Cozy home 3D printed in less than 24 hours in Russia
Moscow: In a first, an unusual home has been 3D-printed by a Russian startup company in less that a day using a portable machine.
A mobile 3D printer created the building's concrete walls and partitions as a fully connected structure, rather than printing the building in panels at an off-site facility as is usually done, the company said.
The portable machine was then removed from the building, and the home was completed by adding the roof and windows, and finishing the interior.
The cozy, 37-square-meters home with an unusual, curved shape has all of the standard features of a traditionally built house.
"We want to help people around the world to improve their living conditions," said Nikita Chen-yun-tai, the Russian startup Apis Cor's founder and inventor of the mobile printer.
"That's why the construction process needs to become fast, efficient and high-quality as well. For this to happen, we need to delegate all the hard work to smart machines," she said.
The curved design of the home was chosen to demonstrate the 3D printer's ability to print the construction material in any shape, 'Live Science' reported.
The studio-style dwelling has a hall, bathroom, living room and compact kitchen.
The company estimated that the total cost of the house's construction was about USD 275 per square metre.
Of the total USD 10,134 it cost to build the home, the windows and doors were the most expensive components, the company said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested