The concept of time travel first came into existence after HG Wells' 1885 book 'Time Machine', which piqued people's curiosity – and scientists have worked to solve or disprove the theory.
The tombs, thought to be from either the late West Han (206 BC-24 AD) or early East Han (24-220 AD) dynasties, were discovered in November at a construction site in Huaihua city.
The building could also be completely customised to the needs of a particular site and the desires of its maker.
Burton from the University of Adelaide said cracking barley`s genetic code was a "major achievement" which could lead to healthier beers and lower beer production costs.
Researchers, who looked at the physics behind releasing a projectile with the human arm in a series of calculations, suggest that a slow underarm throw is the best strategy for getting a piece of paper into a nearby bin.
Researchers used naturally occurring pigment found in jamun as an inexpensive photosensitiser for Dye Sensitised Solar Cells (DSSCs) or Gratzel cells.
The ancient fungus-like life forms, found in fossilised gas bubbles 800 metres (2,600 feet) underground in South Africa's Northern Cape Province, are remarkable not just for their age but their origin, the researchers said.
There have been similar finds in the Foshan region, which has gained a reputation in the scientific community for revealing valuable information from the Cretaceous period.
Researchers Subbiah Arunachalam, Muthu Madhan and Subbiah Gunasekaran carried out a scientometric analysis of contributions from India in leading multidisciplinary chemistry journals over the 25-year period 1991-2015.
The material, which remained liquid, was washed out in a solvent bath, leaving only the desired cured structure.
Aligned carbon nanotube sheets are suitable for a wide range of application spanning from the micro to the macro-scales, Tawfick noted in the study published in the journal Advanced Engineering Materials.
While hundreds of people were lining up to join the march, dozens of volunteers were handing out signs with the official slogan of the protest: "Science, not Silence".
The March for Science demonstrations have been organised in response to what is seen as mounting political pressure on facts-based evidence.
Data from the study concluded there was no evidence for the popular theory that Homo floresiensis evolved from the much larger Homo erectus, the only other early hominid known to have lived in the region with fossils discovered on the Indonesian mainland of Java.
Researchers from Stanford University in the US developed a mathematical model for designing new materials for storing electricity.
In Coimbatore, the organisation for science education, School of Science, is organising the satellite march around the city's race course.
The ratio of female to male scientists on Twitter (0.62) was greater than the ratio of female to male authors on US-based scientific papers (0.43), the findings showed.
Mammals and reptiles share a common ancestor, with the earliest mammal-like animals appearing in the Late Triassic about 200 million years ago.
Wikipedia defines naked singularity as "a gravitational singularity without an event horizon."
The tomb, discovered in the Draa Abul Nagaa necropolis near the famed Valley of the Kings, belonged to a nobleman who worked as the city judge, the ministry said in a statement.
Scientists have developed a new method for extracting gold that reduces the cost of production of the precious metal by up to 40 per cent and dramatically decreases the amount of time needed to do so.
The technology can recognise the numbers zero to nine with 90 per cent accuracy using electroencephalogram (EEG) readings while the subject utters the numbers.
Scientists set up an expedition and found live specimens of Kuphus polythalamia planted like carrots in the mud of a shallow lagoon.
The new sensor collects sweat, measures its molecular constituents, such as chloride ions and glucose and then transmits the results for analysis and diagnostics.
Researchers used a novel technique to isolate the paint fragments before dating them, as well as 13 other fragments from rock art sites across southern Africa, including in Lesotho and South Africa.
The term asupercritical` describes the state of carbon dioxide above its critical temperature of 31 degrees Celsius and critical pressure of 73 atmospheres, making it twice as dense as steam.
The chips are translucent, giving researchers a window into the inner workings of the organ being studied.
Identifying the process and mechanism driving this synthesis has been one of the largest questions concerning the origin of life.
In a first, scientists have developed a new device that can harvest water from air everyday by using ambient sunlight, even in dry or desert climates.
- Delhi deputy CM Manish Sisodia calls Anna Hazare 'fraud'
- Yogi effect: Wearing saffron outfit is the latest trend in UP
- Don't make triple talaq a political issue, appeals PM Modi
- How long will the triple talaq issue continue to bother Muslims?
- Are the youth in Kashmir forced to join terror forces? Terrorist bears all
- Raid in retired colonel's house in Meerut; firearms, animal skin, 1 crore cash recovered
- Watch: PM Modi addresses people at International Basavanna Convention
- Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement over Kashmir issue
- Enough is enough: Video of CRPF soldier seeking revenge for Sukma martyrs goes viral
- DNA: Analysing the harmful effects of plastic toys
- DNA: Sudden rise in demand for nuclear shelters in Japan - Are they feeling threatened?
- DNA: Analysing how petrol pumps are making frauds on measurements
- DNA: How villagers bid adieu to Sukma attack martyr Banna Ram
- Huge crowd gathers to pay last respects to 24-year-old martyr Capt Ayush Yadav
- Kashmir violence: Centre refuses to talk to Kashmiri separatist leaders
- 7th Pay Commission: Report on allowances submitted- Finance Ministry statement
- Is Dawood Ibrahim dead? Chhota Shakeel reveals about underworld don's health
- IPL 2017: Ever seen MS Dhoni swing this hard? Here's what happened to the ball — WATCH
- 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' makes history, becomes first film to enter Rs 100 crore club on Day 1
- IPL 2017: Jasprit Bumrah hunts down Lions in their own den, as Mumbai beat Gujarat in Super Over – Watch Video
- Retd Colonel's residence raided in Meerut; 50,000 cartridges, 40 rifles, pistols, Rs 1 cr cash, 117 kg meat seized
- Anna Hazare called 'BJP Agent' on Twitter, Manish Sisodia retweets it
- GL vs MI: 1 run needed from 1 ball, and then 'game-changer' Ravindra Jadeja shows his master-class – Watch Video
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion – Check out final opening day breakup at Box Office
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion - SS Rajamouli's magnum opus takes Box Office by storm, shatters all records
- Bizarre! Girl's 'two-faced' mirror reflection creates sensation on social media – See pic
- Bollywood diva Disha Patani rates Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh on a scale of 1 to 10 – Watch Video
- If there's a referendum in Balochistan, people will vote for India, says top Baloch leader
- India contributes to UN Peace Keeping Force in Cyprus: PM Narendra Modi
- After Sukma attack, a CRPF jawan says 'enough is enough...no money required, only vengeance` - Watch