Researchers from University of Glasgow in the UK have for the first time integrated power-generating photovoltaic cells into the electronic skin made of graphene.
The protein material designed and modelled by researchers, including those from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the US, expands and contracts based on changing pH levels and ion concentrations.
For decades, researchers from a range of different fields have tried to explain the phenomenon of humour and what happens on a cognitive level in the moment when we "get the joke".
The exceptionality of this discovery is that observing five new states all at once is a rather unique event, researchers said.
Compared with other primates, the large hole at the base of the human skull where the spinal cord passes through, known as the foramen magnum, is shifted forward.
The small reactor has a maximum output of just 1 watt, and is used exclusively for academic purposes.
In a laboratory model, Das showed that exosomes isolated from astrocytes transfected with microRNA-124a both improved astrocyte uptake of glutamate and increased neuron survival.
Scientists began by creating eight versions of the Mona Lisa that differed only in gradual changes to the curvature of her mouth.
The excavation work was started in the second week of February by Prof Mishra and the team.
Researchers reported the first examples of thorium with multiple bonds to arsenic to exist under ambient conditions on multi-gram scales where before they had only been prepared on very small scales at temperatures approaching that of interstellar space.
The bio-based glue performed better than 10 commercial adhesives when used to bond polished aluminium.
A team of archeologists in Egypt have discovered a massive statue in a Cairo slum which may be of pharaoh Ramses II, one of the country's most famous ancient rulers.
The fragments of the quartzite statue were found by Egyptian and German archaeologists in the heavily populated Ain Shams and Matariya districts.
The search for extraterrestrial intelligence has looked for many different signs of alien life, from radio broadcasts to laser flashes, without success.
The solidification is reversible and enables damaged armor surfaces to be repaired 'on-the-fly' in the field.
If humanity is to survive to see the future, then we might need to form a world government, Hawking said.
Neanderthals lived in parts of Europe, Central Asia and the Middle East for up to 300,000 years but appear to have vanished some 40,000 years ago.
The cozy, 37-square-meters home with an unusual, curved shape has all of the standard features of a traditionally built house.
The British museum's Professor Paul Barrett says the fossil's "lasting historical legacy" is that it establishes birds as dinosaurs.
Using cellulose acetate the number of hydrogen bonds in this material was reduced by the acetate groups.
A recent study has shown that plants may offer a green solution keeping in mind the effect of 3D printing.
They have used a 3D scaffold and the body's master stem cells, an advance that may explain why more than two out of three human pregnancies fail.
The last primate found in the area was 38 years ago. So, in addition to being a new species, this is the first primate fossil found in the area in decades.
The new pixel detector was installed in a complex and delicate procedure 100 metres underground. The first major upgrade to the LHC may boost the hunt for new sub-atomic particles.
The "bong" of Big Ben is produced when its huge 200kg hammer hits the side of the bell, setting off vibrations in the metal and causing the entire bell to pulsate, researchers said.
Scientists believe dark matter - theorised, unseen particles that neither reflect nor absorb light, but are able to exert gravity - may comprise 80 per cent of the matter in the universe.
Researchers from The University of Manchester in the UK showed the feasibility of engineering a universal Turing machine (UTM) - a computer that can be programmed to compute anything any other device can process.
The tiny fossils -- half the width of a human hair and up to half-a-millimetre in length -- take the form of blood-red tubes and filaments formed by ocean-dwelling bacteria that fed on iron.
Seaweed – large marine algae, or macroalgae – is also rich in vitamin B12, iodine and poly-unsaturated fatty-acids which are essential for brain development.
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- BMC serves notices to 500 senior doctors on strike, asks to resume work
- Terror attack outside British Parliament, several injured
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- PoK residents protest against Pakistan’s move to make Gilgit-Baltistan its fifth province
- Exclusive: What keeps Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid dispute still unresolved?
- Delhi doctors wear helmets to work in support to their counterparts in Maharashtra
- Why terror attacks are increasing in European countries
- DNA: Analysing the problem of water scarcity in India
- Yogi wave: Crackdown on slaughterhouses in UP
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- 'ISIS letter' in Varanasi challenges Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath to stop mayhem on March 24
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Raju Srivastava to replace Sunil Grover?
- Why the name of an Andaman island a matter of shame for Indian patriots? - BJP MP has an answer
- Kapil Sharma case: Bombay HC stays FIR against comedian, directs BMC to resolve dispute
- SUDDEN INSPECTION! What happened when Yogi Adityanath paid surprise visit to Hazratganj police station
- VIRAL VIDEO: Here's what some Muslims did when Yogi Adityanath became UP CM
- Baby born with rare condition labelled 'alien' by shocked mom who refused to nurse him