To mimic the human sense of touch, researchers built artificial hairs using magnetic cobalt-based microwires - commonly used filaments that are as flexible as human hairs.
For welcoming the New Year, you will have to wait a little longer than usual as timekeepers will add a "leap second" to the final minute of 2016.
For the first time, researchers have discovered ammonia in the Earth's lowest atmospheric layer with highest emissions of the gas encountered in North India and Southeast China.
New species of 'ant-like' desert bees have been discovered by a team of researchers.
Scientists have witnessed the birth of atmospheric ice clouds, creating ice cloud crystals in the laboratory and then taking images of the process through a microscope.
India needs focused attention to further the discipline of theoretical physics, where it is yet to match global standards, says Indian-American physicist Mani Bhaumik.
YouTube channel UFO Hunter has found a "spoon" in a NASA image taken by the Curiosity Rover droid.
Using NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) data, researchers have detected cumulative growth of erosion-carved troughs that may be infant versions of larger features known as Martian "spiders".
A jet stream deep below Earth’s surface has been discovered by scientists.
Harvard researchers have developed a new model to design a soft robot that bends like an index finger and twists like a thumb when powered by a single pressure source.
A new study has found that the Earth's surface is shattered by roads into over 600,000 fragments, more than half of which are smaller that one square kilometre.
The findings from the McEwen Centre for Regenerative Medicine at University Health Network in Canada show how human pluripotent stem cells can be coaxed in 21 days to develop into pacemaker cells.
Even though all eyes are technically brown, the amount of melanocytes varies from person to person.
Birds alter the configuration of their wings, when they need to change direction, increase their speed or counter headwinds.
The Principia famously elucidates Newton's three laws of motion, explaining how objects move under the influences of external forces.
The Governor said that it has been 86 long years since CV Raman won the Nobel Prize for Physics.
In a recent research, scientists have discovered a safe alternative to the flammable liquid electrolytes used in lithium-ion batteries.
Some of the most popular toys on the children's list to Santa on Christmas eve like remote-operated cars, helicopters and toy robots may soon be controlled via a headset using the power of thoughts, scientists say.
Antimicrobial-resistant bacteria are posing a severe threat to global public health. In particular, they are becoming more common in bacterial pathogens responsible for high-mortality diseases such as pneumonia, diarrhoea and sepsis.
Scientists have developed a new lab-on-a-chip technique that may probably simplify and ease out cancer detection at an early stage.
This may be used in next-generation nuclear reactors that will operate at higher temperatures and radiation fields, producing energy more efficiently and economically.
This system can take still pictures and generate short videos to simulate what happens next, similar to how humans can visually imagine how a scene will evolve.
"Minhajuddin Sirajuddin from Bengaluru is the first young life scientist to be nominated for the EMBO Young Investigator Programme," EMBO said in a statement.
This hand is designed for a person who still has the ability to move their wrist and by moving their wrist, they can use and control the hand's fingers to hold various objects.
They said the discovery in fruit fly has far-reaching implications for stem cell-based therapies for humans.
340 years ago, on December 7, 1676, Danish astronomer called Ole Romer determined the speed of light by observing the planet Jupiter eclipsing its moon Io 140 times.
Completing such missions in rough terrain or combat zones can be tricky, with helicopters currently offering the best transportation option in most cases.
In their study, researchers found that the I-score is effective in differentiating between noisy and predictive variables in big data and can significantly improve the prediction rate.
The four-cambered stomachs of cows have microbes that convert food into methane during the digestive process.
This is not the first time doomsday has been foretold. It was predicted in 2003, 2007, 2012, and 2015, each one claiming to be “the real one”.
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- Why international media reacts negatively after Yogi Adityanath appointed as UP Chief Minister?
- Dr Subhash Chandra donates his salary to PM Relief Fund
- Netaji Subhash Park in Yogi Adityanath's hometown Gorakhpur under illegal occupation
- Lalu Prasad Yadav injured as stage collapses in Patna
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Why are Tamil Nadu farmers protesting with 'skulls' in Delhi?
- DNA: Today in history, 24 March 2017
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- DNA: Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar urges everyone to build toilets
- DNA: Has India crossed all limits of tolerance against naxalism?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- PM Modi picks IAS officer B Chandralekha to head Swachh Bharat Mission – Know about her
- Here's everything you need to know about Shaun Tait's wife, Mashoom Singha — PHOTOS INSIDE
- How will Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad go back to Pune? After Air India, IndiGo cancels his ticket
- Incredible! This video of a boy being saved from a menacing tiger has over 10 lakh views – WATCH
- Shaun Tait becomes an 'Overseas Citizen of India' – Does that make him eligible to play for India in future?
- Priyanka Chopra's picture with THIS Spanish model is UNMISSABLE!
- Emotional Kuldeep Yadav cries even as legends Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri try to decode India's latest sensation — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Kapil Sharma – Sunil Grover fallout: Ali Asgar starts shooting for another show?