Expedition 49 crew lifts off for International Space Station - Watch
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Russian Soyuz MS-02 spacecraft carrying crew members of Expedition 49/50 successfully lifted off for the International Space Station on Wednesday.
The spacecraft took off from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan at sharp 4:05 a.m. EDT carrying three NASA astronauts- Shane Kimbrough, along with Roscosmos cosmonauts Sergey Ryzhikov and Andrey Borisenko, who will travel for two days in the Soyuz MS-02 orbiting the Earth 34 times before docking to the space station’s Poisk module at 5:59 a.m. Friday, Oct. 21.
Hatches between the Soyuz and station will open at approximately 8:35 a.m., and the arriving crew will be welcomed on board by Expedition 49 Commander Anatoly Ivanishin of Roscosmos and Flight Engineers Kate Rubins of NASA and Takuya Onishi of the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, who have been aboard the complex since July. NASA TV coverage of hatch opening and welcoming ceremonies will begin at 8 a.m.
The three astronauts will spend a little more than four months together aboard the orbital complex before returning to Earth in late February. The full six-person crew will continue work on hundreds of experiments in biology, biotechnology, physical science and Earth science aboard the International Space Station, humanity’s only microgravity laboratory.
Watch the launch of Soyuz MS-02 to International Space Station. The video has been tweeted by NASA.
— NASA (@NASA) October 19, 2016
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!