An international team of researchers has for the first time predicted the occurrence of aurorae visible to the naked eye on a planet other than Earth.
In March 2016, NASA will send a unique Mars lander to explore the Red Planet's deep interior to find clues about how all rocky planets, including the Earth, formed and evolved.
Scientists have found a young planetary system which may enable them to understand what our own solar system looked like as 'toddler' billions of years ago.
Astronomers have discovered for the first time a rear-end collision between two high-speed knots of ejected matter.
NASA's New Horizons spacecraft, on way to meet Pluto, has taken fresh images of the mysterious planet that reveal more detail about its complex and high contrast surface.
Buzz Aldrin, former NASA astronaut and the second man on the Moon felt that the first human beings who go to Mars shouldn't return to the Earth.
Supernovas or massive explosions that mark the end of a star's life plays an important role in sweeping out gas that fuels star-forming factories in the galaxy, new research has found.
Researchers from the Planetary Science Institute will be studying Jupiter`s moon Europa, NASA has announced.
Exploring Venus will now seem to be easier with Northrop Grumman's new idea of an inflatable aircraft.
Unable to reach a comparable geological contact farther south on Red Planet, NASA's Curiosity rover has now approached an alternative site for investigating a geological boundary.
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) on Monday launched a strategic framework for its newly-established space agency that aims to launch satellite missions and the "first Arab unmanned probe" to Mars by 2021.
Chinese businessman Liu Dejian, founder of online gaming company NetDragon Websoft and a “Star Trek” fan, has modelled his company's new headquarters on the Starship Enterprise spacecraft, the main setting for several productions in the Star Trek franchise.
US astronaut Terry Virts aboard the International Space Station (ISS) has captured a breathtaking view of the night sky.
NASA engineers are set to prepare the International Space Station (ISS) for the future arrival of US commercial crew and cargo vehicles.
The moons of exoplanets may have all the right conditions to support alien life, suggests a new study.
State-owned Masdar Institute of Science and Technology is ramping up its efforts to support the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in achieving its goal of sending an unmanned space probe to Mars by 2021, a media report said on Saturday.
NASA`s Hubble space telescope has spotted a weird star in our galaxy and has been nicknamed "nasty" owing to its behaviour never seen before.
India has "lost interest" in the Russian project for the soil sample taking at the south pole of the Moon after "mutual refusal from cooperation, Russia's official media reported.
India's accomplishment in becoming the only Asian country to send a spacecraft to Mars has earned it a place in the top rankings of space-faring nations, a report by a Chinese research institution has said.
The Indian Space Research Organisation is developing its maiden reusable space shuttle which will be test-launched towards the second half of July.
Modern techniques are required to detect faults before a system failure happens, a top Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) official said here on Friday.
A team of astronomers has uncovered surprising new clues about a hefty, rapidly ageing star whose behavior has never been seen before in our Milky Way galaxy.
US space agency NASA said on Thursday that its Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) telescope has discovered a remote galaxy that shines with the light of more than 300 trillion suns, making it the most luminous galaxy ever found.
Back-to-back rocket launch failures have dealt Russia one of the heaviest blows to its space industry since the Soviet collapse -- with national pride and billions of dollars at stake.
The union cabinet on Thursday gave its approval for the constinuation of the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) programme for 15 operational flights (PSLV-C36 to PSLV-C50).
SpaceX's Dragon cargo capsule has successfully returned to Earth from the International Space Station with some 3,000 pounds of equipment and experiments inside it.
A team of astronomers has witnessed a supernova smashing into a nearby star, shocking it and creating an ultraviolet glow that reveals the size of the companion.
A team of Australian and Spanish astronomers have caught a greedy galaxy gobbling on its neighbours and leaving crumbs of evidence about its dietary past.
With help from NASA, a small research satellite to test technology for in-space solar propulsion has been launched into space.
India will launch an advanced communications satellite (GSAT-6) in July or August for strategic applications, its space agency chief said on Wednesday.
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India