The gravity of this galaxy cluster is strong enough that it acts as a lens to magnify images of more distant background galaxies.
Rosetta has served scientists well, through a wealth of information that it sent during its closest approach to the Sun.
A crew member from the International Space Station (ISS) has yet again managed to enthrall the audience by sharing a beautiful image of swirling water in the Gulf Of St. Lawrence.
SpaceX CEO Elon Musk on Monday unveiled his highly ambitious plans to send humans to Mars, using a massive rocket and a fleet of spaceships to achieve a self-sustaining population on the Red Planet this century.
The Martian terrain has always been the center of attention for UFO hunters for possible alien sightings.
The vast majority of calculations made about our universe start with this assumption: that the universe is broadly the same, whatever your position and in whichever direction you look.
According to data collected by NASA's Mercury Surface, Space Environment, Geochemistry, and Ranging (MESSENGER) probe, the innermost planet of our solar system is the latest to join the tectonic club.
As per the scientists, Hubble has imaged what may be water vapor plumes erupting off the Europa's surface.
Faint wisps of cloud visible in the atmosphere give it a mysterious look, as ring shadows trace delicate, curving lines across the planet, at the bottom.
With this, India successfully completed yet another multiple satellite launch in a single rocket mission and is marching forward towards the milestone of 100 foreign satellite launches.
The expected lifespan of SCATSAT-1 is expected to be five years.
The PSLV takes off to place five foreign and three Indian satellites into two orbits. Carrying the 377 kg SCATSAT-1 and seven other satellites PSLV-C35, lifted off from ISRO's first launch pad at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre at 9.12 AM.
At 9.12 a:m today, the PSLV-C35 carrying the 371 kg SCATSAT-1 along with seven other satellites, including from the US and Canada, will blast off from the first launch pad of Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR, Sriharikota.
Today at 9:12 hours (IST), ISRO’s PSLV-C35 takes off from Sriharikota carrying 8 satellites - three from India, three from Algeria, and one each from Canada and the US.
As per ISRO, the 320 tone Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle rocket (PSLV-C35) carrying eight satellites - three Indian and five foreign - will blast off from the first launch pad of Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota at 9:12 hours (IST) on September 26.
According to Antrix Corporation - the commercial arm of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), India till date has launched 74 satellites from 20 countries.
ISRO Chairman A S Kiran Kumar said the MOM had completed two years yesterday, although its original mission life was slated to be six months, and that the space agency had released a lot of first year data beamed by its five payloads.
In an unprecedented event, Indian space agency ISRO, will be making commercial use its own multiple burn technology while launching eight satellites - five foreign and three domestic - in different orbits today.
What caused this fault to occur is still unknown and under continued investigation
Pluto may contain an ocean spanning over 100 kilometres beneath its icy surface, with a salt content similar to that of the Dead Sea on Earth, a new study suggests.
The Indian space agency has released first year of MOM Long-term archive data (Sept 24, 2014 to Sept 23, 2015) to public.
The countdown for the launch of an Indian rocket with a weather and seven other satellites began on Saturday at rocket port Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh, the Indian space agency said.
A NASA-funded sounding rocket to study the origin of X-rays in the universe has helped scientists reveal a new mystery - an entire group of X-rays that don't come from any known source.
The Visible Infrared Imaging Radiometer Suite (VIIRS) on the Suomi NPP satellite captured these nighttime images of Puerto Rico before and after the outage.
The image shows the colorful "last hurrah" of NGC 2440, which lies about 4,000 light-years from Earth in the direction of the constellation Puppis.
The Falcon rocket and a satellite were destroyed in the recent explosion, which occurred on the launch pad at Cape Canaveral, Florida during prelaunch testing.
According to ISRO, the Mission Readiness Review (MRR) committee and Launch Authorisation Board (LAB) have cleared the 48 and-half-hour countdown of PSLV/SCATSAT-1 Mission to start on September 24.
Hinode, a joint mission of the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) and NASA, has provided amazing imagery and valuable insight into our star – and others throughout the universe – ever since.
The US space agency NASA's Hubble Space Telescope has found a planet that orbits two stars in the system.
India will soon witness one of the most historical space mission with the launch of 'Pratham', a satellite designed and built by the students of IIT-Bombay.
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- India may not invite Pakistan for BRICS summit
- Pakistan rubbishes India's claim of surgical strikes across LoC
- India's surgical strikes across LoC continued for 4 hours
- DNA: Analysis of India's diplomatic win over Pak after boycotting SAARC summit
- After India, three more nations pull out of SAARC Summit in Islamabad
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five reasons why Pakistan is denying India’s surgical strikes across LoC
- Punjab on maximum alert, villages near Pakistan border are being evacuated; additional BSF troops move in
- LIVE: Army used laser precision to target terror camps in Pakistan, intelligence gathered for over a week with local help, says report
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Nawaz Sharif condemns Indian aggression along LoC
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok
- Big blow to Pakistan as SAARC Summit in Islamabad likely to be cancelled after India, 3 other countries boycott
- Trouble for Subramanian Swamy, Delhi Police obtain sanction to prosecute BJP leader for inflammatory article
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- Pakistani father teaches little girl how to fire AK47, makes her threaten PM Narendra Modi; video crashes internet - WATCH