Hawking travelled to Rome for a meeting at the Vatican of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences from November 25-29, where he met Pope Francis.
The first ‘water-wave laser’ that has been created emits a beam through the interaction of light and water waves, and may be used in ‘lab-on-a-chip’ devices to study cell biology and test new drug therapies.
Expected to be ready by 2017, the superefficient computer plan is a part of the government’s policy that aims at helping Japan regain its position in the world as a technology giant at a time when the country is facing stiff competition from China and South Korea.
More than 542 million people on the planet speak either Hindi or Urdu which makes them one of the most common languages spoken, Mit Techonology Review reported.
Invasive plant species such as alligator weed, which threatens natural ecosystem, could be promoted as a food product to sustainably manage excessive growth of these alien invaders as well as strengthen food security, a new study has said.
Jagdish Chandra Bose is one of India's greatest scientists who is best known for his work in biophysics and science of plants and made various contributions in the field of physics, biology and archaeology.
The popular search engine giant Google on Wednesday paid tribute to one of India's greatest scientist Jagdish Chandra Bose on his 158th birthday with a creative doodle.
The Institute was inaugurated by eminent scientist JC Bose on November 30, 1917 which coincided with his birthday.
Archaeologist Li Xiaocen has claimed that a new finding about an ancient scrap of paper is likely to be an evidence of the earliest on record, dating 250 years before Cai Lun invented paper-making technology in China.
One of greatest scientists ever, Albert Einstein belived that the speed of light was constant in a vacuum.
A novel way to pause the development of early mouse embryos for up to a month in the lab has been identified, a finding that has potential implications for assisted reproduction, regenerative medicine, ageing and even cancer, researchers say.
A group of US engineers has developed two types of transgenic grass species that can eliminate toxic compounds widely used in explosives which contaminate the air around military bases and battlegrounds.
Scientists have come up with a new perovskite material with unique magnetic properties that can be used to build next-generation hard drives, making writing and accessing data on them easy.
Researchers of India origin from Singapore have come up with a new thin foam material which can be helpful in keeping vehicles and buildings cooler.
Wearable textiles-based electronics present new possibilities for flexible circuits, healthcare and environment monitoring, energy conversion and many others.
By using the contact-stabilisation process, up to 55 per cent of the organic matter could be recovered from sewage.
A nano size squeeze can significantly boost the performance of platinum catalysts that help generate energy in fuel cells, according to the new study by scientists at Stanford University.
The research was led by a team of scientists at the Chinese Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), with the findings published online in the journal Nature Thursday.
Dogs trained to "Do as I Do" can watch a person perform an action and then do the action themselves.
Distinguished physicist and former ISRO chief M.G.K. Menon passed away at his residence on Tuesday.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that everyone between the ages of 13 and 64 be tested for HIV at least once as part of routine medical care.
India and the European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN) signed an agreement on Monday on making India an associate member state of the research organisation that operates the largest particle physics laboratory in the world.
India has achieved a milestone of producing the highest number of winners in the Monsanto Beachell-Borlaug International Scholarship Programme (MBBISP).
After eight years of research, the Chinese Academy of Sciences' Hefei institute of physical science has built the hybrid magnet composed of 30-tesla magnet nested in a 10-tesla superconducting magnet, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The study shows that physicists pay less attention to theories that are crammed with mathematical details.
The world's oldest beer - recovered from a 220-year-old trading ship that had sunk on its way from India to Australia - has been recreated by scientists using yeast of the 18th-century brew.
A new method has been developed to produce the tools for figuring out gene function faster and cheaper than current methods.
Physicists avoid highly mathematical work despite being trained in advanced mathematics, a new study suggests.
Currently the circumference of the smallest transistors are tinier than the AIDS virus. The industry has shrunk the central elements of their computer chips to fourteen nanometers in the last sixty years.
Researchers Ting Wang, Dairong Chen and colleagues from Shandong University in China made the new material out of tungsten oxide and a common polymer used in medicines and food.
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- Why international media reacts negatively after Yogi Adityanath appointed as UP Chief Minister?
- Dr Subhash Chandra donates his salary to PM Relief Fund
- Netaji Subhash Park in Yogi Adityanath's hometown Gorakhpur under illegal occupation
- Lalu Prasad Yadav injured as stage collapses in Patna
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Why are Tamil Nadu farmers protesting with 'skulls' in Delhi?
- DNA: Today in history, 24 March 2017
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- DNA: Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar urges everyone to build toilets
- DNA: Has India crossed all limits of tolerance against naxalism?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- PM Modi picks IAS officer B Chandralekha to head Swachh Bharat Mission – Know about her
- Here's everything you need to know about Shaun Tait's wife, Mashoom Singha — PHOTOS INSIDE
- How will Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad go back to Pune? After Air India, IndiGo cancels his ticket
- Incredible! This video of a boy being saved from a menacing tiger has over 10 lakh views – WATCH
- Shaun Tait becomes an 'Overseas Citizen of India' – Does that make him eligible to play for India in future?
- Priyanka Chopra's picture with THIS Spanish model is UNMISSABLE!
- Emotional Kuldeep Yadav cries even as legends Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri try to decode India's latest sensation — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Kapil Sharma – Sunil Grover fallout: Ali Asgar starts shooting for another show?