Mr Kulkarni, who is a professor of astrophysics and planetary science at California Institute of Technology in Pasadena, California, built the Palomar Transient Factory, with which he conducted a large-area survey of the night sky in search of variable and transient phenomena.
Scientists believe that rains may have impacted the craters and carved out river-like channel on its surface.
It can only be described as some sort of flying disc-like shaped UFO, that was spotted hovering in the distance behind the international space station before darting away at a very high rate of speed, says Tyler Glockner.
On April 29, Dawn successfully observed Ceres at opposition, taking images from a position exactly between the sun and Ceres’ surface.
The process that carved Perseverance Valley into the rim of Endeavour Crater billions of years ago has not yet been identified.
The planet was only discovered in August 2016, and is thought to be of similar size to Earth, creating the possibility that it could have an 'Earth-like' atmosphere.
NASA's Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera (EPIC) onboard the DSCOVR captured mysterious flashes of light from the Earth.
The Inmarsat-5 F4 satellite, built by Boeing, lifted off atop a Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral, Florida at 7.21 PM (2321 GMT) Monday, May 15.
Weighing just 0.1kg, the satellite has been built by an Indian teen Rifath Sharook, 12th-grade student from Tamil Nadu’s Pallapatti town.
The Inmarsat-5 satellite, weighing in at nearly 13,500 pounds (6,123.4 kgs), atop the rocket, will blast off from SpaceX’s seaside Launch Complex 39A on NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida at 7:21 p.m. EDT (or 23:21 UTC) Monday, May 15.
The notable aspect of this rocket is that the main and bigger cryogenic engine has been developed by space scientists here and will be powering the rocket for the first time.
In February, NASA began an effort looking at the feasibility of putting crew aboard the first launch of the SLS rocket and Orion - for its Exploration Mission-1, or EM-1.
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration had hoped to launch the Space Launch System, or SLS, rocket in November 2018. The rocket will send the deep-space Orion capsule on a high lunar orbit.
Station commander Peggy Whitson and rookie flier Jack Fischer began what was expected to be a 6-1/2-hour spacewalk more than an hour late, after a cable supplying power and cooling water to Fischer`s spacesuit developed a leak.
NASA has released a beautiful image of the unusual galaxy IRAS 06076-2139, found in the constellation Lepus (The Hare).
The spacewalk was the ninth of Whitson's career. She holds the record for most spacewalks by a woman.
Spacewalks usually last about six and a half hours, but Friday's would be "abbreviated" due to the late start and would last about four hours.
GSLV Mark-III would be a powerful launch vehicle built to lift heavy communications satellites to space.
ISS astronauts Peggy Whitson and Jack Fischer are venturing outside the space station to replace a large avionics box that supplies electricity and data connections to the science experiments, and replacement hardware stored outside the station.
The study, combining observations from NASA's Hubble and Spitzer space telescopes, shows that the distant planet HAT- P-26b has a primitive atmosphere composed almost entirely of hydrogen and helium.
Expedition 51 astronauts will venture outside the space station to replace a large avionics box that supplies electricity and data connections to the science experiments, and replacement hardware stored outside the station.
Eight postgraduate students from Beihang University in China are divided into two groups.
Overturning lava is a popular explanation for the periodic brightening and dimming of the hot spot, called Loki Patera after the Norse god.
The lunar presence would serve as a launching point for the spacecraft that will carry humans to Mars, a NASA official said.
As part of Beijing's plan to put people on the moon in the next two decades, Chinese volunteers will live in a simulated space cabin for up to 200 days.
The finding could help solve one of the most important debates in evolution - whether life on Earth arose in small, terrestrial ponds, or deep in the ocean, researchers said.
NASA has delivered three detector for the spacecraft's near-infrared instrument.
This happens because their heart and muscles lose the efficacy of transporting oxygen to the muscles.
On May 7, 2017, Cassini spacecraft captured this view of bands of bright, feathery methane clouds drifting across Saturn's Titan as it passed above the moon's surface.
- DNA: Boris Becker declared bankrupt over long-standing debt
- Separatist leader Yasin Malik arrested in Srinagar
- Boys try to hit SHO by car in Gurugram - Watch
- EC disqualifies MP minister over incorrect filing of election expenditure
- Lady police officer scolds BJP leader over arrogant behaviour in UP
- Bihar: Are the Presidential elections causing a rift in the Mahagathbandhan?
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Heavy rains in Mumbai trigger warnings of high tide
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Narendra Modi conveys his wishes to the nation on Eid
- PM Modi lands in Washington DC for his 2-day US tour
- DNA : Non Stop News, 24 June 2017
- J&K: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Naushera sector
- DNA: Analysis of Haryana's village with shameful gender ratio
- Watch: 140th Jagannath Rath Yatra begins in Ahmedabad
- DNA: Police officer stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid in Srinagar
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Adam Gilchrist casts doubt on MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh's continuity till 2019 World Cup
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world’s heaviest woman, can now sit and eat on her own
- 2017 Australian Open Super Series Final: As it happened...
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Kiku Sharda welcomes Chandan Prabhakar back with a heartfelt message!
- Airtel extends 30GB free data offer for another 3 months – Check out details
- Nitish Kumar uncomfortable in grand alliance with RJD, Congress, will welcome him if he joins NDA: BJP
- Mohammad Nabi thanks BCCI for helping Afghanistan get Test status; hopes to play first 5-day match against India
- Subramanian Swamy says security cover given to Mirwaiz Umar Farooq should be revoked
- West Bengal: BJP demands CM Mamata Banerjee's resignation over attack on MP George Baker
- Sridevi REVEALS why she refused to play Sivagami in SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali'!
- Baby Elephant chases birds and falls face-down at Sweden zoo – Watch
- Jasprit Bumrah's fiery post makes Jaipur Traffic Police delete Tweet, issue clarification to Indian speedster
- Virat Kohli's picture 'peeping through dressing room' goes viral, Twitterati come up with hilarious captions
- Presidential election: Sushma Swaraj tweets 2013 Lok Sabha video, says 'This is how Meira Kumar treated Leader of Opposition'