Pakistan's Data Science Lab makes Urdu-Hindi Dictionary
Islamabad: The Data Science Lab in Lahore's Information Technology University has made an application called the Urdu-Hindi Dictionary that will enable people to find the translation of any word in Arabic, Urdu, Hindi or English.
More than 542 million people on the planet speak either Hindi or Urdu which makes them one of the most common languages spoken, Mit Techonology Review reported.
"Due to its popularity, Roman Urdu and Roman Hindi is emerging as a language so the Urdu-Hindi Dictionary has a lot of potential," says Faisal Kamiran, director of the Data Science Lab.
"Our research is mainly about understanding this Roman Urdu text which is used very frequently in SMS, Facebook, Tweets and other forms of social media," Kamiran said.
"It becomes a bit more complicated because there are several variations of the same word in Roman Urdu. The same word ‘kursi' can also be written as kursee or even kurrsi."
The application can be used to translate from Roman Urdu to English, Roman Hindi to English, and even English to Urdu, Hindi and Arabic.
Each category provides you with the translated word along with its definition, synonyms and verbs.
The Urdu-Hindi Dictionary offers a simple user interface with more than 10 different categories for user convenience such as fruits, vegetables, animals, profession, elements, and tools.
In order to retain the user's interest, the application offers timed quizzes to test their vocabulary.
The application is currently available for download on Google Store.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'