Researchers found that when using a phone, irrespective of how it is being used, people look less frequently and for less time at the obstacle on the ground.
Drinking water contaminated with pathogenic bacteria can cause serious illnesses that, in areas with spotty medical services, are potentially life-threatening without proper treatment.
This new robotic drones can efficiently navigate cityscapes with parking spots, no-fly zones and landing pads.
This strange-looking hybrid, with its bulbous nose and retractable wings, designed by a Slovakian company, is scheduled to go into series production by 2020.
The study indicate that the mind's building blocks for constructing complex thoughts are formed by the brain's various sub-systems and are not word-based.
The modules are made of both rigid and flexible materials and contain embedded magnets that connect and lock multiple modules together.
The breakthrough was made by the team from the Australian National University (ANU), reports Xinhua news agency.
The individual hieroglyphs each measure just over a half metre in height, and the entire tableau is about 70 centimetres in height.
The film, inspired by the nanostructures found on moth eyes, exhibits a surface reflection of just 0.23 per cent, much lower than the iPhone's surface reflection of 4.4 per cent.
Traditional cameras - even those on the thinnest of cell phones - cannot be truly flat due to their optics: lenses that require a certain shape and size in order to function.
At a time when the quest is for smaller and faster units with infinite battery life, researchers from the University of California-Riverside have built topological insulators (TI) for quicker and longer-lasting electronics.
Historical accounts of bright nights go back centuries. European newspapers and the scientific literature also carried observations of these events in 1783, 1908 and 1916.
Self-driving robotic health clinics that treats patinets on the street could soon become a reality in the future.
According to the report, Dr Kaw was suffering from Parkinson's disease and had recently undergone a bypass surgery.
The research, published in the journal Scientific Reports, used 3D printers to create the struts that make up one of the primary components of the tensegrity structure.
The robot with four arms and eight sticks writes and plays its own compositions on a marimba, using a database of well-known pop, classical and jazz artists.
Researchers at the University of Waterloo in the US showed that the waste energy can be used to operate secondary systems, such as air conditioning or refrigeration units, when the vehicles are stopped and idling.
As part of efforts to understand the emotional side of the brain, researchers in the US have for the first time pinpointed areas directly responsible for emotional spillover.
A crocodile has bitten a zookeeper's head before violently thrashing him from side to side while he screamed in agony.
Stereoscopic vision is the brain's ability to decode the flat 2D optical information received by both eyes to give us the depth of perception needed to thread a needle, catch a ball, park a car and generally navigate a 3D world.
The team from Canadian startup Maluuba used a branch of AI called reinforcement learning to play the 1980s arcade game Ms Pac-Man perfectly.
Scientists have developed a plant that uses carbon dioxide in the air to produce renewable fuels and chemicals, an advance that could help reduce greenhouse gas emissions and reliance on fossil fuels.
While there are many amphibious armoured vehicles in the world, most of them move very slowly in the water.
The findings, published this week in the journal Nature, demonstrate that magnetic properties can exist even in the 2-D realm, opening a world of potential applications, as magnetic materials form the basis of technologies that play increasingly pivotal roles in our lives today
Researchers, including those from Carnegie Institution for Science in the US, pressurised and heated a structurally disordered form of carbon called glassy carbon.
Researchers from Duke University Medical Center in Durham said the improved vaccine added three more targets to a human vaccine candidate that showed a promise.
The robot, AI-MATHS, completed two versions of the exam's math test. It finished the test in 22 minutes, scoring 105 points out of 150 points, without Internet support. It scored 100 points on another version of the test.
The study proved that material chromium tri-chloride has magnetic properties in the mono-layer form, which may open up a world of potential applications possibly in the information technology industry.
The biggest unmanned ground vehicle competition in the world for university students, it was held at Oakland University in Michigan.
Precision radiology is the new thing which makes use of feature engineering and deep learning methods in a radiomics framework to predict the age of a person.
- DNA: US lists Pak among countries providing 'safe havens' to terrorists
- US keeps Pakistan on list of countries providing 'safe havens' to terrorists
- Rahul Gandhi seen with Chinese envoy in undated photo
- Dr Subhash Chandra files criminal defamation case against Prashant Bhushan
- DNA: Analysing the problem of power theft in India
- DNA: Anti-Pakistan protests erupt in Sindh
- Karnataka wants separate flag, sets up panel to explore
- Monsoon showers in Delhi-NCR cause waterlogging, traffic jams in many areas
- BSP supremo Mayawati resigns from Rajya Sabha
- This is what Ram Nath Kovind said after winning Presidential Poll - Watch
- Ram Nath Kovind wins Presidential Election
- DNA :Karnataka wants separate state flag, Siddaramaiah govt sets up panel
- DNA: Analysing whether right to privacy is fundamental or not
- Commandos deployed for safety of Kanwar Yatra
- Zee Media launches Zee Salaam for Urdu audience
- Kangana Ranaut severely injured during 'Manikarnika' shoot, rushed to hospital
- 1100 jobs in IMD: SSC Scientific Assistants Recruitment 2017; check ssconline.nic.in
- Seven needles removed from body of 3-year-old girl allegedly abused by mother's employer
- Ram Nath Kovind vs Meira Kumar: Here is how states voted in Presidential Election 2017
- Presidential Election 2017 Results: The states where Meira Kumar got more votes than Ram Nath Kovind
- Doklam stand-off: This is how India is countering China at the border
- Maharashtra horror: Goon butchered in Dhule, CCTV footage goes viral - Watch
- WATCH: Sunny Leone accepts Chris Gayle's challenge, clean bowls left-hander with superb dance on 'Laila Main Laila' song
- ‘Nepotism rocks’ barb: Kangana Ranaut affected by Varun Dhawan, Karan Johar and Saif Ali Khan’s joke?
- Dokalam stand-off: 'Hindu nationalism risks pushing India into war with China'
- Search for missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 uncovers hidden undersea world
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2 goes on sale in India; Redmi 4A available at Re 1
- Caught on cam: Goons brutally thrash couple in UP's Maharajgang, circulate video
- Irfan Pathan's 'un-Islamic' post: Muslim cleric Maulana Sajid Rashidi hits out at all-rounder's 'shameful act'
- PM Benjamin Netanyahu denounces EU's repeated criticism of Israel as an 'anomaly'