Researchers led by the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow, the UK, used novel laser-plasma-based accelerators to mimic the radiation which presents a risk to astronauts and space technology owing to the lack of protection from it in space.
The commemorative stamp uses special temperature-sensitive inks, 'The Quartz' reported.
There is no precedent in the space-faring world of a free regional communications satellite being gifted like this, and it shows India has a large heart.
Civil engineers at the Stanford University have worked with colleagues at the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to develop a form of concrete that could be produced on Mars or the moon.
The Hubble telescope helped show that this arc is composed of two distorted images of an ordinary spiral galaxy that just happens to lie behind the cluster.
The proposed missions of discovery – submitted under NASA's New Frontiers programme – will undergo scientific and technical review over the next seven months, the US space agency said in a statement on Friday.
SGDC will provide strategic communications for the Brazilian government and military, and beam broadband services across the country, helping to provide internet access to remote and underserved communities.
The rings themselves are made of fast-moving particles of ice and space debris.
What India has developed it can be shared by our friendly nations. They can use it for TV connectivity.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Friday felicitated the engineers and scientists of ISRO on the successful launch of the South Asia Satellite and said it will open up new avenues of cooperation.
After the launch, all the South Asian leaders went ahead and congratulated India and PM Narendra Modi for the historic launch.
Addressing the Media after the successful launch of South Asia Satellite, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said that India has fulfilled its promises.
The South Asia Satellite, proposed by Prime Minister Modi, has been successfully launched into orbit on May 5, 2017, on board the Indian Space Research Organisation's rocket GSLV-09 from the Second Launch Pad (SLP) at Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR (SDSC SHAR), Sriharikota.
As raw material, the test used commercially available simulated lunar soil based on terrestrial volcanic material, processed to mimic the composition and grain sizes of genuine moondust.
The project that aims to benefit all the countries from the region, features seven out of eight SAARC nations.
RAISE images are used to create a data product called a spectrogram, which separates light from the Sun into all its different wavelength components.
On Thursday, ISRO began the 28-hour countdown for the launch of the satellite into orbit.
The GSLV-F09 carrying GSAT-9 will blast off from the second launch pad at the the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota on Friday.
The researchers studied rocks filling one of the largest preserved impact structures on the planet, located in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada.
This week, NASA issued a Request for Information (RfI) to the private industry for proposals related to cargo transportation to the lunar surface, as well as a potential mission to collect lunar samples and deliver them back to Earth
The Geostationary Communication Satellite built by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will blast off from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota, about 100 kms from here.
NASA has released a new video taken by th spacecrfat as it swooped over Saturn during the first of its Grand Finale dives between the planet and its rings.
The Solar Hybrid Electric Car, designed and developed using in-house expertise, was successfully demonstrated recently in a test drive at the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) in Thiruvananthapuram.
The countdown for the launch of South Asia Satellite or GSAT-9 will begin on Thursday morning, as per sources in the Indian space agency.
The prototype involves an inflatable, deployable greenhouse to support plant and crop production for nutrition, air revitalisation, water recycling and waste recycling.
Researchers said, the solar system is a prime location to research how planets form around stars like our Sun.
Scientists say the wave, spanning some 200,000 light-years, is about twice the size of our own Milky Way galaxy.
NASA's SOFIA, the world's largest airborne astronomical observatory, recently completed a detailed study of this nearby planetary system.
India will launch the South Asia satellite to enable a full range of applications and services to neighbours in the areas of telecommunication and broadcasting applications viz. Television, direct-to-home (DTH), very small aperture terminals (VSATs), tele-education, telemedicine and disaster management support.
NASA said the Webb telescope will now be shipped to its Johnson Space Centre in Houston for end-to-end optical testing in a vacuum at its extremely cold operating temperatures.
- DNA: Boris Becker declared bankrupt over long-standing debt
- Separatist leader Yasin Malik arrested in Srinagar
- Boys try to hit SHO by car in Gurugram - Watch
- EC disqualifies MP minister over incorrect filing of election expenditure
- Lady police officer scolds BJP leader over arrogant behaviour in UP
- Bihar: Are the Presidential elections causing a rift in the Mahagathbandhan?
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Heavy rains in Mumbai trigger warnings of high tide
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Narendra Modi conveys his wishes to the nation on Eid
- PM Modi lands in Washington DC for his 2-day US tour
- DNA : Non Stop News, 24 June 2017
- J&K: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Naushera sector
- DNA: Analysis of Haryana's village with shameful gender ratio
- Watch: 140th Jagannath Rath Yatra begins in Ahmedabad
- DNA: Police officer stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid in Srinagar
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Adam Gilchrist casts doubt on MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh's continuity till 2019 World Cup
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world’s heaviest woman, can now sit and eat on her own
- 2017 Australian Open Super Series Final: As it happened...
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Kiku Sharda welcomes Chandan Prabhakar back with a heartfelt message!
- Airtel extends 30GB free data offer for another 3 months – Check out details
- Nitish Kumar uncomfortable in grand alliance with RJD, Congress, will welcome him if he joins NDA: BJP
- Mohammad Nabi thanks BCCI for helping Afghanistan get Test status; hopes to play first 5-day match against India
- Subramanian Swamy says security cover given to Mirwaiz Umar Farooq should be revoked
- West Bengal: BJP demands CM Mamata Banerjee's resignation over attack on MP George Baker
- Sridevi REVEALS why she refused to play Sivagami in SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali'!
- Baby Elephant chases birds and falls face-down at Sweden zoo – Watch
- Jasprit Bumrah's fiery post makes Jaipur Traffic Police delete Tweet, issue clarification to Indian speedster
- Virat Kohli's picture 'peeping through dressing room' goes viral, Twitterati come up with hilarious captions
- Presidential election: Sushma Swaraj tweets 2013 Lok Sabha video, says 'This is how Meira Kumar treated Leader of Opposition'