The researchers showed that their transparent wood provides better thermal insulation and lets in nearly as much light as glass, while eliminating glare and providing uniform and consistent indoor lighting.
Amid the intense preparations for the launch of China's first quantum communication satellite, scientists hope it can help unravel one of the strangest phenomena in quantum physics -- quantum entanglement.
When you lie on the beach, your skin comes in contact with a minute fraction of radiation from outside our galaxy, say researchers.
Brain specialisations such as improved vision preceded the development of large brains in primates, our closest cousins, confirms a new study.
Two teenagers from India are among the 16 global finalists for the sixth annual "Google Science Fair 2016" and they will now compete for the $50,000 scholarship, as announced by the US tech giant Google on Friday.
Birds exposed to stress such as road noise, pesticides and light pollution were twice as likely to be bitten by mosquitoes that transmit the West Nile virus, finds a study.
Researchers at the University of Maryland's A. James Clark School of Engineering stumbled upon the blue flame by accident, while creating fire whirls in the lab.
Batteries take very long time to decompose and also leak toxic metals into the environment that can cause deadly diseases.
Metamaterials are materials engineered to produce properties that do not occur naturally and they are used to make artificial electromagnetic and vibration absorbers and high-performance sensors.
A new Guinness World Record for the most robots dancing simultaneously has been set in China where 1,007 robots shimmied in unison, nearly double the previous record.
Men are more likely to be bitten than women, and almost one third of incidents involve delivery workers and postal staff, the research by pet insurers Animal Friends in the UK found.
This robot can move forward and backward in a wave-like motion which enables it to swim, crawl and climb over obstacles.
A research team at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) has developed ultra-thin and transparent oxide thin-film transistors (TFT) that can be used to make high performance wearable and transparent displays.
A team of researchers has found a new method for making brighter and more efficient green light-emitting diodes (LEDs), which may pave the way for developing advanced solid-state lighting.
A a female one-horned rhino was injured when a personnel of the elite Assam Forest Protection Force (AFPF) opened fire on it in self-defence when it charged at him near the state's famous Kaziranga National Park, officials said on Friday.
The tropical butterfly Heliconius erato distinguishes between shapes to use them as a cue for choosing the plants on which to feed and lay eggs, shows a new research.
A new solar cell has been developed by researchers that essentially works like a plant. This game-changing solar cell converts carbon dioxide into usable hydrocarbon fuel using only sunlight for energy.
However, the more advanced Science has made us, we have blindly started believing things that are scientifically not possible – yet.
Based on studies of ancient ruins like tilted pillars, cracked steps and sliding stone canopies of the 7th-century A.D. temples in northwestern India, seismologists have revealed the extent of some of the largest historic earthquakes in the region.
A team of researchers has come up with a way to use "veritable wonder material" graphene oxide sheets to turn dirty water clean for a thirsty world.
A new study has shed light on what`s going on inside our heads as we decide whether or not a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.Researchers at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis located a region of the brain involved in decisions made under conditions of uncertainty, and identified some of the cells involved in the decision-making process.
Bears, wolves and other large carnivores may be frightening beasts but the fear they inspire in their prey pales in comparison to that caused by the human super predator, a new study has found.
Recently, Starship Technologies conducted tests of its autonomous delivery robots in the heart of Silicon Valley.
Venus thick cloud layers may offer insight into the topography of the planets surface below, rather than acting as a barrier to our observations, scientists have shown for the first time.
Researchers in Germany have discovered tools that were used for rope making about 40,000 years ago, the time when modern humans arrived in Europe.
Chinese photo app developer Meitu on Monday launched BeautyPlus Me, a selfie retouch app that allows users to easily create beautiful and natural looking selfies.
In order to create awareness about road safety, the Australian Transport Accident Commission came up with an unique model of an evolved human specially designed to survive a car crash.
While it has long been known that in many parts of Africa, people and a species of wax-eating bird called the greater honeyguide work together to find wild bees' nests, new research has unraveled a novel dimension to this unique human-animal relationship.
Prisma, the photo-editing app has quickly gone viral just after its launched and is the next best thing after Pokemon Go.
Two Canadian teenaged brothers inadvertently crossed the US-Canada border while playing the widely popular location-based augmented reality game Pokemon Go, causing a rare international incident.
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- Why international media reacts negatively after Yogi Adityanath appointed as UP Chief Minister?
- Dr Subhash Chandra donates his salary to PM Relief Fund
- Netaji Subhash Park in Yogi Adityanath's hometown Gorakhpur under illegal occupation
- Lalu Prasad Yadav injured as stage collapses in Patna
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Why are Tamil Nadu farmers protesting with 'skulls' in Delhi?
- DNA: Today in history, 24 March 2017
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- DNA: Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar urges everyone to build toilets
- DNA: Has India crossed all limits of tolerance against naxalism?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- PM Modi picks IAS officer B Chandralekha to head Swachh Bharat Mission – Know about her
- Here's everything you need to know about Shaun Tait's wife, Mashoom Singha — PHOTOS INSIDE
- How will Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad go back to Pune? After Air India, IndiGo cancels his ticket
- Incredible! This video of a boy being saved from a menacing tiger has over 10 lakh views – WATCH
- Shaun Tait becomes an 'Overseas Citizen of India' – Does that make him eligible to play for India in future?
- Priyanka Chopra's picture with THIS Spanish model is UNMISSABLE!
- Emotional Kuldeep Yadav cries even as legends Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri try to decode India's latest sensation — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Kapil Sharma – Sunil Grover fallout: Ali Asgar starts shooting for another show?