Using a membrane extract from spinach leaves, Israeli researchers have developed a bio-photo-electro-chemical (BPEC) cell device that produces electricity and hydrogen from water using sunlight.
President Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday congratulated the scientists and engineers involved in the successful test firing of 'Barak-8', a surface-to-air missile.
Rocks formed by the grinding together of other rocks during earthquakes are rich in trapped hydrogen and similar seismic activity on Mars may produce enough hydrogen to support life, a study says.
A human skeleton found during the ongoing excavation of the famous Antikythera Shipwreck -- the largest ancient shipwreck ever discovered -- could provide an insight into the lives of people who lived 2100 years ago, say researchers.
China on Thursday launched its Tiangong-2 space lab into space paving the way for a permanent space station it plans to build around 2022.
A total of 1,913 of the 2,018 rhino horns stored in various treasuries of Assam have been examined so far by a panel which completed the checking of Barpeta treasury on Wednesday.
An Indo-American imaging scientist and inventor at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) has been conferred with the prestigious Lemelson-MIT Prize for his path-breaking inventions to improve lives globally.
Dinesh Bharadia, an Indian-born researcher at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) has won the prestigious 'Marconi Young Scholar' award in the US.
And to prove this point, every year since 1970s, NASA publishes a list of space technologies that have been amalgamated into everyday usage.
The radar was tested in mid-August, Russia Today quoted Chinese state-run Xinhua news agency as saying.
An examination of the ornamental fish market in southern China has led to the discovery of a new species and even a new genus of freshwater crab, researchers have reported.
The researchers, Debraj De and Sajal K. Das, along with their teammates created a wearable device for the wrist that can track a person's movements, ambient environment, bio-signals and much more.
A new species of snake discovered in Madagascar by a team of researchers has been named "ghost snake" for its pale grey colour and elusiveness.
Scientists are set to name a new fish after US President Barack Obama honouring his decision to create a new protected area off the Hawaiian coast.
These storms produce very strong winds that cause the ocean to swell, generating powerful waves.
Thanks to two 14-year olds in the US, we will probably be able to eat ice creams from cones without a mess!
The coatings may not only lead to everyday self-healing clothes, but also help create garments that are tailored for protection against chemical and biological warfare agents and that can repair themselves.
A team of engineers has used light to print 3D structures that "remember" their original shapes even after being stretched, twisted and bent at extreme angles
Exposure to a chemical used in many consumer products, including water bottles, can induce behavioural changes in turtles, reprogramming male turtle brains to exhibit behaviour common in females.
The silvery skin of fish like herrings, sardines, mackerel and tuna act like mirrors, reflecting their watery surroundings to better blend in and the effect serves as a kind of underwater invisibility cloak that helps them hide even from animals with super sight, new research has found.
We probably do it every day but scientists have only now discovered a distinct new way in which we move our eyes.
'Clean Air India Movement (CLAIM)', said to be India's largest anti-pollution campaign, on Tuesday bagged the 'Energy and Environment Foundation Global Award 2016' for efforts to tackle the problem of air toxicity.
Scientists have developed a tiny bioinspired soft robot capable of mimicking caterpillar gaits in natural scale, that can climb slopes, squeeze through narrow slits and transport loads. The 15-millimetre long soft robot harvests energy from green light and is controlled by spatially modulated laser beam.
Chinese scientists have discovered a small molecule that can regenerate tissue, which in the future could potentially eliminate transplants of some organs.
Researchers have discovered the purpose of a large number of spherical stone artifacts found at a major archaeological site in South Africa.
In a study published on Thursday in the US journal Science, researchers from the Stanford University used machine learning -- the science of designing computer algorithms that learn from data -- to extract information about poverty from high-resolution satellite imagery, Xinhua news agency reported.
China on Thursday said the first batch of data from the world's only quantum satellite, which can provide "hack-proof" communications at speeds faster than light, has been received by it.
The Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, on Thursday presented the Nina Saxena Excellence in Technology award to ISRO scientist M. Jeen Britto.
Watched over by her human admirers, Ranthambore Tiger Reserve's pride, 19-year-old tigress Machli, the oldest big cat ever known to have walked the wilderness, died on Wednesday morning, officials said.
Scholars believe that intense solar storms caused major bursts of radiation to strike the Earth in 775 and 994AD, which resulted in distinct spikes in the concentration of radiocarbon in trees growing at that time.
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- Why international media reacts negatively after Yogi Adityanath appointed as UP Chief Minister?
- Dr Subhash Chandra donates his salary to PM Relief Fund
- Netaji Subhash Park in Yogi Adityanath's hometown Gorakhpur under illegal occupation
- Lalu Prasad Yadav injured as stage collapses in Patna
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Why are Tamil Nadu farmers protesting with 'skulls' in Delhi?
- DNA: Today in history, 24 March 2017
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- DNA: Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar urges everyone to build toilets
- DNA: Has India crossed all limits of tolerance against naxalism?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- PM Modi picks IAS officer B Chandralekha to head Swachh Bharat Mission – Know about her
- Here's everything you need to know about Shaun Tait's wife, Mashoom Singha — PHOTOS INSIDE
- How will Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad go back to Pune? After Air India, IndiGo cancels his ticket
- Incredible! This video of a boy being saved from a menacing tiger has over 10 lakh views – WATCH
- Shaun Tait becomes an 'Overseas Citizen of India' – Does that make him eligible to play for India in future?
- Priyanka Chopra's picture with THIS Spanish model is UNMISSABLE!
- Emotional Kuldeep Yadav cries even as legends Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri try to decode India's latest sensation — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Kapil Sharma – Sunil Grover fallout: Ali Asgar starts shooting for another show?