation Chairman A S Kiran Kumar on Saturday said its ancient texts which could yield vital knowledge, if verified, studied and researched properly, should not be disregarded.
In a significant step toward expanding research opportunities aboard the International Space Station (ISS) and reducing its dependence on Russian launch facilities, NASA has ordered California based-company SpaceX to launch astronauts from US soil.
The US space agency NASA released a series of 10 close-ups of Pluto that depicts an entire day on the dwarf planet. A day of Pluto is equivalent to 6.4 Earth days.
A research has been published that can challenge the underlying principles of physics.
According to NASA, the reason for the peculiar shape of NGC 3610 stems from its formation history.
NASA researchers are spending at least the next six months poring over data from a test that involved sending volcanic ash through an airplane engine.
It consists of the spacecraft’s main heat shield that faces into the atmosphere on re-entry to slow the spaceship down and also the grid of tiles known as the back shell.
In a bid to bolster its effort to prepare humans for deeper space missions, NASA engineers have refined the key thermal protection system of Orion - new exploration spacecraft designed to ferry astronauts to asteroid and Mars.
The star's extraordinary magnetic field is potentially associated with a constant flurry of solar-flare-like eruptions.
This video was taken by NASA’s Solar Dynamics Observatory on November 11-12, 2015.
The astronaut posted the dazzling image on his Twitter account on Wednesday.
By measuring the mass of a nearby dwarf galaxy, astronomers have found the highest concentration of dark matter in any known galaxy.
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources
- Delhi: Cash van driver in who fled with Rs 22.5 crore arrested
- Panel discussion on India-Pakistan cricket series
- GST deadlock: PM Modi invites Sonia Gandhi, Manmohan Singh for tea
- When will 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed get arrested?
- PoK will remain with Pakistan: Farooq Abdullah
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!
- Married actor in love with co-star; wife confronts, separates!
- Watch: This story of Kashmiri Pandits will make you cry
- Muslim group wants PM Modi to ban polygamy, order compulsory marriage registration
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- There will be bloodshed if attempt is made to change Constitution: Mallikarjun Kharge
- Indrani Mukerjea opened bank accounts in name of Sheena Bora in Singapore: Peter to CBI
- #RahulStumped? No...he was `inspiring`, `spirited`, says Bengaluru girl - Read her post here
- After 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan', Salman Khan's 'PRDP' strikes gold
- Swaragini: If not Swara, who kidnapped Ragini?