The cargo space container, named Donatello built 15 years ago, will be refurbished into a habitat prototype by Lockheed Martin -- a global security and aerospace company -- at the Kennedy Space Centre in Florida.
Live coverage of the launch will begin at 10:45 a.m. EDT on NASA Television and the agency’s website.
This attempt is being made so as to capture the clearest ever images of the Sun's outer atmosphere.
The new study by NASA scientists overturns a common assumption as well as offers a pathway for improving accuracy in weather and climate models' treatments of rainfall.
The new study finds that numerous volcanic deposits distributed across the surface of the Moon contain unusually high amounts of trapped water compared with surrounding terrains.
The space probe, currently undergoing the final phase of its mission, known as the Grand Finale, has made some startling observations of the planet as it makes its unprecedented series of weekly dives between Saturn and its rings.
Pal was known for his contributions to the study of cosmic rays, as well as for being an institution-builder.
These stellar nurseries can produce dozens or even hundreds of stars with different sizes and masses.
The three new ISS crew members include NASA astronaut Randy Bresnik, Sergey Ryazanskiy of Roscosmos and Paolo Nespoli of ESA (European Space Agency).
Saddened by the demise of renowned scientist, Professor U.R. Rao. His remarkable contribution to India's space programme will never be forgotten, Modi said in a tweet.
Rao, an internationally-reknowned space scientist, was hospitalised earlier this year with a heart ailment. He was 85.
According to NASA, the Sun take most of the attention in a Solar Eclipse, but the moon also plays a pivotal role.
Crossing the country from Oregon to South Carolina over the course of an hour and a half, 14 states will experience night-like darkness for approximately two minutes in the middle of the day.
Looking at the eclipse directly will damage your vision and that holds true for a partial eclipse as well.
Apart from the credit of exemplary launches of satellites that it carries on its 'rock solid' shoulders, which has managed to create a niche for ISRO in the space world, it has made space agency richer.
If successful, the scientists would further develop new calculations that could improve the estimates of the amount of solar energy that reach the ground.
As per NASA, the scene includes a broad notch in the crest of the crater's rim, which may have been a spillway where water or ice or wind flowed over the rim and into the crater.
NASA says that Hubble wasn't aiming for Phobos, but its observations were intended to photograph Mars, and the moon's cameo appearance was a bonus.
Its previous owner was an Illinois lawyer, who bought it in 2015 for USD 995.
Google said that it hopes and aims to inspire the people to further see the science and engineering involved in space exploration.
Out of a total 500 clips, nearly 300 have been uploaded to YouTube thus far, with some footage going back many decades.
Three space-based observatories Astrosat, Chandra, Hubble Space Telescope and a ground-based observatory HARPS have simultaneously detected a massive coronal explosion on the nearest planet-hosting star 'Proxima Centauri', a top scientist revealed here on Wednesday.
Mayak 3U-CubeSat is set to deploy a large tetrahedron-shaped solar reflector that could make the satellite as the third brightest object in the the sky only after the Sun and the Moon.
The Internal Ball Camera drone was sent to take pictures and videos of the work of the astronauts aboard the space station.
By 1958, Langley's governing organisation, NASA, would become NASA, and Langley's accomplishments would soar from air into space.
Data will keep coming from Mars to Earth, although loss or corruption of some bits is anticipated and the data will be retransmitted later.
The signals came from a red dwarf star – Ross 128 (GJ 447) – which is around 2,800 times dimmer than the Sun and is not yet known to have any planets, researchers said.
Aldrin, 87, established the Apollo 11 Anniversary Gala to commemorate his moon mission, which blasted off at 13:32:00 UTC from Kennedy Space Center 48 years ago on July 16, 1969.
Traces of moon dust and small rock are embedded in what is the only artifact from the Apollo 11 mission in private hands, says Sotheby's, who is organizing the sale on July 20, the 48th anniversary of the first moon landing in 1969.
NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter has captured some breathtaking images of the Mars where a worm-like fissures were blanketing the floor of a mysterious crater on the surface of the red planet.
- 1962 Indo-China war memorial in Gurugram vandalised
- Watch: Nitish Kumar takes oath as Bihar CM
- Watch - Volcano like eruption from Bokaro coal mine due to excessive rain
- Egypt: Tank crushes car in attempt to stop bomb blast in North Sinai
- Cabinet reshuffle soon: JD(U) likely to get ministerial berths
- PM Modi hails Nitish for moving out of Bihar 'Mahagathbandhan'
- It's for Nitish Kumar to decide on allying with BJP: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- JD(U) chief said will die but not join BJP: Lalu Yadav
- DNA: Today In History, July 25, 2017
- Zee News remains number 1 Hindi channel for 29th week
- Watch: Drums being used to warn people about floods in Gujarat
- Watch - The ten biggest international news of the day
- Gujarat floods: Death toll reaches 83; PM announces Rs 500 crore aid
- Dr Subhash Chandra raises cable licensing issue in Parliament
- Ghatkopar: Death toll in Mumbai building collapse rises to 17
- Lizard found in biryani served to passenger travelling in Poorva Express
- Nitish Kumar's swearing-in ceremony: As it happened
- WATCH: Virat Kohli, Ravi Shastri burst into laughter with Ravindra Jadeja's dressing room act
- BJP's Keshav Prasad Maurya likely to resign from position of Deputy CM amid rumours of Mayawati contesting from Phulpur
- Pakistan cricketers set to get richer as PCB receives Rs 230 million from ICC as Champions Trophy prize money
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: How India evicted Pakistani intruders from the icy heights
- Nitish Kumar to resign? Bihar CM on way to meet Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi
- WATCH: Mithali Raj and Co receive rousing reception at Mumbai airport, on return from England
- Indian daughters, Pakistani daughters-in-law always welcome: Sushma Swaraj's lovely tweet wins hearts
- Rift in JD(U) over aligning with BJP: Sharad Yadav not kept in loop by Nitish, say senior leaders
- 'Not a sign of healthy democracy': Mayawati on Nitish Kumar's JD(U) alliance with BJP
- India's Tour of Sri Lanka 2017: 1st Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- Kapil Sharma Show: Sumona Chakravarti will NEVER work with Krushna Abhishek—Here's why
- Know how many times Nitish Kumar resigned from govt in past
- RBI stops printing of Rs 2000 note; accelerates production of Rs 200 notes – Know how it will affect you